The slippery slope has begun

104RFAST104RFAST Senior MemberPosts: 1,262 Senior Member
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/03/16/begins-florida-firearms-ammunition-confiscated-gun-control-law/
Be nice to your X or you could be next. Be careful what you say to your Doctor.
What could possibly go wrong

Replies

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,551 Senior Member
    Of course the first confiscation(s) would be Broward county. 
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,549 Senior Member
    I thought the NRA was suing Florida for violating the 2A with this bill...so how is the new law in effect before this ruling?

This may be a test case selected by the gun grabbers to 'justify' the new law and serve as the template to be used to justify it.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,565 Senior Member
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,460 Senior Member
    "The man told officers he "was being targeted and burglarized by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and a neighbor who lives in (his) building," the judge wrote in his order. "(He) could not describe the neighbor but stated that the neighbor 'shape shift, he can change heights and I'm not sure where he comes from' and 'to be honest, he looks like Osama Bin Laden.'"

He also told officers that he had to turn off the electrical breakers because "they are electrocuting me through my legs."

Having been in customer service for 30+ years and met this guys doppelgangers, I'm gonna side with the new law a bit.

It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,551 Senior Member

Having been in customer service for 30+ years and met this guys doppelgangers, I'm gonna side with the new law a bit.

This guy is the perfect media candidate for the new law. Wait for the next 50 victims to see the real tyranny. 
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,549 Senior Member
    CaliFFL said:

This guy is the perfect media candidate for the new law. Wait for the next 50 victims to see the real tyranny. 
    Exactly. This guy, and other looneys will be the poster boys which will cause the general public to shrug when hundreds of other cases are pursued, most of which will likely be illegitimate.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,565 Senior Member
    CaliFFL said:

It does have the distinct scent of "Cherry Picking"!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,525 Senior Member
    If the law was utilized only in cases like this nobody would worry. We all know it takes hardly anything for the law, government to overstep boundaries 
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,650 Senior Member
    The slippery slope HAS BEGUN??  Where have you been?
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,525 Senior Member
    To most, not a big deal, bit I just had to show ID to buy ammo at Walmart.  When I asked why, the lady said that without entering a birth date, the system would not display the price. I watched and all she entered was the date, no swipe or any info like name or address.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,727 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    To most, not a big deal, bit I just had to show ID to buy ammo at Walmart.  When I asked why, the lady said that without entering a birth date, the system would not display the price. I watched and all she entered was the date, no swipe or any info like name or address.
    Shades of the '70s. Next we'll be filling out Form 4473s for purchasing a muzzleloader because they're .50 caliber and will take down an airliner!!! OH NOES!!!!!!!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,624 Senior Member
    The future of this law will be full of successes and failures. Folks who are deemed dangerous, have their toys taken and are banned from buying new ones, will buy new ones anyway and commit horrible mischief with them. Some people will lose their guns who shouldn't have, and the public will be spared calamity by some guns being confiscated in the nick of time. And there will be cases where the police probably should have taken the firearms, but didn't, and ... you get the idea. It's a crapshoot with every gun confiscated, or not confiscated.

And over time, as we learn from experience, the law will be finessed, reformed, amended, expanded or repealed. As society ventures onto this slippery slope, expect casualties, expect injustice, expect lives to be saved and lost. Expect anyone prescribed psychotropic drugs, suspended or expelled from school, victimized by bullies, or even committing certain misdemeanors to be suspect, observed, and ultimately abused by the authorities. It'll be a bumpy ride getting this one right. If we can.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,259 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    I had to give my birthday to buy one shot case lube at academy today.  Anything gun related is getting extra scrutiny.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    My local Walmart sells reloading components. I was using one of the stupid self check lines, when I rang up Sierra bullets it froze the machine up until the guy came over and verified I was over 18. 
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    My local Walmart sells reloading components. I was using one of the stupid self check lines, when I rang up Sierra bullets it froze the machine up until the guy came over and verified I was over 18. 
    That self-service checkout machine needs a visit from a qualified optical practitioner, sayin'.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,662 Senior Member
    Buford said:
    The slippery slope HAS BEGUN??  Where have you been?
    Yeah, it started in 1934
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,727 Senior Member
    Not all that long ago I was carded by a maybe 22-24 year old FINE looking young lady at the checkout of a local gun shop. I told her it was pretty stupid carding me being as I was obviously old enough to be her grandpappy! I didn't say it hateful, just in a joking manner, and with a smile. She turned beet red and giggled. Might as well have some fun with the new normal. It's spotty around here regarding carding for ammo and components. Some do, some don't. You WILL BE carded for brake cleaner, starter fluid, and Coleman lantern fuel purchases EVERYWHERE, though. Danged meth cookers!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 3,232 Senior Member
    Basspro here will file a photo copy of yer drivers license for a black powder purchase.

IIRC Sportsmans Warehouse asks my age when I buy ammo or components.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    edited March 2018 #20
    horselips said:
    The future of this law will be full of successes and failures. Folks who are deemed daous, have their toys taken and are banned from buying new ones, will buy new ones anyway and commit horrible mischief with them. Some people will lose their guns who shouldn't have, and the public will be spared calamity by some guns being confiscated in the nick of time. And there will be cases where the police probably should have taken the firearms, but didn't, and ... you get the idea. It's a crapshoot with every gun confiscated, or not confiscated.

And over time, as we learn from experience, the law will be finessed, reformed, amended, expanded or repealed. As society ventures onto this slippery slope, expect casualties, expect injustice, expect lives to be saved and lost. Expect anyone prescribed psychotropic drugs, suspended or expellhave youed from school, victimized by bullies, or even committing certain misdemeanors to be suspect, observed, and ultimately abused by the authorities. It'll be a bumpy ride getting this one right. If we can.)
    As of yet, this is not a federal law so in its present form it doesn't apply to me. Furthermore, unless the libtards succeed in turning Texas Blue (I don't see that happening for at least 12 years) I don't see a law like this passing the legislature in Texas or making it by the Governor's desk.

If the SCOTUS remains conservative I look for your Florida law going before it at some point. As is it seems totally unconstitutional. It reminds me of that damned no fly list. A pissed off ex or one of your kids can have you put on it and once you're on it you can't get off. This law reminds me of that because all you 'have to have is a couple of people to sign an affidavit saying you're unstable. Then it's bye bye guns, they have unconstitutionally suspended your constitutional rights.

So far, it's guns, because not enough people are interested in gun ownership to stop it, but what if it works so well they decide you''re too crazy to drive or own your own property, Hell the sky's the limit with something like this. Like you say it's a slippery slope.  This will make some people feel all warm and comfy, until it happens to them.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.