Another freakin' Shooter,

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 17,295 Senior Member
This one at UAB Highlands hospital, which is actually on part of UAB's "campus" so of course it's a "school shooting"

2 people shot, condition unknown, "suspect down"
Started @ 7:05 local time tonight
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,221 Senior Member
    Not buying it.  Can’t have a gun in a hospital.  Didn’t happen.  😶
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,295 Senior Member
    Nancy Swift, RN age 63 was the victim, the shooter was a 32 year old black male, name not released at this time.

Shooter was also an employee of the hospital
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

They now say 31 year old Travis Coleman

• BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,143 Senior Member
    LMLarsen said:
    Not buying it.  Can’t have a gun in a hospital.  Didn’t happen.  😶
    I've CCed in the hospital numerous times.  ER has a metal detector.  I've been to UAB medical center, don't recall any metal detectors.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    UAB Highlands (Old South Highlands, then Healthsouth) hospital SUPPOSEDLY had metal detectors, that were in use.

They're now saying the shooter was an employee, so he probably either 1) knew a way around them or 2) used his employee ID to by-pass them