300 BO build is complete...

2»

Replies

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,246 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    If it was for range use or plinking, I'd probably stock up on some of this
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/sellier-bellot-300-aac-blackout-123gr-fmj-ammunition-20rds-sb300blka.html

I may order several boxes at that price. There site did say 5 days to process last week. Now it says 10 days. They must be some busy folks.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,765 Senior Member
    edited March 5 #33
    I imagine they are. I bet mags and ARs are once again FLYING out

Regarding that ammo, I know nothing about it other than 1) It's a brand I've heard of. and 2) it's the cheapest ammo I could find
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,246 Senior Member
    I've never shot it either. It gets good reviews.
    Tested it today with some Rem factory 120gr FBHP.

Had a couple of failures to feed that I blame on me not paying attention when I grabbed a mag, and used a mag with a 6.5 follower. OOPS
    Otherwise, shot fine and appears to be quite accurate. Both of the public ranges near me are closed for remodeling, so I just went to where I hunt and shot from one of the shooting houses, into a hillside, aiming at an ant hill.

So not the best set-up to test accuracy, but got the scope "close" and was tearing that ant hill up( ~100 yards)
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Cleaned the bore, after 20 rounds of factory ammo, Montana XTreme "Copper Killer" showed VERY little copper.

First wet patch: carbon fouling
    second and third wet patches: SMALL amount of blue tint. 3-5 minutes dwell time between patches
    fourth wet patch: clean

So took two or three dry patches to it and called it good.

Not sure who supplies KM Tactical's barrels (They won't say), but whomever they get them from makes a nice smooth bore :sunglasses:

• JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,931 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    Jeeper said:
    Personally, I would turn those scope mounts in the other direction though.

Luis
    Can't get the eye relief correct if I do
    Strange... Works better for me the other way... Maybe the scopes I'm using have more eye relief.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
    Jeeper said:
    knitepoet said:
    Jeeper said:
    Personally, I would turn those scope mounts in the other direction though.

Luis
    Can't get the eye relief correct if I do
    Strange... Works better for me the other way... Maybe the scopes I'm using have more eye relief.

Luis
    Hey, whatever works for you, works for you. :beer: (I SURE wish the old emojis still worked)

2»