Poor Dicks....

Replies

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,684 Senior Member
    Actually I just bought some Winchester .45acp ammo at the local Dick’s.  Between their sale price and the 25% rebate from Winchester it was a good deal.  Only 300 rounds.  I’m running a little low so this will tie me over until I can do a bulk order.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,130 Senior Member
    sgtrock21 said:

Didn't read every article in the link but one of them says Yeti just dropped the NRA.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,548 Senior Member
    Didn't read every article in the link but one of them says Yeti just dropped the NRA.
    https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180421/florida-alert-yeti-drops-nra-foundation

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

I just let Yeti know they can add another lost customer to their ever growing list
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

knitepoet said:
    I just let Yeti know they can add another lost customer to their ever growing list
    I just did the same.
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,041 Senior Member
    Same here.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 8,693 Senior Member
    My truck came with a year of free Sirius radio. I was just about to subscribe when I heard one of their DJ's talking about his plans to join anti gun marches this summer.......... scratch one customer.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • FlashoverFlashover Member Posts: 384 Member
    Yeti has posted a large statement on their twitter. They did it as an image and have no clue how to show it here
    Flashover said:
    Yeti has posted a large statement on their twitter. They did it as an image and have no clue how to show it here
    This one?

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,581 Senior Member
    True, or back pedaling?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,993 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    True, or back pedaling?
    Their website probably got bogged down with customers of the irate kind giving them 'what for' about their decision. Could be an attempt at 'back and fill' or it could be their messaging to the NRA was less than clear. Either way, they've got some 'splaining to do!
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,871 Senior Member
    I've no use for a cooler that costs nearly as much as a set of tires, so their support - or lack of - affects me not in the least.  That said, for a group (gun owners/2A proponents) that is as vocal as we are about even the most marginal of slights, we sure are quick with the torches and pitchforks.  
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    I've no use for a cooler that costs nearly as much as a set of tires, so their support - or lack of - affects me not in the least.  That said, for a group (gun owners/2A proponents) that is as vocal as we are about even the most marginal of slights, we sure are quick with the torches and pitchforks.  
    You're either with "us" or against us

Get crapped on long enough, and finally the return fire of poo becomes inevitable. YETI made their bed, flung poo, and is reaping their reward for it. They have yet to learn the consequences of pooping where they eat.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

Facebook blew up over it. Wish I had saved some of the memes I saw today.
    There's some good compilation videos on Youtube of people filling Yeti coolers with Tannerite and shooting them. :D
    And there is one group on Facebook that is saying don't blow up your Yeti coolers. Instead, they say that the cooler owners should put the coolers on E-Bay and other sellers at a really good price and undercut Yeti sales. I sort of agree with this method over blowing the coolers up.

• FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 463 Member
    Kinda silly to destroy your yeti cooler since yeti already has your money. Gee, that oughta show em 🙄
    Kinda silly to destroy your yeti cooler since yeti already has your money. Gee, that oughta show em 🙄
    Protests don't have to make sense, or even a point. The Left has been proving that since Nov. of 2016! :)

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,871 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    You're either with "us" or against us
    My point is that they claim to be merely changing a pricing policy and that NRA members are only one group affected by this.  
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,341 Senior Member
    Just got a his email from Springfield Armory:

DYLStyleBanner_SALogoAndWebsitejpeg

GENESEO, IL, (05/03/18) – Springfield Armory is severing ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, in response to their hiring a group for anti-Second Amendment lobbying.

This latest action follows Dick’s Sporting Goods’ decision to remove and destroy all modern sporting rifles (MSR) from their inventory. In addition, they have denied Second Amendment rights to Americans under the age of 21. We at Springfield Armory believe that all law abiding American citizens of adult age are guaranteed this sacred right under our Constitution.

It is clear where Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, stand on the Second Amendment, and we want to be clear about our message in response. Their position runs counter to what we stand for as a company. At Springfield Armory, we believe in the right and principles fought for and secured by American patriots and our founding forefathers, without question. We will not accept Dick’s Sporting Goods’ continued attempts to deny Second Amendment freedoms to our fellow Americans.

timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,921 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    Flashover said:
    This one?

That's nothing but total horsehockey backpedaling in an attempt to save their asses after they realized just much of their customer base they just pissed off.

If you read the NRA's initial statement, it was quite clear what Yeti's initial intent was.... they're just regretting it now.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,141 Senior Member

Didn't Levi's learn the same lesson a few years back when they started whizzing on their customer base in favor of accommodating the lace-panty crowd of tree huggers in the Sierra Club?  I haven't bought a pair of Levis in years, and don't plan to in the future.  Some marketing types are just stupid!

Jerry

Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,581 Senior Member
    Expelled by the NSSF as of yesterday:

https://www.nssf.org/nssf-expels-dicks-sporting-goods/

-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
    Thinking back on it I HAVE been to a Dick's Sporting Goods several times in the past. There's one in Chattanooga at the Hamilton Village shopping center. Gun selection wasn't much, but they did have some good ammo prices. Lots of Soccer Moms and other assorted females in yoga pants was the biggest attraction, for me, though. Target rich environment! >:)

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,684 Senior Member
    Their gun sales used to be good.  It was a guaranteed place to buy Remington 700s pre hunting season for under wholesale price after the rebates.  Now it’s a place that no one takes seriously for any sport as a sports store.  Again, daddy’s buying cleats for little league and mommy’s that have never taken a yoga class buying stretch clothing to go shopping at Whole Foods.  For anything sports related I can find a better place to shop in a second.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    Their gun sales used to be good.  It was a guaranteed place to buy Remington 700s pre hunting season for under wholesale price after the rebates.  Now it’s a place that no one takes seriously for any sport as a sports store.  Again, daddy’s buying cleats for little league and mommy’s that have never taken a yoga class buying stretch clothing to go shopping at Whole Foods.  For anything sports related I can find a better place to shop in a second.
    That  reminds me of another big box store I went to a few years ago. They had a sale on softball bats that beat Walmart prices. I went in and was checking out the bats on display looking for several that had the hole in the end of the handle under the grip wrap. A salesman came up and asked if he could help. I told him I needed the longest bat that they had with the hole in the end of the handle. He asked why and I said I wanted the hole in the end so I could pour a mix of one pound of bird shot and epoxy down in the other end. He told me that was illegal for use in a game, and I told him that busting people's noggins with a lead weighted bat was illegal, too, and that's what I needed it for. He left in some haste to help another customer that hadn't showed up yet! :D I like messin' with the sales people! :p

Both bats have been filled with expanding foam to get rid of that annoying 'PING!' sound when you hit something with them. :)

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,710 Senior Member
    Piss on Dick's......................from our 2A lovin Richards! 
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    sgtrock21 said:
    BOO HOO,

Personally, I like to make a COMFORTABLE bed to sleep in.

If they want to make a financially uncomfortable one for themselves...
    To use the old southern phrase....

"Well bless their hearts"