Tennessee woman's lawsuit claims trooper groped her

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,088 Senior Member
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,088 Senior Member
    Hey Zorba.........you should shave yer whiskers and give that Trooper the surprise of his life!  >:)
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,910 Senior Member
    edited March 6 #3
    Big Chief said:
    Hey Zorba.........you should shave yer whiskers and give that Trooper the surprise of his life!  >:)
    That's OK, I don't think so - being groped by some guy isn't my idea of a good time! Besides, I ain't that pretty, even when dolled up.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,777 Senior Member
    My neighbor in Wisconsin was a State Trooper. That's how he met his wife, pulled her over for some minor infraction, and they eventually got married!! I guess she really wanted out of that ticket!!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 23,281 Senior Member
    Some TN State Troopers are more that a half bubble off plumb, for sure and for certain. Got one in my county that's going to end up shooting someone on a traffic stop eventually. He's drawn his pistol on at least two people I know, one for a burned out headlight! Either that, or the penalty for minor infractions just went up considerably.
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 27,037 Senior Member
    I had an acquaintance years ago that was a local cop and he used to brag about all the women he had "scored" with because they did not want to go home and tell their husbands/boyfriends they had gotten a ticket.  His partner was just as big of a dog as he was.  I have not kept in touch with either.

I have heard the same from quite a few LEOs.  I don't really think this is rare behavior...   Had a guy just last week single out my wife from a group of 5-6 cars to stop her and give her a speeding ticket.  Had the balls to ask her for her phone number too and gave her the whole, "Just show up to court and we'll see what we can work out, BS."  Needless to say I'll be going to court with her.  And it's NOT the first time I've had to do so...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    edited March 6 #7
    Tell her to wear a Hijab and he will be scared to stop her because he may be accused of anti-Camel-**** sentiments/harassment and not stop her............ >:)

Leave yer pistola in the car before you go in, courts frown on armed citizens.
    edited March 6 #8
    I was watching Live PD and in one place they stop vehicles for not driving for 200 feet before changing lanes with their turn signals blinking........that's crazy... some state or local law. I think it was IL or OH.

I have always been taught to change lanes using my turn signals when I can do it safely. I can't see that in heavy traffic because it would next to impossible to navigate for a turn off in congestion.

Granted it is usually followed by a ID/DL/Ins/Reg check and 9 times outta 10 a drug search and K-9  are brought in. A pretense for "Probable Cause"......at least on the stops they show on Live PD.  And almost every stop results in an drug arrest/DUI/Outstanding Warrant or at the least the vehicle towed or another driver called to drive it for a revoked DL#.

I just think that law is unfair/silly. Not complaining about then getting the dirt bags behind bars.

That or a headlight out, taillight or no tag lights or one of the two burnt out.
    SIGgal said:
    I get groped by a trooper daily. Any way that I can get $1000,000 out of the deal? I never heard of being searched due to prescription meds before, but he should maybe get a female trooper next time. 
    Since when would a TN State Trooper follow a law already on the books regarding female searches? That's just crazy talk.
    He knew he was wrong and not following procedure but he did it anyway. Anyhoo, if that had been my wife, he'd need to see about getting eyeballs implanted in the back of his head.

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,072 Senior Member
    I think the "no tag light" stop is pure BS...well, actually, I know it is....Merely a convenient way to pull over a car. Think about it....the police cars headlights are illuminating the freaking plate so "tag lights" are superfluous....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Can't say J_O_C_K_E_Y on the forum anymo? That's R_E_T_A_R_D_E_D
    SIGgal said:
    tennmike said:
    SIGgal said:
    I get groped by a trooper daily. Any way that I can get $1000,000 out of the deal? I never heard of being searched due to prescription meds before, but he should maybe get a female trooper next time. 
    Since when would a TN State Trooper follow a law already on the books regarding female searches? That's just crazy talk.
    He knew he was wrong and not following procedure but he did it anyway. Anyhoo, if that had been my wife, he'd need to see about getting eyeballs implanted in the back of his head.

IMO the law takes the fun out of being a police officer. In NJ, male officers are not allowed to touch women in most situations, but obviously there are times when a female officer or matron are not available so they have to do their job male or female. The PC culture is way to insane anymore...... not like he touched her lady bits. I'm sure he has seen panties before, so she needs to get over it if she was in the wrong, and if he was, he will be dealt with. 
    Cultural differences thing. In the South, our womenfolk are sort of a protected class. What the officer did was what would be considered 'beyond the pale'. City, county, and state cops don't get special privileges to go groping a woman. That is the path that leads to a 'come to Jesus meeting' where the cop in question doesn't like the results one bit.

SIGgal said:

Protected class? Has a nice ring to it lol. I am pretty traditional, but how I think women should be treated doesn't work in this part of the country. Hard to find guys who will open the car door for their girl or hold a door open for you up here. 
    That door thing, and others, is SOP down here. It's dying out in some areas as the invasion continues, but we do try to train the newcomers to act civilized. Sometimes it works, and sometimes not. The ones that it doesn't work on find themselves a bit alone, and avoided. :smile:

• rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,106 Senior Member
    edited March 8 #16
    I open the door for my wife and when a lady is behind me in town I will hold the door for her. Most men around hear do not open the car door for their wife/girl friend. Once in awhile it happens but not often.
    SIGgal said:
    I think I belong down south! 
    You'd like it down here. You can tell us natives from the 'transplants' easy. Us natives have a 'funny accent'. :smile:

SIGgal said:
    tennmike said:
    SIGgal said:
    I think I belong down south! 
    You'd like it down here. You can tell us natives from the 'transplants' easy. Us natives have a 'funny accent'. :smile:

True, but anywhere I go people know I'm from Joisey lol
    What exit?😁
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

SIGgal said:
    tennmike said:
    SIGgal said:
    tennmike said:
    SIGgal said:

IMO the law takes the fun out of being a police officer. In NJ, male officers are not allowed to touch women in most situations, but obviously there are times when a female officer or matron are not available so they have to do their job male or female. The PC culture is way to insane anymore...... not like he touched her lady bits. I'm sure he has seen panties before, so she needs to get over it if she was in the wrong, and if he was, he will be dealt with. 
    Cultural differences thing. In the South, our womenfolk are sort of a protected class. What the officer did was what would be considered 'beyond the pale'. City, county, and state cops don't get special privileges to go groping a woman. That is the path that leads to a 'come to Jesus meeting' where the cop in question doesn't like the results one bit.

Protected class? Has a nice ring to it lol. I am pretty traditional, but how I think women should be treated doesn't work in this part of the country. Hard to find guys who will open the car door for their girl or hold a door open for you up here. 
    That is just sad...
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,722 Senior Member
    Yankee men are so lazy, they won't marry a woman unless she's already pregnant!
    Overkill is underrated.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,112 Senior Member
    I'm not fast enough to open the door for my wife. When the vehicle stops, she is out the door and walking fast before I can open my own door. It's up to me to catch up. She grew up with four brothers, and it was every 'man' for himself.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,141 Senior Member

Careful, Mike- - - - -we get enough d a m y a n k e e s migrating down here without sending any more of 'em an invitation.  As far as the groping goes, there just might be some ballistic justice served if she's got a male relative with some long range skills.

Jerry

Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    Teach said:

Careful, Mike- - - - -we get enough d a m y a n k e e s migrating down here without sending any more of 'em an invitation.  As far as the groping goes, there just might be some ballistic justice served if she's got a male relative with some long range skills.

Jerry

If ya get the gals down here young enough they can be turned to the 'dark side' and become passably Southern. :smile:
    As to the trooper, I expect Karma may visit him sooner or later, depending on where the woman was from. If she's a Knox county native, then that might not happen. That place has gone crazy Liberal.

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,168 Senior Member
    tennmike said:

That door thing, and others, is SOP down here. It's dying out in some areas as the invasion continues, but we do try to train the newcomers to act civilized. Sometimes it works, and sometimes not. The ones that it doesn't work on find themselves a bit alone, and avoided. :smile:
    And the war of northern aggression continues.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,132 Senior Member
    edited March 8 #25
    SIGgal said:
    tennmike said:
    Teach said:

Jerry

If ya get the gals down here young enough they can be turned to the 'dark side' and become passably Southern. :smile:
    As to the trooper, I expect Karma may visit him sooner or later, depending on where the woman was from. If she's a Knox county native, then that might not happen. That place has gone crazy Liberal.

I'm only 22, so I hope that there is some hope for me lol. I can see myself as a southern belle! We were in Tennessee looking at property last week, but we are looking for at least 20 acres so we have some homework to do. MY Aunt is in Hendersonville Tennessee, so we already have family there and the transition will be fun. 
    Say what? Dear, you were in high school just the other day and last month you were watching Mr Rogers! 

LOLOLOL!!!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 38,291 Senior Member
    SIGgal said:
    tennmike said:
    Teach said:

Jerry

I'm only 22, so I hope that there is some hope for me lol. I can see myself as a southern belle! We were in Tennessee looking at property last week, but we are looking for at least 20 acres so we have some homework to do. MY Aunt is in Hendersonville Tennessee, so we already have family there and the transition will be fun. 
    But but but state pension! 😉
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 38,291 Senior Member
    SIGgal said:
    cpj said:
    SIGgal said:
    tennmike said:
    Teach said:

Jerry

Ill take the loss Chris lol
    Figure cost of living, the FACT your pension won't be jack schit like was promised, you'll be better off in a free state. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
    cpj said:

She ain't worked long enough at 22 to be heavily vested in that state pension thing! :smiley:

• VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,340 Senior Member
     Had a guy just last week single out my wife from a group of 5-6 cars to stop her and give her a speeding ticket.  Had the balls to ask her for her phone number too and gave her the whole, "Just show up to court and we'll see what we can work out, BS."  Needless to say I'll be going to court with her.  And it's NOT the first time I've had to do so...
    Had a cop pull me out of a pack once for speeding. I asked why didnt he nab the others. He asked me if I fished. I said yes. He then asked me if I caught every fish in the pond, I said no Then wrote me the ticket. No BS involved, she was the one the radar was pointing at. Go to court and be civil, take the reduced fine and pay it.

It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    I don't like the Noo Joisey State Trooper uniforms. Just a little too much late 1930s Northern European influence, if ya get my drift.

Had a guy just last week single out my wife from a group of 5-6 cars to stop her and give her a speeding ticket.  Had the balls to ask her for her phone number too and gave her the whole, "Just show up to court and we'll see what we can work out, BS."  Needless to say I'll be going to court with her.  And it's NOT the first time I've had to do so...
    Had a cop pull me out of a pack once for speeding. I asked why didnt he nab the others. He asked me if I fished. I said yes. He then asked me if I caught every fish in the pond, I said no Then wrote me the ticket. No BS involved, she was the one the radar was pointing at. Go to court and be civil, take the reduced fine and pay it.

Did he ask for your phone number?