Home Main Category Clubhouse

The Good Bad & the Ugly Shops

Replies

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 4,292 Senior Member
    Joined a knife forum & they have been a lot of help & nice guys there too .
    The knife was made around 1915 to 1919 by Case . There is a tag on it now ..... in case I forget again !
    Was digging today & finally boxed up my grape hanging light that I want to put up in shop 3 ...... when I get it built inside .
    Zorba will probably know a bit about the light .
    I am cleaning up so I can get back to work on the guns that I didn't finish last winter . With shipping & things so bad it could get tough finding parts needed .

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,096 Senior Member
    I can't say as I've seen a lite like that before, but its cool! I like it!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    My plan is to decorate shop 3 with a lot of old treasures I have & thought that would fit in nice .
    Am starting back on some gun work here as soon as I get the shop cleaned up better . This summer it looked like a thrift store blew up in my shops !

Happy New Year All !

• RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,427 Senior Member
    Happy New Year to you too!!
    Back to working on a couple projects .
    The slide on this 45 needs some tlc .
    And am back to the 22 - 250 . Not happy with the stock finish so will work on that & need to shorten a couple bolts for it too . Then back together & figure out a scope for it .
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,129 Senior Member
    Nice stuff Ron!

There's a guy on youtube. Mark Novak/Anvil. He's a gunsmith. Has some very good videos on gun finish refurbishment. 

Stay warm!
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,080 Senior Member
    Sweet knife!! .45's ok too :D
    I have watch a lot of videos that Mark has out to pick up tips on gun work . He has a lot of really good information & it has helped me a lot . Seeing how things can be done is way better than reading about them .
    lol Sako
    You would like some of the blades I have tucked away in tubs . I have thought about collecting again ...... but I am so out of knives that it would take a lot to catch back up . Besides right now I have loads of guns to do . I may change my mind when I start looking for parts again . :p
    Old Ron said:
    I have watch a lot of videos that Mark has out to pick up tips on gun work . He has a lot of really good information & it has helped me a lot . Seeing how things can be done is way better than reading about them .
    lol Sako
    You would like some of the blades I have tucked away in tubs . I have thought about collecting again ...... but I am so out of knives that it would take a lot to catch back up . Besides right now I have loads of guns to do . I may change my mind when I start looking for parts again . :p
    Well if your bored with them you can ship me the tubs :#
    sakodude said:
    Old Ron said:
    lol Sako
    Well if your bored with them you can ship me the tubs :#
    Heck, I’ll take 1, too!!
    Thanks for the kind offers guys .
    If space gets to be that big of a problem ....... I will keep you both in mind :p
    A gun auction is coming up here in around a week . Around 140 long guns & knives & ammo . Might be worth a look . I haven't bought much in a while so may need to break out a couple bucks . I don't think the panic buyers will be interested in the old ones much . There is a M1 I will be looking hard at . If I take the car .... then I can't buy to much .
    With shop 1 getting in better shape it will be nice to get back to projects & sorting things . Spring will have me at the west shops working all summer on . Once the inside of shop 3 & 4 are done the decorating will be a lot of fun doing . Tools & treasures all over the place makes a fun place to work .
    Treasure hunting at home!
    So true early !
    Never leave the house & still can find long lost treasures ! :p
    Keeping many different collections over a lot of years can produce some neat finds . Funny that your mind recalls things when you see them again .
    If you live long enough things start out new ..... then used ..... then old ..... then junk ...... then antiques .
    This weekend is a double header .
    Gun show yesterday & a auction of 140 guns today .
    Picked up a redhawk 44 yesterday & a few other things as a package deal .
    The 25 ammo I had never seen before . Anyone know the date on those ? They are rim fire with copper cases.

Wow! It looks old.
    Maybe 25 Stevens short. Originally a BP round. Loaded later with smokeless. Discontinued in 1942..
    edited January 24 #2480
    Apparently there were three .25 rimfire cartridges. 

.25 Short - .780 cartridge length
    .25 Stevens Short - .877
    .25 Stevens - 1.395

The .25 Short was introduced around 1860 and produced until 1920.

The 2 Stevens’ were introduced around 1900. The .25 Stevens were produced until 1942.

There were a LOT of different rimfire calibers ranging from .22 up through the .56-56 Spencer. I have a .44 Henry in my collection. 

This info is from a 3rd Edition Cartridges of the World that I have. 

Wish I had one of those for my cartridge collection. 
    nice score. There was a 25 stevens rimfire at a local shop here a couple months ago. Looked hard for ammo since it was a beautiful little rifle but none to be found.
    That Redhawk could use some XTP's and H110.. It'd throw heat till your hands give out and not even be broke in.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,313 Senior Member
    My wife inherited a .25RF rifle that our resident ammo scrounger found some cartridges for.  Brought it to the SE Shoot and fired it a few times.  Fun little gun to shoot,but ammo is difficult to find.  Yours looks like it is in good shape 
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Thanks guys !
    Winter has slowed things down a bit for me so I have had time to mess around & wheel & deal on a few things .
    Went to an auction yesterday & it was a lot of guns but 25% of them was in bad shape & still brought stupid prices . So I went back to the gun show & sure enough a GSG 522 followed me home . It looks like a fun can plinker .
    I will post a pic as soon as I get my Stevens 22 - 410 off my bench .
    Took that out to clean & noticed the rear sight blade was missing ... will dig around & see if I have another . Always something comes up when you think you are just doing a simple thing .
    Snowing here so it's a good day for shop work .
    Picked up a GSG - 522 Sunday . It looks like it will be a fun shooter .
    It was nice to do some gun buying instead of shop work for a change .

Went to an auction today & picked up a few things .
    It was nice to get out of the shop for a day even at - 9

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,096 Senior Member
    Old Ron said:

I'm REALLY finding it difficult to like you right now... ;)
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    zorba said:
    Old Ron said:

I'm REALLY finding it difficult to like you right now... ;)

I thought you might like that Zorba .
    It is a 1917 German Lugar with cleaning kit holster & 3 mags .
    I think the barrel is 7"
    No clip on stock for it ...... yet .
    Anyone know what this is used for ?