One BIG gripe about the new format...

124»

Replies

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 27,076 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    tennmike said:
    Big Chief said:
    This joint seems a lot more difficult to navigate than the old forum to me and it ain't a matter of 'Getin Used To It................'

But......but..........but........It's iPad, iTablet, iPhone, and iFroot friendly! So it's got that goin' for it............and all the young Turks that got that platform and LOVE IT are the new cutting edge gun owners. I think I might have just thrown up in my mouth a little.
    Where did you see an iFroot?  I want one! 😁
    You're obviously not a fan of the comic strip 'Foxtrot' are ya. >:) :D
    I probably would be but don't get to read too many comic strips anymore.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,131 Senior Member
    edited March 12 #93
    1. One word best describes it best for me.

adjective
    adjective: pedestrian
    lacking inspiration or excitement; dull.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    edited March 12 #94
    I'm hoping it will get better with some changes as time goes on. Like going back to a B&W TV after having Color TV, in a sense. And having to get up and walk to the TV to change the channel manually using a rotary knob instead of a remote/flicker to get where you wanna go.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    edited March 12 #95
    Yeah I know, it's FREE and I can walk my pedestrian rear-end outta Dodge anytime I want to if I don't like it..................but I'm optimistic and besides, I enjoy the company.  o:)
    Big Chief said:
    1. One word best describes it best for me.

adjective
    adjective: pedestrian
    lacking inspiration or excitement; dull.

Let me give you another word that applies.  Working.

As opposed to continue dragging along with the outdated unsupportable platform we had before until the forum , once again, crashed and all info is lost. Like the last time.

Let's try another word.  GRATEFUL.  

What we should be that Guns and Ammo spends the money to run and maintain a Forum for us that we get to use free of charge, even though it makes them no money, and the only time anyone mentions the magazine around here it's to call it a shill for manufacturers and put down their writers for promoting products...

"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    Oh, I appreciate the forum and I subscribe to G&A and have been for over 30 years, heck probably longer and bought them at news stands/ Stars and Stripes bookstore and PXs many years before that.

I've mentioned the magazine and articles many times on here.

You are right we do have a tendency not to show our gratitude for the forum often enough and I am grateful for it and the volunteer work you Mods perform and G&A for hosting it, as well.

This still is the best forum of its kind there is, period.

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,246 Senior Member
    edited March 12 #98
    Big Chief said:
    NN said:

. I think I might have just thrown up in my mouth a little.
    Isn't that fun, I sometimes did that during a pratice air combat maneuvering engagement
    Yuk, inside yer face/Ox mask............

Just swallowed it again-----no problem-----you could take the mask off and use a bag
    This message has been deleted

NN said:
    Big Chief said:
    NN said:

Isn't that fun, I sometimes did that during a pratice air combat maneuvering engagement

Just swallowed it again-----no problem-----you could take the mask off and use a bag
    Man, I feel sorry fer the ground crews...................

• Mrs_Mary_CelesteMrs_Mary_Celeste Posts: 21 New Member
    Big Chief said:

for some

• shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,260 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:

Teenage paroxysm for me.

Just cos he's better looking than me
    Just cos he's cool and trendy

But I know he's a moron, Gordon is a moron
    Gordon is a moron, Gordon is a moron

Here we go, two three four

Oh she's a slag and he's a creep
    She's a tart, he's very cheap
    She is a slut, he thinks he's tough
    She is a bitch, he is a puff
    Yeah yeah, it's not fair
    Yeah yeah, it's not fair

Yeah yeah, it's not fair
    Yeah yeah, it's not fair

Gordon is a moron, Gordon is a moron

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

Big Chief said:
    Oh, I appreciate the forum and I subscribe to G&A and have been for over 30 years, heck probably longer and bought them at news stands/ Stars and Stripes bookstore and PXs many years before that.

I've mentioned the magazine and articles many times on here.

You are right we do have a tendency not to show our gratitude for the forum often enough and I am grateful for it and the volunteer work you Mods perform and G&A for hosting it, as well.

This still is the best forum of its kind there is, period.

Yes it is...
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,141 Senior Member
    Does this cluster-fook even have a private message mode anymore?  If so, I can't find it!
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    Teach said:
    Does this cluster-fook even have a private message mode anymore?  If so, I can't find it!
    Alakazam;

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

edited March 12 #106
    tennmike said:
    Big Chief said:
    This joint seems a lot more difficult to navigate than the old forum to me and it ain't a matter of 'Getin Used To It................'

But......but..........but........It's iPad, iTablet, iPhone, and iFroot friendly! So it's got that goin' for it............and all the young Turks that got that platform and LOVE IT are the new cutting edge gun owners. I think I might have just thrown up in my mouth a little.
    Where did you see an iFroot?  I want one! 😁

Apple Computer announced today that it has developed a computer chip that can store and play high fidelity music in women's breast implants.

The iT** will cost $499 or $599 depending on speaker size.

This is considered to be a major breakthrough because women have always complained that men stare at their breasts but do not listen to them.

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,726 Senior Member
    Generally the forum gets a big "meh" from me.  Not impressed, but not mad about it.  And as has been mentioned, it's free.

But the whole "badges" thing... I'm sorry, but that's like participation awards on steroids.
    Overkill is underrated.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,952 Senior Member
    edited March 12 #109
    But the whole "badges" thing... I'm sorry, but that's like participation awards on steroids.
    I think its something inherited from face***k? Catering to the teenage crowd in any event - the whole Internet is in a race to the bottom with crap like this. Just ignore the darn things, they don't bite!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,726 Senior Member
    Never seen a badge on Facebook.  The like/agree/disagree/LOL thing is Facebookian, but badges for post counts and anniversaries aren't. 
    Overkill is underrated.
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 1,402 Senior Member
    I just looked up my badges and I "Feel" special.

I think I'm gonna go to my room and write in my diary for a while.... Later, I think I'll watch a whole Twilight marathon! :s

Afterwards, I'll chug a bottle of Rot-Gut and forget about the whole badge silliness. >:)
    "Facts are stubborn things and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of the facts and evidence" — John Adams
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,246 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:

NN said:
    Big Chief said:
    NN said:

Man, I feel sorry fer the ground crews...................

Your supposed to clean your own cockpit-------some guys puked in their flightsuit  to avoid that.
    This message has been deleted
124»