Home Main Category Clubhouse

Obnoxious things that kids do

JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior MemberPosts: 7,952 Senior Member

My wife and I were at a local restaurant a few weeks ago.  We were sitting at a booth immediately behind an elderly couple with what appeared to be their grand kids.  One of the kids looked to be about 10, and was facing me.

He was sucking ketchup straight out of the bottle on the table.  After this went on for a bit, one of the adults made him stop.

I told one of the waitresses about this so she could remove the bottle (it was a squeezable, plastic bottle) and (hopefully) burn it.

That was a first for me.  I wonder how may other things these precious little angels do that would gag a maggot.

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,398 Senior Member
    edited March 2018 #2
    Kids that act like that in public haven't been taught how to act in public, or in private. Table manners are totally lacking in a lot of young folks today, and a lot older than 10. If I'd have done that at home I'd have had to walk back to table from the living room because that's where I'd have landed when slapped back from the table. In public, I'd have most likely had a public butt whoopin'. Today's kids act feral because that's how they are raised, or rather, because they lack raising.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,928 Senior Member
    We were taught table manners at home and not taken out to eat with the family until we mastered them. 
    There we no antics allowed when dining in public.....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    I try to not blame the kids since it is ultimately the parents who are responsible for how the kids acts. If you ever want to pissoff a soccer mom tell her she needs to put her kids on a leash (this doesn’t apply at restaurants with playyards like McD’s, Chucky Cheese, etc) and watch her head spin ... I got asked to leave a few places but a couple others a manager thanked me on the sly.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,667 Senior Member
    Ah yes, I recall the time I made a couple of comments about the desirability of a "postpartum abortion" at a restaurant with a little Hellion running amok. The "parents" didn't appreciate my remarks; too bad, so sad...

Seeing well behaved children is so rare these days that when I *do* see it, I'll go out of my way to compliment the parents. My wife and I boarded a 14 hour flight from Heathrow to SFO once - a young mother and no less than 3 kids were seated across the aisle from us. "This is gonna be a LOOOOOOOOOONG flight" I thought. Those kids were PERFECT angels. For the entire flight. Coloring books, games, some reading, no electronics and no noise! And I did indeed compliment their mother when we got to SFO.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    I remember a sleepover with one of my son's friends when he was 6-7. We sat for dinner and this kid would not sit and eat. He'd grab his food and run around with food falling on the floor. I made him sit down, but he'd eventually leave his seat and roam. I knew right then how his parents chose to discipline him. 
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Birth control should be an option up to about age 18!
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    I burried a fish hook in my Dad's back once well casting when we were in a small boat. Another time I accidentally smacked him in the head with a shotgun barrel. That was a long time ago so I don't clearly recall his reaction, but I'm sure he considered it obnoxious.🙉

Once well attempting to erect a small tent in a high wind, my son who was six or so decided to play in a cold fire pit. When he came around to tell me about his exciting adventure, he was covered from head to toe with black soot. I was not thrilled😣

Think kids at restaurants are obnoxious? Have your kids friend that's a picky eater with food allergies spend the night.😋
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,667 Senior Member
    EEEWWWWWWWWW!!!!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,534 Senior Member

"To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    It’s not just kids.  Wife and I were out for breakfast one weekend, and as we waited for our orders, I watched an elderly couple across the room.  The guy poured syrup on his pancakes, then LICKED THE SPOUT of the pitcher!! 

I grabbed the next waitress that went by and quietly told her about it, and she swooped in the moment they left the table and grabbed ALL the pitchers.  I couldn’t believe it.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    edited March 2018 #12
    And some parents are scared to discipline their kids, especially in public. Fear of being arrested for "Child Abuse".

Yes, their behavior reflects on the parents.

Kids will be kids, though.

Momma would make me go to Church, especially on Easter Sundays and more than any other place she would say don't you embarrass me in Church..........for some reason that was the worst place for Little Chief to act up..............I knew the consequences would be bad, very bad if I did cutup there.

Wasn't uncommon for kids that did to be dragged outta main area to a hallway or out back by their ear and get a good spanking by their parents.

I remember sitting in HOT Churches with no AC, sometimes maybe a big electric fan and always those hand held cardboard ones on a stick with a pic of Jesus or the 10 Commandments printed on one side and a funeral home advertisement on the other.

I've seen some little monsters and very well behaved ones in public and it sure does reflect on their parents.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    I just patiently give the dead man's glare till I get the little darlings in the car and out of sight.🚸💣
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,636 Senior Member
    To the Grandparents credit, that kid may have had some developmental disability.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,611 Senior Member
    Are we on the fourth or fifth generation of feral citizens?  I'm asking because these generations run shorter and it's easier to lose track...
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member

Try being the teacher who gets to deal with the feral little brats the school administrators don't want corrupting the general population of the school.  I have heard "counselors" advise rookie academic teachers to let them know about the disruptive kids in their classes "so we can send them to the vocational wing".   The ironic thing is that some of those kids with technical skills end up earning a lot more money over a lifetime than the snowflakes with degrees in "Art Appreciation", "Pre-Colombian Interpretive Dance", "Outdoor Masturbation"- - - - -etc.!

Jerry

• shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    edited March 2018 #17
    CHIRO1989 said:
    To the Grandparents credit, that kid may have had some developmental disability.
    Good man.

Both my boys are/were primary school teachers (4 to 10 years).

Kids fine, parent not so much.