Rex Tillerson - you're fired!

BigDanSBigDanS Senior MemberPosts: 6,695 Senior Member
Yep, as of this AM...  Mike Pompeo to replace him.

D
"A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:

Replies

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,112 Senior Member
    Hmmm. I don't know if I like that, but I'm sure that he was probably ready to get out.
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,073 Senior Member
    This has been inevitable for a while. The two have not gotten along or been on the same page for almost the entire time. It doesn't look awesome though heading into high stakes talks with NK.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,073 Senior Member
    bisley said:
    Hmmm. I don't know if I like that, but I'm sure that he was probably ready to get out.
    This. I seriously doubt he's disappointed in the least. 
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,112 Senior Member
    If Tillerson is against the meeting with Baby Kim, I guess he has to go, because Trump will need a lot of help to prepare for that meeting.

For one thing, he needs to make it clear that there will be only one meeting, so NK needs to come to the meeting with their final deal. There's nothing to be gained by doing a deal like past deals, because they have cheated their way to the point of being able to nuke us or our allies within a very short span of time. It needs to be very simple and to the point - either full access while you disassemble and destroy, or no sanctions removed, and when you do your next test, it will be considered an act of war.

We need to be geared up for military action on an hours notice, and Baby Kim needs to know it. He understands punishment, and that's all he should be offered, until the threat is gone. The next president and the next NK ruler can discuss better relations, someday.