FINALLY!!!! Fast and Furious documents to be released

Wambli SkaWambli Ska ModeratorPosts: 27,040 Senior Member

The Justice Department said Wednesday it will turn over documents withheld by former Attorney General Eric Holder related to the Operation Fast and Furious scandal during the Obama administration....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/07/trump-administration-to-turn-over-documents-related-to-obama-era-operation-fast-and-furious.html
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Replies

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,777 Senior Member
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 23,288 Senior Member
    I'd much rather see a vigorous investigation of Holder, Obama, and the BATFE regarding that mess, and some serious indictments brought down in a Federal Grand Jury, and a trial. Sessions still doing the baby steps thing.
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,741 Senior Member
    Another one of those things, much hoopla and celebration among conservatives, and NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH is going to come of it.

Otherwise there'd already be a bunch of "formerly" powerful people under indictment and or being tried.

IOW, bread and circuses

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,260 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    Another one of those things, much hoopla and celebration among conservatives, and NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH is going to come of it.

Otherwise there'd already be a bunch of "formerly" powerful people under indictment and or being tried.

IOW, bread and circuses

"Was it because of a plan or was because of guys out for a walk one night and decided they’d go buy some guns.

What difference – at this point, what difference does it make?"

Sic.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 27,040 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    I'd much rather see a vigorous investigation of Holder, Obama, and the BATFE regarding that mess, and some serious indictments brought down in a Federal Grand Jury, and a trial. Sessions still doing the baby steps thing.
    I think that if they had gone after Obama, Hillary and the rest swiftly after the election they would have been beaten up by a lot of folks on both sides as wasting time instead of spending effort on the really important stuff like taxes, jobs, economy etc.  Now that things are trending steadily in the right direction I think it's the right time to start going after the Obama team.  You see blocks being laid out on the foundation of this effort everywhere, just a little at a time.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 2,550 Senior Member
    We can only hope that there will be real justice for a change. ( I just hope I can live long enough to see it happen ! )
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,272 Senior Member
    Wonder if Super Special Council mueller will look into these? It should be way easier than finding out how the Russians stole the 2016 election ... or will he start looking into this week’s  Italian election results that the Russians have been reported to have stolen also?
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 38,295 Senior Member
    There will be ZERO that will come of this. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,073 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    This. Basically they didn't prosecute a bunch of straw purchasers. The ATF hardly ever prosecutes straw purchasers or anyone who lies on the form anyway. Frankly I doubt many here would be super in favor of ramping up the ATF budget so they they could increase their capabilities and capacity to do so given how most feel about the agency already. This was always just an excuse to beat up on an agency most conservatives already hate. Carry-on.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,112 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    This. Basically they didn't prosecute a bunch of straw purchasers. The ATF hardly ever prosecutes straw purchasers or anyone who lies on the form anyway. Frankly I doubt many here would be super in favor of ramping up the ATF budget so they they could increase their capabilities and capacity to do so given how most feel about the agency already. This was always just an excuse to beat up on an agency most conservatives already hate. Carry-on.
    OK...but can we nail them for the cover-up? Just this once, to even the score? You know - lying to Congress, obstruction of justice - peripheral stuff. Good for the goose, good for the gander.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 23,288 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    I remember Ruby Ridge, and I remember Waco, Texas and the Branch Davidian massacre. So yeah, I and a lot of other Americans have VERY GOOD REASON to hate the BATFE AND the FBI for those incidents. BOTH were vigorously covered up by the government, and NO ONE was ever really prosecuted for either. IN FACT, some of the major government players were PROMOTED! And they ended up in the Oklahoma City Federal Building.
    Here's a clue:
    1992 Ruby Ridge Standoff
    1993 Waco, TX and the massacre of Branch Davidians
    1995 Bombing of Oklahoma City Federal Building
    It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out the causality of the third incident, OR the simmering hatred that still exists for the government and the responsible entities that caused all three to occur.
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

• MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,229 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    YUP! Big old "nothing burger".
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,242 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    Michakav said:
    cpj said:
    YUP! Big old "nothing burger".

Yep. Why do they even mention it knowing nothing will ever be done. I've give up on wishing it would.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 27,040 Senior Member
    bisley said:
    cpj said:
    OK...but can we nail them for the cover-up? Just this once, to even the score? You know - lying to Congress, obstruction of justice - peripheral stuff. Good for the goose, good for the gander.
    Exactly!  This has nothing to do with empowering the BATF or giving them more money.  Actually I struggle to figure out how you made that leap!