Cheapest ammo sources...

shooter10mmshooter10mm MemberPosts: 215 Member
Hey Guys, anyone got a real good ammo source they're ordering 9mm or .223/5.56 from in bulk??
"You miss 100% of the shots you do not take!"
"As long as there's Lead in the air there's hope!
" -- Ralph Adkinson(Daddy) The original Marlboro Man

Replies

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,112 Senior Member
    You might try Georgia Arms for the 9mm. I can't say about the .223 because I hand load them. I bought 250 10mm in a military surplus ammo can from GA, a few months back, and it is good stuff, loaded in Starline brass. I don't remember the price, but it seemed good at the time.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,093 Senior Member
    PSA (Palmetto State Armory) is hard to beat when they have a sale..............free shipping if you order 10 or more boxes in .22 lr (Mini-Mags) or .223/5.56. They sometimes have 9mm on special too.

Just shop around. Midway has some specials too on selected ammo. 
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • john.41john.41 Member Posts: 303 Member
    SGammo family owned, fast shipping and good prices.
    https://www.sgammo.com/

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,246 Senior Member
    https://ammoseek.com/

there are other sites out there just google ammo for sale cheap

This message has been deleted
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,229 Senior Member
  • shooter10mmshooter10mm Member Posts: 215 Member
    Great stuff guys thanks!!

Some places stick it to ya on S&H...........even though their prices are pretty good.

Gotta shop around and stretch them shootin dollars!
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,229 Senior Member
    I like gun.deals the best because a lot of times it will give you the shipped price or a code for free shipping.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,917 Senior Member
    I've had very good luck with outdoor limited: http://www.outdoorlimited.com/

Someone here, probably BC, turned me on to them.

-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
    Y'all need to start reloading, no more excuses. I can kinda sorta see just buying bulk 9mm/.223/5.56 fer blasting ammo, but to realize the potential of any centerfire you need to reload or spend a lot for the better factory fodder.
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 1,757 Senior Member
    Sgammo.com

Never disappointed. 
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,361 Senior Member
    JKP said:
    Sgammo.com

Never disappointed. 
    I just ordered a case of 7.62x25 from them, and it was cheap, delivered fast, and have no complaints.

To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 27,040 Senior Member
    PSA tends to have crazy sales.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    PSA tends to have crazy sales.
    Yep, I just ordered 1000 more 36 grain HP CCI Mini-Mags with free S&H @ $6.99 per hundred and no taxes delivered to my front door........................those plastic slide-lid  boxes make great little storage containers as do the 50 rd .22 magnum ones.

Still on sale along with several other types .22 ammo with the free S&H deal when you order X amount.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/ammunition/rimfire-ammunition.html

• shooter10mmshooter10mm Member Posts: 215 Member
    Big Chief said:
    Y'all need to start reloading, no more excuses.....
    As you mentioned, this is bulk ammo I'm hunting.  I came to the G&A Forum in like 1999 or 2000 looking for reloading advice on a certain cartridge after my mentor that started me in hi power rifles and reloading passed away...
    But damn maybe when I retire I'll be able to do it more, my career and 13 hour days, doesn't allow much more time than to pack it up goto the range and shoot maybe twice to three times a month!  One thing you must have to reload is TIME!!

Shane-O
    I see military type 55 grain FMJs 5.56/.223 hovering around $300 delivered fer a case of 1000 rds, some a tad more and some less with free S&H.

Sometimes 9mm @ around 10 bucks per 50 for 115 grain FMJs.

Just gotta keep checking the Internet haunts and sign up fer E-blast sales/specials.
    edited March 14 #19
    edited March 14 #20
    Or fer the same price ~ Federal AM Eagle 55 grain XM193 5.56 and free S&H if you order 25 or more @ $5.99 per 20 rds. At PSA.

• TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,043 Senior Member
    AmmoSeek is a good resource. In the end I was always buying from SGAmmo or Selway Armory
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,272 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    I've had very good luck with outdoor limited: http://www.outdoorlimited.com/

Someone here, probably BC, turned me on to them.

I think it was me. The only problem they have is their shipping charges can be a little high ... for some reason Dave does not have a great discount with Big Brown (but I usually do a run and pick up since I’m local to them). For HD/SD ammo I do not think you can beat them unless you catch a huge sale and on bulk ammo watch their specials and you can do pretty good especially if outside of NC and don’t pay sales tax.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,917 Senior Member
    I'm *very* sensitive to shipping charges - the amount a LOT of companies charge is just highway robbery, but outdoor limited's charges seem to be pretty fair. Several other companies folks seem to like always seem high on shipping, but not them.

I get annoyed with vendors of all sorts who want to ship everything either priority mail or charge $8+ UPS for something that could be put into a padded envelope for a couple of bucks. I'm wanting to buy a brand new book on the P.38 pistol. Book is $100 - and then they want to ship the damn thing by FedEx for another $20!!!! Media Mail, people, Media Mail!! It'd cost less than $5!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
    Graf & Sons has some good deals and S&H is only $7.95 for Internet orders,  no matter the weight, except for things like pallets of clay birds, a few exceptions. Keep an eye out for sales, as always shop around.

https://www.grafs.com/

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,987 Senior Member

I have always enjoyed going to the Academy Sports store when visiting friends.  We do not have one in South Florida.

Recently I made my first online purchase, seems everything I put in the shopping cart came up shipping:  free, to include ammo

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    edited March 16 #28
    RugerFan said:
    Nope says in stock when I just clicked on it????????????

My link above..................I've seen it swing to and fro before..............I didn't try to put any in my cart though.
    PSA has AM Eagle  M193 55 grain FMJ for $5.99 per 20 rds right now.

Free shipping on 25 + boxes.  $149.75 for 500 rds and so just under $300 fer 1000. But you don't have to order 1000, just 500 rds.