Who hates the Autocensor?

Replies

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,286 Senior Member
    The stars are better as placeholders than the previous method of just dropping the offending words.  That made reading posts a bit odd.

Having said that, the new autocensor is **** ****...
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,131 Senior Member
    edited March 13 #33
    IT'S  R_E_T_A_R_D_E_D  

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,260 Senior Member
    edited March 13 #34

conchokid said:
    The Mods and many forum members have noted that there has been a steady increase in auto censor by-passes and we are kindly asking that you please refrain from these efforts. .............
     And because "****" and "****" have become acceptable in most circles—including prime time, over-the-air TV—we have removed them from the list.

Nothing really new there then?

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 504 Senior Member

FFLshooter said;

I don’t understand it. We are all grown folks here, even ladies withstanding. I highly doubt we have a single person under the age of 18 here and even if we did, I bet they been cussing up a **** storm since grade school. This is 2018.

and a public forum with young folks from different ethnicities

And I’m calling ****.

FFLshooter said;

I don’t understand it. We are all grown folks here, even ladies withstanding. I highly doubt we have a single person under the age of 18 here and even if we did, I bet they been cussing up a **** storm since grade school. This is 2018.

And I’m calling ****.
    So, it is not a world wide interweb?

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

edited March 13 #37
    Hey, can Bohemians complain about a Pedestrian formatted forums auto-censor?  >:)

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Big Chief said:
    Hey, can Bohemians complain about a Pedestrian formatted forums auto-censor?  >:)

If the Pedestrians are interested in atracting hits on the advertising on said site, from all free spirits, maybe.     :*   

FFLshooter said;

Who cares, good gun lovin Joe or Janes are always welcome here.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,112 Senior Member
    Sometimes, a little dab of coarse language can be applied that will save the author from writing an entire pedantic paragraph that explains his displeasure about something. Presidents and politicians do it occasionally, but at their own risk, and the point often comes across a little bit better. And, going 'out of character' briefly can reassure some people that the author is actually human.

You only have to study a PG-13 movie to see the lengths that movie makers will go to in order to make a point without using one of George Carlin's 'seven words you can't say on TV.' An overactive autocensor is fine for 'the big seven,' or ten, or whatever...but beyond that, it gets into plain old political correctness Nazi-ism.
    Big Chief said:

FFLshooter said;

And Janes or Janes, for that matter.

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,112 Senior Member
    edited March 13 #42
    Never mind
    bisley said:
     An overactive autocensor is fine for 'the big seven,' or ten, or whatever...but beyond that, it gets into plain old political correctness ****-ism.
    I have a job when you just spell the words wrong, what chance do I have with *******-****  or just ****  *******.

Good old Anglo Saxon, eh?

edited March 13 #44
    bisley said:
    Never mind
    What?
    Who?

shush said:
    Big Chief said:

FFLshooter said;

You mean Janes who used to be Joes or Joes who used to be Janes, but had surgery and ain't no mo............I doubt it cause less than .0001 % (or so) actually go down that path, but there could be some Jane on Janes or Joes on Joes on here.........I dunno.......had my suspicions.....which is OK (although I don't think it is, personally)  .......long as they don't try and fondle my gun fer fun.
    edited March 13 #46
    Big Chief said:
    shush said:
    Big Chief said:

FFLshooter said;

You mean Janes who used to be Joes or Joes who used to be Janes, but had surgery and ain't no mo............I doubt it cause less than .0001 % (or so) actually go down that path, but there could be some Jane on Janes or Joes on Joes on here.........I dunno.......had my suspicions.....which is OK (although I don't think it is, personally)  .......long as they don't try and fondle my gun fer fun.

How on earth?

You have to watch who you open a door for, give your seat up to or call love of late.

A Never Mind from me also, it just went puff!!!!!

edited March 13 #48
    Big Chief said:
    shush said:
    Big Chief said:

FFLshooter said;

You mean Janes who used to be Joes or Joes who used to be Janes, but had surgery and ain't no mo............

Here you go;

How on earth you can keep track, I have no idea.

You have to watch who you open a door for, give your seat up to or call a love, of late.

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 23,307 Senior Member
    I took my lead from Mark Twain a long time ago. He was right then, and it still applies now. Just don't use the words we know, but get creative. Like 'Richard Cranium' fer instance! I HATE the Autocratic Constipated Auto Censor!

When angry count four; when very angry, swear.
    - Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar

There ought to be a room in every house to swear in. It's dangerous to have to repress an emotion like that.
    - Mark Twain, a Biography

Under certain circumstances, urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.
    - Mark Twain, a Biography

When it comes down to pure ornamental cursing, the native American is gifted above the sons of men. -Mark Twain

I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 1,402 Senior Member
    If I want to say ass, I'll say Ass....

If I want to say bitch, I'll say Bitch....

If I want to say turd, I'll just say Turd!

And so many more..............but I'm quite capable of self-censoring.

But that's just me.

And now a little something from the Nantucket series........... ;)

And yes, I hate the auto-censor.
    "Facts are stubborn things and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of the facts and evidence" — John Adams
    edited March 13 #51
    Ass Bitch Turd

Hey how did you do that?
    Whoa........they fixed it! Hey OK
    edited March 13 #53
    Lets see .................****.

OK...when I hit edit the 2nd time it shows on my post?????
    Big Chief said:
    Whoa........they fixed it! Hey OK
    Nope...............well shucks.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,141 Senior Member

Vulgarity is a confirmation of a severe lack of vocabulary.  That being said, the people who thought up this latest generation of Dante's Inferno are a bunch of unwashed fellators with Oedipal tendencies and canine ancestry!  Anybody need a plain-English translation?  Drop me a PM!

Jerry

Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,663 Senior Member
    Teach said:

Vulgarity is a confirmation of a severe lack of vocabulary.  That being said, the people who thought up this latest generation of Dante's Inferno are a bunch of unwashed fellators with Oedipal tendencies and canine ancestry!  Anybody need a plain-English translation?  Drop me a PM!

Jerry

I believe the auto-**** applies to PM's as well.
    I HAVE HATED COMMUNISTS EVEN BEFORE THEY CHANGED THEIR NAME TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,141 Senior Member

Yep, but unless the PC Patrol is eavesdropping on private conversations (possible, I guess, maybe even likely) I can do some creative bypassing!

Jerry

Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 38,321 Senior Member
    edited March 14 #58

Whipped. 
    Whi pp ed 

edit: 
    made a post in another thread. It censored the word whi pped. What the actual ****?  Is whi pped a vulgar term I haven't learned yet?
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,983 Senior Member
    Only if your married.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 38,321 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Only if your married.
    To be that kind of whi pped, one has to get that. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 1,402 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Only if your married.
    To be that kind of whi pped, one has to get that. 
    Holy fecal matter Batman! Is whipped on the list also?
    "Facts are stubborn things and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of the facts and evidence" — John Adams