Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,987 Senior Member
    They really attempted a fast one. First of all to ban all assault weapons. Hidden in the language it basically said that any firearn that utilized the power if a fired cartridge to eject and load another was an assault weapon. So anything but a revolver, single shot or bolt action rifle was an assault style weapon.
    I wish someone had the capability to set up a classroon of mannequins and shoot it up with a true automatic weapon and compare it to a basic AR 15.  Just think. Under that definition a jenning .25apc is an assault weapon
    And they tried to do it on a unrecorded yea and nay vote. Once challenged with a recorded vote it wasnt even close
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 2,540 Senior Member
    When they pass that type of laws we all will be shooting black powder again.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,662 Senior Member
    Yeah, that's basically what happened. Bump stocks gone, buying rifles at 18 gone. Pussified Republicans are going to wake up unemployed soon.
    I HAVE HATED COMMUNISTS EVEN BEFORE THEY CHANGED THEIR NAME TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 38,291 Senior Member
    Yeah, that's basically what happened. Bump stocks gone, buying rifles at 18 gone. Pussified Republicans are going to wake up unemployed soon.
    No they won't wake up unemployed. 
    "They are better than democrats." 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,112 Senior Member
    Just because they are bad doesn't mean that Democrats aren't ten times worse.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,910 Senior Member
    L I B E R T A R I A N
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
    bisley said:
    Just because they are bad doesn't mean that Democrats aren't they won't get voted it. Because of exactly what you said. bisley said:
    bisley said:
    bisley said:
    I've totally fouled up this reply. Anyway, point is....they WONT get voted against. Because they are republican, they are "better. " They get to do what they want, because they KNOW they wont get voted out 
    Zee
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 14,252 Senior Member
    edited March 5 #9
    Party before country! This is where it gets us.
    My advise? Find out who the sellouts are. Try like heck to primary them out. If they still make it on the ballot, vote Democrat and make it well known with letters and emails that it is not going to be tolerated. Let the Democrat also know why and that you won't tolerate their deviance from the 2nd Amendment either.

2A shouldn't even be a partisan issue. It is a universal American value.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 23,281 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    L I B E R T A R I A N
    Two words: Gary Johnson
    The Libertarian party is an overstuffed clown car now. Nope!

I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,910 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    zorba said:
    L I B E R T A R I A N
    Two words: Gary Johnson
    The Libertarian party is an overstuffed clown car now. Nope!

I didn't say Libertarian PARTY - parties of all stripes are the core of the problem. Yea, the Libertarian PARTY went full commie **** this last election cycle, didn't even look like Libertarians!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,923 Senior Member
    My advise? Find out who the sellouts are. Try like heck to primary them out. If they still make it on the ballot, vote Democrat and make it well known with letters and emails that it is not going to be tolerated. Let the Democrat also know why and that you won't tolerate their deviance from the 2nd Amendment either.

2A shouldn't even be a partisan issue. It is a universal American value.
    That's just it.  The Second Amendment isn't universal.  It should be, it's certainly meant to be, but far too many look at it as a an impediment to their pursuit of happiness.  
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    edited March 8 #14
    But that is what happens when you project an issue onto a single party-- the other party no longer feels like they have to listen anymore. In 2000, both parties had a clear message that messing with 2A was off limits and politically suicidal so they backed off (aside from the usual suspects). They were scared on both sides. Now, one side could give a rat's butt because they know they will never get our votes anyway, and the other party doesn't care because what are we going to do? Vote for a Democrat? It enables them to take our votes for granted.

We need to change that. Both parties need to fear us at the voting booth again. Mindlessly supporting one party is insanity.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 23,281 Senior Member
    The Founding Fathers warned against political parties. Nobody listened back then, either.
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,662 Senior Member
    The Florida legislature just passed their gun bill banning bump stocks, raising minimum purchase age for all guns to 21, 3 day waiting period for purchase and a money package for school security and mental health measures. The last two are the only ones that Republicans should have voted for, but as usual, they caved to the liberal whiners. Funny thing about it was most democraps voted against the bill because it didn't include banning "assault weapons." This means that it was almost all a Republican supported bill.
    I HAVE HATED COMMUNISTS EVEN BEFORE THEY CHANGED THEIR NAME TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,987 Senior Member
    They will never pass anything that banned the definition of assault style weapon
    Everything but revolvers, bolt guns or single shots would have been banned. That would be political suicide for any politician 
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Jermanator said:...Try like heck to primary them out. If they still make it on the ballot, vote Democrat....
    In other words, you can't vote for a Republican just because you don't like his Democrat opponent...but you can vote for a Democrat because you don't like his opponent. I'm sure this will make perfect sense to Democrats, but I doubt that a Republican will understand it.

bisley said:
    Jermanator said:...Try like heck to primary them out. If they still make it on the ballot, vote Democrat....
    In other words, you can't vote for a Republican just because you don't like his Democrat opponent...but you can vote for a Democrat because you don't like his opponent. I'm sure this will make perfect sense to Democrats, but I doubt that a Republican will understand it.

Not exactly. We are powerless if we can't influence elections. Supporting one party by default doesn't achieve our goals. We neutered ourselves.

Where it is competitive between the parties, we need to play the two against each other to get what we want. In solid red districts, demand pro-2A candidates. In solid blue districts, you are wasting your time voting for the red guy no matter how pro-2A they are because they are going to lose to the blue guy 2:1 in the votes. Our time would be better spent trying to promote solid on 2A blue candidates.

Voting blindly for Republicans will get us more of this. We need to find a better way. 
    Voting for the exact opposite of what we want makes less sense than voting for an independent that can't win. I know we disagree on this, but I'm fairly certain that a massive number of people are not going to take the trouble to go vote for someone they despise, in hopes of making a point. It smells like martyrdom to most folks, and we don't do that much in this country.

How is voting for a Republican that supports the erosion of our 2A rights getting what we want? If they can't manage that, they are pretty much worthless. They need to go. You may as well vote in a liberal. Not much difference.
    How is voting for a Republican that supports the erosion of our 2A rights getting what we want? If they can't manage that, they are pretty much worthless. They need to go. You may as well vote in a liberal. Not much difference.
    There is ZERO difference. Other than one can comfort themselves with "at least it wasn't a democrat." People don't like me saying that, but when you vote the party line no matter what, that's exactly what you get. 
    Now the next comment will be "well god damn! Do you expect me to vote for a democrat? Or stay home?" 
    Yes. That's exactly what I suggest. 
    Zee
    The fact of the matter is that this needs to be transactional. If you want a date with me, you better expect to wine and dine me. A bag of Cheetos and a wine cooler at the convenience store isn't going to get it either. You need to treat me right with an Extra Value Meal and a bottle of MD 20/20 to get what you want. Cpj has a flat rate of $20. Regardless, you aren't getting what you want unless we get what we want.

People have been giving it out to these politicians for free. We need to stop that.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 27,037 Senior Member
    But this is how we fail.  We are supposed to vote for a candidate of our Party and then make them accountable so they vote the PARTY platform.  The problem is that once again we have been divided by individualities and everyone feels entitled to do whatever they want regardless of party affiliation and that is an EPIC fail, Johm MaCain is a PRIME example of this and he has been getting away with it for years.  

We need to control our elected officials and if they ran as a REPUBLICAN they need to be accountable to us to hold up the PARTY PLATFORM!!!  THAT is the guiding document that is supposed to get your vote.

Voting for the other guys is a SURE way to make sure the OTHET party platform gets the support.  So if you believe that the 2a needs to be enforced and then vote for a democrat you have lost ALL hope of having any chance to hold the guy you voted for accountable.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    But this is how we fail.  We are supposed to vote for a candidate of our Party and then make them accountable so they vote the PARTY platform.  The problem is that once again we have been divided by individualities and everyone feels entitled to do whatever they want regardless of party affiliation and that is an EPIC fail, Johm MaCain is a PRIME example of this and he has been getting away with it for years.  

We need to control our elected officials and if they ran as a REPUBLICAN they need to be accountable to us to hold up the PARTY PLATFORM!!!  THAT is the guiding document that is supposed to get your vote.

Voting for the other guys is a SURE way to make sure the OTHET party platform gets the support.  So if you believe that the 2a needs to be enforced and then vote for a democrat you have lost ALL hope of having any chance to hold the guy you voted for accountable.
    Ok, so what if they DONT listen, and they DONT vote the way they supposed to? Do you blindly support them? 
    Zee
    ...We need to control our elected officials and if they ran as a REPUBLICAN they need to be accountable to us to hold up the PARTY PLATFORM!!!  THAT is the guiding document that is supposed to get your vote...
    Exactly.

The point here is that the Republican Party actually has a platform. They veer from it sometimes in order to gain compromise on something that is vital, and they have liberal, moderate, and conservative factions that bargain hard with each other, just to reach agreements that allow them to adhere as closely as possible to the stated goals of the Republican Party. They have monumental battles among themselves, before they even enter into any negotiations with the Democrats, who of late, have been diametrically opposed to anything put forth by any Republican...even when it means contradicting themselves on issues they have previously supported.

On the other hand, Democrat politicians march in total lockstep to whatever their leadership says, and they have been afraid to lay down a party platform for a decade, because they know that their constituents would be horrified. You cannot get any Democrat politician to state clearly what their party stands for, because it stands for nothing but achieving and holding power. The tenets it follows, wherever there even are any tenets, resemble nothing closer than they resemble the old Communist Party, as laid out in Alinski's Rules for Radicals playbook.
    edited March 9 #27
    cpj said:

Ok, so what if they DONT listen, and they DONT vote the way they supposed to? Do you blindly support them? 
    You vote them out in the next primary. You only have one vote, but if you have become disenchanted with them, others have, also. It takes time, but you do what you can, and you can burn up whatever social media you use to complain, write letters, or anything you can to expose them. Sometimes you lose, but you don't just say '**** it, they are all crooks.'
    Zee
    bisley said:
    cpj said:

You vote them out in the next primary. You only have one vote, but if you have become disenchanted with them, others have, also. It takes time, but you do what you can, and you can burn up whatever social media you use to complain, write letters, or anything you can to expose them. Sometimes you lose, but you don't just say '**** it, they are all crooks.'
    So what happens if they don't get primaried out? It's them or a a democrat? You gonna vote for them knowing damn good and well they they are **** worthless ?

Zee
    I am with you guys all the way, and have said it above if you haven't noticed. So you tried to hold them accountable through the party primary process, yet the party still fielded this candidate that doesn't support the platform. They weren't held accountable yet, so you are going to vote for them anyway because they are a Republican? How is that holding them to account? It isn't.

I am saying it is time to vote against these candidates to hold them accountable.
    cpj said:
    bisley said:
    cpj said:

So what happens if they don't get primaried out? It's them or a a democrat? You gonna vote for them knowing **** good and well they they are **** worthless ?

I might vote for them knowing that they wouldn't be another vote for the leftist destruction of the Constitution.

Or I might not vote for them at all, if they were too corrupt to vote for things I want. I wouldn't know until it came time to cast my ballot. I voted for Trump, when my gut was saying don't vote for the bastard, and I have been pleasantly surprised to see him keeping some of his promises. I don't like him, and I don't like everything he does, but he does more good than bad, so far.

But I won't vote for another Democrat until one comes along that will oppose all of this socialist BS.