Citibank, Guns Sales, And The Lies They Tell

NomadacNomadac Senior MemberPosts: 871 Senior Member
Citibank, Gun Sales, And the Lies They Tell
https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/03/23/citibank-guns-sales-lies-tell/?utm_source=badaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl
If you have any business with Citibank, it’s time to consider ending it and letting the company know exactly why.

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,258 Senior Member
    Maybe they can get uncle tom sam jackson to sell gun control at 20% compounded quarterly.😝
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,608 Senior Member
    If ya have their credit card then just use it exclusively for firearms and firearms related purchases. Rub their noses in it.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,002 Senior Member
    Wife has a Citibank card, she said she is going to cancel it.

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,553 Senior Member
    I almost wish I had a Citibank card, just so I could cut it up and send it back to them.....with a not-so-nice note.
    I HAVE HATED COMMUNISTS EVEN BEFORE THEY CHANGED THEIR NAME TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,011 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    If ya have their credit card then just use it exclusively for firearms and firearms related purchases. Rub their noses in it.

I have a citi card and that's all I ordered lately. Gun parts and ammo. May just order another lower for the hell of it.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,250 Senior Member
    I stopped doing business with Citi a loooooooooong time ago...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,466 Senior Member
    Citibank has the Contract for the DoD Government Travel Card...That every Soldier is supposed to have.
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,139 Senior Member
    EBay pulled some tandemkross parts because they were parts for "assault weapons".  When the TK guy tried ask where in their policy a charging handle for a 10/22 was covered as assault weapon parts he was told its on their secret list they keep.  WT????????  Secret list??????
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,281 Senior Member
    eBay has a bunch of "secret" - or at least semi-secret lists. Try selling an Hermes scarf on eBay sometime and see how far you get. eBay's in the back pocket of Hermes and other companies that want to suppress "secondary sales" of their products.

A bunch of crock if you ask me - so I'm not surprised as to TK's problems.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,291 Senior Member
    edited March 30 #11
    tennmike said:
    Then you are still giving them 3%/purchase. Mine says "member since 91" I intend to make that member until today..
    done, and they asked so I told them. I have a feeling that I am not the only one. I dont use it anymore since I went debit all the way.

Heres what a 26 year diamond preferred card looks like when a corp tells people how to think

It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,651 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    eBay has a bunch of "secret" - or at least semi-secret lists. Try selling an Hermes scarf on eBay sometime and see how far you get. eBay's in the back pocket of Hermes and other companies that want to suppress "secondary sales" of their products.

I'll bet my twig and berries you're the ONLY mother **** here who has ANY idea just WHAT in the hell a Hermes scarf is. Except for maybe wambli. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,553 Senior Member
    Nice scarfs for a woman or a belly dancer.....LOL
    I HAVE HATED COMMUNISTS EVEN BEFORE THEY CHANGED THEIR NAME TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES
    cpj said:
    zorba said:

I'll bet my twig and berries you're the ONLY mother **** here who has ANY idea just WHAT in the hell a Hermes scarf is. Except for maybe wambli. 
    I was trying to sell it for a friend. Yes, she was (and is) a Belly Dancer, and owned a consignment boutique. I sold a bunch of stuff for her on eBay back in the day...

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,289 Senior Member
    I haven't carried a Citi card in YEARS.

Since I never carry a balance, I only carry cards that pay ME.

The current MC I use for most things collected $0.00 in interest from me last year, and paid me nearly $500 cash back
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• drsfefadrsfefa Member Posts: 397 Member
    tennmike said:
    This is the ticket.
    Responsible CCW is a lifetime commitment to Avoidance, Deterrence, and De-Escalation.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,352 Senior Member
    BAMAAK said:
    EBay pulled some tandemkross parts because they were parts for "assault weapons".  When the TK guy tried ask where in their policy a charging handle for a 10/22 was covered as assault weapon parts he was told its on their secret list they keep.  WT????????  Secret list??????

These idiotic errors are unfortunately far to common. Charging handles are a common part for actual Assault Rifles, so called "Assault Weapons", and nearly all other semi automatic rifles. The problem with these businesses is Ignorance and Apathy. They don't know and they don't care. Their all encompassing "broad brush" ensures a charging handle for an "assault weapon" will not slip through the cracks and spoil their silly "feel good" or equally silly CYA policy.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,291 Senior Member
    drsfefa said:
    tennmike said:
    This is the ticket.
    No it isnt. They still get 3% from the retailer. I havent used mine in a while, I think I put a car part on it last year because they were funky about a debit card.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 14,040 Senior Member
    For very personal reasons, Wells Fargo is #1 on my "list" of detested banks, even above B of A. With that said, this tidbit makes me feel a tinsy bit better about them.

I have dealt with ALL the major banks and have my opinion on each. Some take over 6 months to pay for the five figure work I have done for them but don't have any issues ruining my credit for a 30 day past due on $5. Some honor their contracts and the payment timelines.

Anyway, nothing I will discuss here in public. 
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,258 Senior Member
    They're all run by Henry Potter.💰👺
    I have dealt with ALL the major banks and have my opinion on each. Some take over 6 months to pay for the five figure work I have done for them but don't have any issues ruining my credit for a 30 day past due on $5. Some honor their contracts and the payment timelines.

That is EXACTLY my problem with BANKS. What they do best is screw around. I've lost thousands of dollars in my time from BANKS screwing around!

That's OK, I was able to return the favor once upon a time.

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,971 Senior Member
    I grew up with gramps telling me how bad the banks are & to never trust them.
    90% of things I buy I buy with cash. I keep my accounts low & shoe box full. Pay credit cards in full every month. A old jew in Iran told me that if you had 1 hour to pack & move out of the country would you have enough to start a life up again . If not you better change the way you are doing things. ( I did ) That was in 1980. Cash is still king.
    With the structuring law you even have to watch how much you put in the bank at one time. I say why put it there for them to use . I was asked a few months ago how many ATM machines & how many gambling machines I have & where they are located. After stepping back I asked why they wanted to know that........there answer was to better serve your needs. I replied that they only need to serve the things I ask for & no need to pry in my businesses . ( ya have to luv banks )

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,834 Senior Member

Anyway, nothing I will discuss here in public. 
    A minor hijack, but it's not just big banks, nor even just banks in general.  Large businesses have no problem doing the same.   Even smaller businesses oftentimes act like they're part of a national interest.  
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    Yep. Lots of them really need to shut the hell up and quietly make their money.