Sheriff candidate suggests killing gun owners

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 4,168 Senior Member
The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand

Replies

• shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,260 Senior Member
    edited March 26 #2
    How?
    Will they shoot them, to take the guns?
    Would it be better to shoot them while they are school age, before they acquire guns?

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,002 Senior Member
    I hope the people of that county are smarter then that, guy like that shouldn't even be dog catcher.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,092 Senior Member

Now he's back pedaling and claiming that he was making a joke that shouldn't have made.  He even has said that "Responsible gun owners have nothing to fear."

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,002 Senior Member
    Apparently there were intelligent people there that didn't take kindly to his statement. 
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,258 Senior Member
    Is that common sense gun control?

Wasn't it PETA or some other animal rights advocate that once proposed murdering hunters?

Common sense seems hard to understand sometimes.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,029 Senior Member
    Would he start with his deputies?
    I have a need for speed
    NN said:
    Would he start with his deputies?
    No, they would be last.
    They all would be needed to shoot everybody else first.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

edited March 26 #9

Daryl Fisher: Any weapon that is designed for use by the military I think we should ban. You’ve heard people say you have to pry my gun from my cold dead hands. (shrugs) OK.

Bougre!

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,020 Senior Member
    This clown reminds me of the Brower county Sheriff dick head. I don't think he's going to have much luck getting elected.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,245 Senior Member
    Buncombe county is in western NC and has the weird city of Asheville in it. It is home to UNC-Ashville which is strangely as liberal as UNC-Chapel Hill. The residents of the city are bat guano crazy and Asheville went to Hildabeast BUT the residents of the county are good rural people and went Trump. After statements like this I do not see this idiot getting elected to the highest office in the county but weird crappé does happen.

Now on the off chance the stars align and the idiot does win ... wonder if he’d be rolling up to doors with his deputies? 
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,722 Senior Member
    Is it not a Government such as he purposes that the 2nd Amendment was written to protect us from?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 416 Member
    I agree that the guy is an ass hat, but the title of this thread and the article is click bait. He never said that. He made a suggestion of the like.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,168 Senior Member
    I agree that the guy is an ass hat, but the title of this thread and the article is click bait. He never said that. He made a suggestion of the like.

Geez...The title of the article and my OP says "suggests"....which is EXACTLY what he did. 

Ayn Rand
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,168 Senior Member

Wasn't it PETA or some other animal rights advocate that once proposed murdering hunters?

The left often suggests violence against opponents. This is why they want us disarmed and why we should never, ever, acquiesce.  

Ayn Rand
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,834 Senior Member
    I'll agree that his statement is open ended enough that he could claim he didn't mean that there would be actual killing... but the cheering tells me the folks there understood what was meant and feel aligned with the statement.  He might not have used the actual words - and he may not even plan to follow up on them - but his implication was clear enough and it's fairly obvious the good people of Asheville like the thought.  

Put the shoe on the other foot... If a Republican said something similar about "women's health" clinics, or maybe "undocumented immigrants", would still be virtually the only ones talking about this? 

I think we all know the answer to that.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,408 Senior Member
    edited March 27 #17

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 9,515 Senior Member
    The Raleigh News and Observer falsely reported that he said "...cold BARE hands," but posted a link where he clearly said "....cold, dead hands."  In 2016, the N&O was successfully sued by a NC State Bureau of Investigation employee for falsely reporting she falsified reporting on her report on ballistics.  The reporter was Mandy Locke, and the settlement was something like $3.7 million.  The victim was Beth Desmond who was a ballistic expert.

Goes to show you why the N&O has lost a lot of money and a severe credibility problem.  I wrote the reporter on the "...cold BARE hands" reporter over the weekend over her biased reporting.  Mandy Locke was adjudicated to have to pay $75K in addition to the N&O settlement, which exceeded the state maximum by a jury.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,553 Senior Member
    edited April 1 #19
    Asheville is the County seat of Buncombe. It is a bastion of liberalism there, but outside of that are rural country folks that wouldn't abide by that kind of talk. Just west of Asheville are some of the most rugged mountain ranges in the southeast, but no surprise he got some laughs and applause there though. Kind of makes you wonder what kind of mindset some of these politicians have. I'd be real worried if I lived there. In my mind, there's nothing more dangerous than a liberal head of law enforcement.
    I HAVE HATED COMMUNISTS EVEN BEFORE THEY CHANGED THEIR NAME TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,553 Senior Member
    CaliFFL said:

The left often suggests violence against opponents. This is why they want us disarmed and why we should never, ever, acquiesce.  
    They say things like that often enough that we as conservatives and gun owners should take their rhetoric seriously. All we have to do is look at the democrap shooter in the republican congressional softball game last year, and the fact that the vast majority of school shooters were left-leaning a-holes.
    I HAVE HATED COMMUNISTS EVEN BEFORE THEY CHANGED THEIR NAME TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,082 Senior Member
    He's obviously a believer in "Serve and Protect"- - - - -Serve yourself and protect the politicians!
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite