What guns y'all gonna bring toe the SE Shoot?

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 31,414 Senior Member
Well a mainstay is one of my model 624 .44 Spls, probably the  6 1/2" bbl this time.
I think need prefers that on over the 4" bbl one. 

Buck Mark .22 pistol and Marlin Model 60 on the list.

Ruger 5.56 MPR

Mosin Nagant with Howling Raven Muzzle Brake if anyone wants to shoot it, it really tames that recoil of that Russian Mule.

Maybe a .357, Highway Patrolman or other?

I think cpj and others enjoyed shootin that model 14 .38 Spl W/Underlug and I can bring it again if requested.

3"  model 629 round butt .44 Mag? Handful, but not all that bad.

Maybe a surprise............I'll have to thunk on it.

List not finalized so....................let me know if you have any request for guns or any ammo I can bring and if I have it, I will bring it.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,414 Senior Member
    edited April 3 #2
    That should read Ned prefers the 6 1/2 " bbl .44 Spl.........hate to edit and lose the OP.

And "Toe" should read To in the title.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    I know Mike is gonna bring his T-bolt for us to check out.

Wambli his new 10mm?

Zorba his "Money Gun"?

edited April 3 #4
    And Woody the target and the brick of .22 ammo will be coming for whatever contest you guys decide on..................last I remember it was Teach's CZ 52 7.62X25 Tok as the gun to be used to compete with?

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,288 Senior Member
    edited April 3 #5
    I'm not sure yet, although I "should" have a "shiny new" M1 Garand picked up the day before the shoot. Thinking of bringing my CVA Optima V2, maybe the CZ-75BD as well, since I'll have a steel target to shoot at with it. I know CPJ is itching to shoot my new "Ghetto Blaster" (Hi-Point $100 bill pistol), and we'll see who can handle the muzzle blast and recoil of the awesome NAA .22s revolver! Gonna bring a folding table, chair and rifle rest to "try" to hit the 100 yard gong with the Garand, just need to figure out how I'm going to get all that crap up to the firing line - the old MBZ would get stuck or high centered for sure! Meh, maybe I'll bring the Mark III as well, its just so much fun to shoot.

I'd love to try your Mosin, not that I'll be able to hit anything with it!

-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,698 Senior Member
    I haven't put the list together yet, but everything I bring will be at least 100 years or older!
    That reminds me, I have a gun stock for you Al.

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,653 Senior Member
    BC: YES to the 14. If you want, I can take it home so you don't have to haul it back. 😬
    Dont forget that case trimmer deal. Meant to have you ship it earlier, but forgot. 
    Id like to to shoot your LC9 again. May end up with one of those. 
    And Zorbs I'd love to shoot the CZ75. The $100 turd, not so much. But I WILL fire or a time or two...
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
    You got it CPJ. I'll have my LC9s on me as well - BC's was what caused me to buy one.

I need to make a list, otherwise I'll be sure to forget something - probably something important like the mag I forgot last year.

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,162 Senior Member
    I'll be bringing a few leverguns that I've aquired since the last shoot that all start with a .4 along with some revolvers and at least one 1911 that I suspect Ned might enjoy.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    OK, mdl 14 and LC9 and MN added to the list.

Yep, got the case trimmer in the garage, remind me again so I don't fegit as it gets closer to time. 
    edited April 3 #12
    Big Al1 said:
    I haven't put the list together yet, but everything I bring will be at least 100 years or older!
    Ah OK, Neds age...................or something he would be very familiar wiff!
    I want some of you that are good shots to shoot my Ruger MPR 5.56 and with better eyes.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,024 Senior Member
    edited April 3 #14
    Three will be their for sure, My old .270 Win., and my new (to me) 7x57 0n a commercial 98 Mauser Action and a .24" barrel, my old S&W Model 469 9mm, which is my EDC. I also want to bring my two newest (to me) shotguns. One, the Browning A-5 Sweet 16, made in 1960, and the other a Model 12 Winchester 12 Ga., made in 1940. I'll bring a couple other rifles too, maybe my beautiful Model 1500 Howa rebarreled to .250 Savage, and either my Ruger tang safety Model 77 rebarreled in 9.3 x 62 or my 8x57 Yugo, sporterized but still with the MilSurp 8x57 barrel.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    I'd like to take a pop with the 9.3!!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,032 Senior Member
    I'd bring a .327; but, it might be too dangerous with all those people around. 
    I have a need for speed
    Big Al1 said:
    I'd like to take a pop with the 9.3!!
    OK Al, consider it done. It will be there.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    NN said:
    Yep, them Chiggers are terrified you will bring it!
    edited April 3 #19
    I think I'll bring the 9.3 AND the 8x57. They're both two of my favorites. But my .250 Savage is my favorite,well other than the .270. of course. The .250 is just so sweet. When shooting it its hard to believe it is a very deadly deer and hog rifle. It feels like such  putty tat !
    NN said:
    I wouldn't mind giving your .327 a whirl - I'm curious how it would compare to a Security Six.

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,616 Senior Member
    Rifles will be:
    Browning T-bolt
    An old High Standard .22 semiauto rifle
    Marlin lever action .22
    Heritage .22 frankenrifle made from a pistol
    .50 BMG rifle
    Pistols :
    Buckmark
    Ruger Mk I
    Single 6 .22LR
    Something in 9mm
    50 lbs of ammonium nitrate(uncoated) and aluminum powder with some potassium perchlorate 'kicker'.

If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,295 Senior Member
    Only thing I "know" I'm bringing so far is the BO
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,264 Senior Member
    I’m bringing the Dan Wesson for sure, hell I sleep with it in my arms every night...  I have to think about what else is coming.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    I'm sure there will be a plethora of interesting guns and folks there, as always.

Snake, I hope yer AC is working this year. That's a long hot drive from TX!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,727 Senior Member
    Plan to bring a .223 Bolt gun, 2 X ARs, maybe the Tennmike .357 mag rifle, the FN and a few handguns
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,143 Senior Member
    edited April 4 #26
    I haven't signed up for any matches this year so I may make it.  I'll probably bring my slicked up ubertti 1873, the AR I just built, rimfire raceguns and my 9mm Open gun.  Oh and my 9mm PCC I just got.  I shot it in Steel challenge last weekend and its way way fun.  Even if my stupid daughter beat me by 3 seconds.  If I get a chance to make some ammo, I'll bring my RIA 10mm, let Wambli see what he's missing :D
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,143 Senior Member
    Anybody bringing an M1 carbine?  Never shot one and would love to.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    I can bring a carbine! Let me know.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,295 Senior Member
    Big Al1 said:
    I can bring a carbine! Let me know.
    No you can't, they're not 100 years old :p LOL
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Big Chief said:
    I'm sure there will be a plethora of interesting guns and folks there, as always.

Snake, I hope yer AC is working this year. That's a long hot drive from TX!
    My AC is an on again-off again proposition, but I'm tuff so I'll be there.
    edited April 4 #31
    zorba said:
    I'm not sure yet, although I "should" have a "shiny new" M1 Garand picked up the day before the shoot. Thinking of bringing my CVA Optima V2, maybe the CZ-75BD as well, since I'll have a steel target to shoot at with it. I know CPJ is itching to shoot my new "Ghetto Blaster" (Hi-Point $100 bill pistol), and we'll see who can handle the muzzle blast and recoil of the awesome NAA .22s revolver! Gonna bring a folding table, chair and rifle rest to "try" to hit the 100 yard gong with the Garand, just need to figure out how I'm going to get all that crap up to the firing line - the old MBZ would get stuck or high centered for sure! Meh, maybe I'll bring the Mark III as well, its just so much fun to shoot.

I'd love to try your Mosin, not that I'll be able to hit anything with it!

Now you got me wondering if I should bring one of my Garands. I have a little ammo. I might as well. I've got two. One is a cherry Springfield 1944 year model with a solid walnut stock. That one actually belongs to my youngest son. Then I've got a Winchester Receiver 1942 original manufacture.  I know it's been arsenal overhauled. It has a birch but stock and a walnut for end. I refinished the Winchester Garand wood but the Springfield is in original condition. Only problem, when you load the Springfield you have to load the left side first and the right side top is the first to be stripped off. If you load it the other way it jams. The Winchester is ambidextrous. Either one with Milsurp ammo will do a 3" group at 100 yards. That's close enough for me.