The Good Bad & the Ugly Shops

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,261 Senior Member
    I have a few more, but lack an appropriate wall for stacking.

I was thinking maybe that foreigner had Illinois plates.

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,979 Senior Member
    From the looks of the surroundings my guess was they were hungry & stopped for BBQ take out. Maybe they were from the south.
    Going to grab that motor at shop 2 today & see if it will work on my compressor.
    Then get some grass cutting in out there. Some weed whacking , weed spraying , dig a hole in that semi trailer cave in ......crap I need a nap just thinking about all this !

Dug out the motor & it works on 110 but can be 220 so just have to figure out how to wire it . It is a moose of a thing at 2 hp. Would have had it running by now but the pulley would not move to line it up with the other one ....so I busted it off. Bought a new one at farm & fleet so next trip I should have my compressor back. I did manage to cut 100 yards of the shooting lane. 200 is still wild .To wet back there to cut. I am now the proud owner of a narrow path down the center of my semi trailer . Not a bad day for the day shift......now to see what the night shift can screw up !
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,616 Senior Member
    It's fixin' to rain again here. The thunder is getting to be continuous. This mess is coming out of the South, so the sun is shining and the rain clouds are moving in pretty fast. I bet the folk camping out on the islands on Watts Bar Lake are P.O.ed. It's rained every day since Friday afternoon. So they are getting to deal with the 'fearsome foursome', rain with thunder and lightning, ticks, CHIGGERS, and sunburn! :D :D :D :D :D
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

Shift started at 3am & moving a tad slow.
    I am happy my camping days are over. Friends always wanted me to camp with the bunch on the river. I always went home to the AC a shower & food with no sand in it. The next morning I would go back to the island & see all the river rats crawling out of tents. Not for me !
    Did you get any of that grass cut Mike ?
    I managed to get about 75% of mine done but now need to trim trees . With it 90 out dragging brush around doesn't sound fun. While cutting grass I managed to stop & pick berries. Black caps are small so I just picked & eat ! lol  I would like to get that compressor done but shop 1 need work too so will probably just stay here & work at it.

Nope. No grass cutting. The yard stayed wet from frequent thundershowers, and by the time it cooled off enough to do the barn lot the thunder and lightning rolled in with more showers. I'll mow when it's raining, but not when there's a light show with heavy drum music accompaniment.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

My front of the house is looking like wild kingdom yet I stayed inside today doing my reloading room sorting. ( still at it ) It is looking like a room I can work in again without falling over stuff. How are you coming on the house project Mike ? Winter will be on us sooner than we will get projects done. At least that's what happens to me.
    The work on the house up the hill can wait. Got to get the shop cleaned out to put tools into it first, anyway. Lots of the work needs to be done on the house is sweaty grunt work, and that goes better when it's cool in the fall, or winter. And I'm NOT crawling under the thing to do ductwork replacement in the summer. The chances of running on a venomous no legs critter is way too high this time of year. There's copperheads on the ridge, and I don't want to disturb one under there!

That sounds like a good plan Mike ......let well enough alone. The older I get all work seems like grunt work. The easy stuff seldom need doing. I waited for night to go to my attic to see if I can find a couple tubs for things that won't fit in one. I have a lot of targets & supply s that have out grown the tub . To bad I tossed my target stands & now have to make new ones. I still can't be leave I did that one.
    Today is payback time for people that were doing fireworks at midnight & had dogs all over barking. Around 8am I am cutting my grass & doing weed whacking. Mix in some power tools running in the driveway. Just a way to say thank you for the wonderful night. We have ugly heat coming in today so it really needs to be done early.
    The heat is really building fast here .....it may be a short day doing yard work.
    Old Ron said:
    Today is payback time for people that were doing fireworks at midnight & had dogs all over barking. Around 8am I am cutting my grass & doing weed whacking. Mix in some power tools running in the driveway. Just a way to say thank you for the wonderful night. We have ugly heat coming in today so it really needs to be done early.
    A game caller with a cyoyte howler module plugged in is good revenge...................at 3:00 a.m. for those folks. Gets all the dogs for a good distance around wound up.
    A 55 gallon steel drum with the bottom cut out, and a piece of straight black iron pipe attached to a push mower where the muffler screws in is good noisemaker. Just stick the pipe into the barrel where the big fill hole is and light off the mower, and if the mower has that safety lever that stops the mower, bungee cord that thing to keep the mower running. Open end of barrel aimed towards the offending neighbors. It's LOUD!

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,285 Senior Member
    There's always the "3 AM Zill brigade". Play finger cymbals loudly outside the offender's window at 3 AM! Not exactly pleasant.

-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    Now that's a plan .....an old guy in someones yard by the window clanging finger cymbals. That would get the mutant dog set on me until the cops showed up & I could splane why I didn't need to be sent to the nut house.
    Great plan !   lol

Fire work is two four letter words here this year. People are seriously afraid of fire. At least the smart ones are.

I've done the morning weed wacker a time or two in the past though. It seemed more civil than hot shots to the attic.😈
    This am the heat really built up fast here & the weed wacker was not being nice to me. So inside I came & waited until tonight ......yep it rained. The front yard still looks really bad but will wait for me to trim it up.
    The reloading /repair room is coming along nicely so there is that. About 3 small piles of stuff to sort then it will be a lot nicer place to work in. Had a nice lunch with my brother & dad so all in all it was a good day here at the end of the world. Fire trucks were her in the neighborhood because some dummy didn't know when to get out of the heat.

Cleaning & sorting is nice but projects are a lot more fun. Gun projects are at the top of the fun list.
    I need to knock that lawnmower wagon out so it can go back to shop 2 & out of my way here. I want to put a ball hitch on it rather than the pin set up it has. Then some paint & stain & it will be ready to go to work. I could have done this all at shop 2 but there is no AC there. With this heat I stay in the AC every chance I get. As Mike says I am a light weight ! lol

It was in the mid 90s here today with lots of humidity so I stayed inside and did something constructive while the fan kept me cool. Something constructive being taking brown wrapping paper (packing material from deliveries from the Big Brown Truck of Happiness) and cutting them into 5 inch wide strips, applying glue to one side, and rolling them on 2 inch diameter wooden dowels. I'm making firecrackers! :D

2inch ?  Why so small ? lol  Is that cannon fuse you use ? If so where can I buy that ?  I don't want a fast fuse because I need time to get out of the way before it fires. My cannon is only 1 inch I can't remember the size of the fuse hole.
    Reloading room is about 80% done & there are two chairs in there that you can actually sit on without moving anything !  ( happy feet here at the end of the world !!!  )
    The fish & game warden said hey you can't do that. I lit the fuse and tossed it in his lap and said hey, you gonna talk or fish?????😆
    Old Ron said:
    2inch ?  Why so small ? lol  Is that cannon fuse you use ? If so where can I buy that ?  I don't want a fast fuse because I need time to get out of the way before it fires. My cannon is only 1 inch I can't remember the size of the fuse hole.
    Cannon fuse is easy to acquire. Just google 'cannon fuse' and you'll find all you could ever want. The good places sell it in different burn rates.

Here's a place than can 'scratch your itch' for cannon fuse!

https://www.cannonfuse.com/store/pc/Cannon-Fuse-c2.htm

Monday I will get my order in Mike .......Thanks !!!!!
    ( check that off my to find list )
    Good news .....The little wagon for shop 2 is coming along nicely A new ball hitch is way better than a pin hitch. The steel is painted black & all I need is to do the wood next.  Bad news ....the weed eater put up a fight all day & very few weeds were cut.
    Tomorrow may be an interesting day.  A auction I am going to has 15 semi trailers of stuff to be sold. All new things. I really don't think I need 500 cases of paper towels ! Now the gun stocks are worth looking at. May be a good day ...who knows.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,285 Senior Member
    Old Ron said:
    Now that's a plan .....an old guy in someones yard by the window clanging finger cymbals. That would get the mutant dog set on me until the cops showed up & I could splane why I didn't need to be sent to the nut house.
    Great plan !   lol

Just tell 'em that a male Belly Dancer told you to do it! That'll get you released immediately - not!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    edited July 6 #480
    And if I had a skirt on ..........Yep off I would go. I have way to many projects going on to be wasting time in the clink getting evaluated . lol     ( and might not get out !!!   ) Police reported he seemed ok but we tazed him a few times to be sure.  After searching his home police notified the Hoarders program to do an intervention if or when he gets out. Film at 11.

Threw on a coat of clear ......soaked right in & looks like I didn't put anything on it. So I will probably need 10 more before it is sealed up. At the end it will be a handy small cart to pull around at shop 2.
    The weed eater is going to & already has been a pain. Probably just pull the carb. & do a rebuild on it. Add a new plug & away I go. Sad thing is I have a couple new in the box ones stored. They are bigger ,heavier & straight shaft . The smaller cheap ones are easier to use.