NAA revolver put holes in my britches

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 31,414 Senior Member
.22 Mag one. When I had that folder-over-the trigger grip on it , it was sure easier to shoot more 'Accurately', at least get a better purchase on it. But seeing how that grip may make it very safe to carry even if you accidentally cocked it somehow in yer pocket and rotated a live round under the hammer from the safety notch position. 

Well the little bbl and front sight wore holes in my jeans .................and it is a slower using it if I ever need to pull it because not only being a single action would I have to cock it for every shot, I would have to unfold that grip first..................

So I went back to the original little wooden ones. I figure I can always swap back if I plan a long range session. I have fired it with them before and it is a little hard to grasp them, but doable. I can get enough to do what needs to be done up close if I ever need to.

So I bought a De Santis inside the pocket holster. It has a little pocket for extra ammo too. I got 5 extra .22 Magnums tucked in there. Not that one would have time to reload one unless you have good cover and plenty of time. 

Two pairs of my jeans have holes.............oddly enough the pockets don't. Just from rubbing, I reckon.

It has a hammer safety strap which I don't use and it stays put without using it.
Ruger LC9s also rides in a De Santis pocket holster.

It is a "Trick" to make sure the hammer is in the Safety Notch between the cylinder charge holes.

A .44 Special cartridge next to the little NAA.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,414 Senior Member
    Them jeans have plenty life left in them.......so I need to get out the needle and thread. I wonder if they still make them Iron-on patches I remember from years ago. Just cut to fit overlapping the hole and iron from the inside and they worked pretty good.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,261 Senior Member
    Some kids buy their britches already punctured.

Better to keep yer gun from falling out.🔫

That could be taken in a wrong way🚔
    I actually looked down in Walmart and the bbl was poking out a little bit............but was covered by the pocket cloth, but still.

While I wuz waiting on the delivery, I put a handkerchief in my pocket to cover it a bit fer a couple days ..........like the olden days I reckon.

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,616 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    Them jeans have plenty life left in them.......so I need to get out the needle and thread. I wonder if they still make them Iron-on patches I remember from years ago. Just cut to fit overlapping the hole and iron from the inside and they worked pretty good.
    They still make them. Look in WallyMart in the fabrics section, if your WallyMart has a fabrics section/sewing machine section. That's where I found them.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,260 Senior Member
    edited April 6 #6
    Big Chief said:
    Who do you know has a sewing machine or two?

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,032 Senior Member
    Yeah, they still have those patches
    I have a need for speed
    Zorba and he knows how to use them!

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,261 Senior Member
    edited April 6 #9
    Big Chief said:
    Zorba and he knows how to use them!

Buy some extra patches for him. He might need them when gets his pepper box rockin'.
    If all them go off at once we might have to start calling Zorba ..........the Human Pepper Shaker!
    Big Chief said:
    If all them go off at once we might have to start calling Zorba ..........the Human Pepper Shaker!
    Had a chain fire on my 1851 .36 cal. Navy revolver once. It was exhilarating to discover I still had all my fingers, and my eyebrows were unsinged.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 986 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    You are hard in jeans.  Have you considered Toughskins?  😎😎😎

http://www.retroland.com/toughskin-jeans/
    So one went down the bbl, 2 out each side and 1 hit the bottom of the frame? Did it damage your revolver?
    Big Chief said:
    So one went down the bbl, 2 out each side and 1 hit the bottom of the frame? Did it damage your revolver?
    No damage to the pistol. I was using light loads as it is a brass frame model. I was using thin cardboard over powder wads with no grease on the bullet side. That ended that; cardboard wads got a generous amount of grease on the bullet side after that!

Hey, Big Chief, you going to bring that NAA mini to the Shoot? I could bring this one and we could pop off some rounds at a 7 yard target! :)

Sure, I'll have it with me. I got some A-22 Magnums made especially for Savage semi-auto rifles and it is a 35 grain JHP...... from a Rifle length bbl rated at 2100 FPS.......so outta that short bbl on my NAA Mini I think the magnums are around 800-900 from a 1 5/8" bbl FPS if I remember correctly a YouTube video where they guy tried .22 Mags and clocked them from a NAA using his Chrony.

Well heck here is their own Chrony results

1067 FPS with a 34 grain Win Supreme....  so I may get in that ballpark.

https://northamericanarms.com/ballistics/ball-22m/

Loud little dudes................

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,288 Senior Member
    I'm fixin' on bringing my NAA as well. It'd be interesting to see who can hit what with it and at what range.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    Been loading some .44 Mags using 23.0 grains of 296 powder in both 240 grain Hornady silhouette bullets and the same with some 240 grain semi-jacketed HPs these might be Winchester bullets ?? in a bulk bag.

I reckon those will satisfy those wanting to shoot them from my 3" 629

You are welcome to try some in yer Derringer..........I will bring some milder 240 poly coated cast SWCs too. I have some loaded with 10.0 Unique and may load up some more or maybe swap to Tite-Group for middle of the road loads. 

zorba said:
    I'm fixin' on bringing my NAA as well. It'd be interesting to see who can hit what with it and at what range.
    I got the .22 LR cylinder for it too. Those folder grips made it more shootable, but a PITA to get into action and then the holes in my jeans................so its back to the tiny wooden ones because realistically it is not a target gun by any stretch of the imagination and I can get a few shots off up close and hit if it ever comes to that. 
    Hey, BC, regarding grips for the NAA revolvers. Check this out.
    https://northamericanarms.com/shop/accessories/gbg-m/

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,727 Senior Member
    Looks like a battle of the minies at the shoot.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,288 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    Looks like a battle of the minies at the shoot.
    I have a micro BP cannon - shoots .17" cannonballs, AKA BBs!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    I'll just stuff all 5 of my mini .22 pistols in a bag and bring them. Should be fun! :)

tennmike said:
    I'll just stuff all 5 of my mini .22 pistols in a bag and bring them. Should be fun! :)
    How many Minis make a Maxi?

Sounds like fun.

I like they swing out cylinder versions they came out with, but not the $$$

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,084 Senior Member

I there any way to fix the billboard-sized picture problem that's been happening since the forum "upgrade"?  It seems like nobody with the ability to fix it gives a dam!

Jerry

Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    Sidewinders with the swing-out (to the right) ain't too bad with MSRP of $389 for a 2 1/2" bbl in .22 Mag and you can get 4" and .22 LR cylinders.
    https://northamericanarms.com/shop/firearms/naa-sw-250/

The Ranger II  1 5/8" with a top-break cylinder in .22 Mag is $479 MSRP

https://northamericanarms.com/shop/firearms/naa-22m-btii/

Ranger Top-Break

That Ranger II would be nice with a 4 1/2 or 5 1/2 inch barrel.

Gotta watch that latch like he pointed out.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,024 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    You are hard in jeans.  Have you considered Toughskins?  😎😎😎

http://www.retroland.com/toughskin-jeans/

Only in Jeans?
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.