Home Main Category Clubhouse

And the hits just keep on coming......

JayhawkerJayhawker ModeratorPosts: 16,920 Senior Member
As if losing my dog wasn't bad enough, today my old cat shifted off this mortal coil.....
Lefty was half of a pair of cats we rescued years ago.....we lost his buddy Poncho back in 2015.....
This whole thing sucks....I am officially done with pets....
Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Replies

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    I hear ya.

I love dogs and used to always have at least one. But, I've buried too many of them, and I don't want to do it any more.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,659 Senior Member
    Sorry for your loss. It does seem that a lot of folks get tired of the losses. My late father got that way too, and I probably will eventually as well. It really messes me up when we lose one...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Man, it is hard to lose a pet, I know.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,093 Senior Member
    Sorry for your loss JH
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about Lefty. Cats and dogs sure make a place in your heart and leave a hole at their passing.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Sorry for your loss, tough loosing your best friends.

we have a couple of dogs that are getting pretty old. I know the time is coming and not looking forward to loosing them. These are our last pets too.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear that.  
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,035 Senior Member
    Sorry, Scott . I know when Sophie (the resident bed hog) crosses the bridge, it'll be a terrible day here. Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    I thought I was through too until the latest vagabond showed up at the back door.😽
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,914 Senior Member
    Sorry for your loss. Losing our furry friends is never easy
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • drsfefadrsfefa Member Posts: 407 Member
    Sorry to hear. :'(
    Responsible CCW is a lifetime commitment to Avoidance, Deterrence, and De-Escalation.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,625 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear this Jayhawker, but, I doubt you are done, most of my pets have found me, hard to say no when they find you.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 4,265 Senior Member
    When younger I hated to loose a pet ......now that I am old I would worry about who would take care of them if I was gone.
    Sorry for your loss there.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Sorry for your loss. :'( 

My dogs are 8 and 10. The 10 year old is starting to show signs of wear and tear. 
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod