Home Main Category Clubhouse

The Titanic almost sank a second time.

earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
edited March 2018 in Clubhouse #1
My son's adult age sister stopped by today with her little ones and I remembered this.

When my boy was around three, I took him, his mother, and his brother to see some high brow Titanic exhibit at the Denver Museum of Natural History. Thing cost a mint for admission, but we wanted to see it. We get in there and there's a model replica of the ship big enough to draw a small chunk of the north Atlantic. Its all roped off and fairly elaborate. My son who had on his little Osh Kosh kid-alls, saw the model, yelled BOAT! and took of like a shot reaching for the ship with me just about three steps behind. He sails under the rope and almost has a handful of the illfated Belfast behemoth when I come up with a handful of Osh Kosh shoulder straps and pull him back high and fast well his little legs are still pumping. The guy next to me is laughing hard enough to split a gut and tells me good save!

I can only imagine the angry mob and inflated reparations bill had I come up empty handed.⚓😋

Replies

• BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,262 Senior Member
     He sails under the rope and almost has a handful of the illfated Belfast behemoth when I come up with a handful of Osh Kosh shoulder straps and pull him back high and fast well his little legs are still pumping. 

I can only imagine the angry mob and inflated reparations bill had I come up empty handed.⚓😋
    And for the remainder of that trip to the museum, you kept telling the squirming toddler, "I'll never let go, Jack!"
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • philo426philo426 Member Posts: 360 Member
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    edited March 2018 #4
    Did those signs they use to put up in antique shops come to mind.......

"You Breakee, You Payee"
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!