Home Main Category Clubhouse

The Good Bad & the Ugly Shops

1787980818284»

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,129 Senior Member
    Nice pistols!

Looks  that strap might be for keeping the belt from sagging when that long tube Luger is holstered on? Probly has a name, but I don't know it.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,097 Senior Member
    Old Ron said:
    zorba said:
    Old Ron said:
    Went to an auction today & picked up a few things .
    It was nice to get out of the shop for a day even at - 9

I'm REALLY finding it difficult to like you right now... ;)

I thought you might like that Zorba .
    It is a 1917 German Luger with cleaning kit holster & 3 mags .
    I think the barrel is 7"
    No clip on stock for it ...... yet .

I still hate you. ;)
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 4,292 Senior Member
    Nice pistols!

Looks  that strap might be for keeping the belt from sagging when that long tube Luger is holstered on? Probly has a name, but I don't know it.

I think you hit it Early !

I was looking online. I couldnt find an example like that. It looks like it fits though.
    As long as it fits it will be  there for now .
    Never planned to wear it anyway .
    At least this summer I will be able to go shoot every so often & relax a bit .
    Thinning out the inventory a bit too .
    Good time to drop some with prices this crazy ...... can always buy more later if needed .
    Never thought I would see the day ammo. would be this nuts . Good thing I have enough to last through it all & not join in the chase .
    Finished up the 45 project this a.m.
    It didn't turn out bad for a beginner .

• sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,080 Senior Member
    Looks pretty good Ron. Good thing you has something to occupy your time buried in snow out there.
    My time's occupied here too. As long as the shovel don't break. :/

Nice pistol Ron!
    You could hang out a shingle. At least until customers projects got lost among the empire....
    Thanks guys ..... it is fun stuff to mess with .
    The snow here is finally starting to melt but can change quick this time of year .
    The treasures are looking a lot better now than they did last summer here at shop 1 .   :p
    I take way to long to do projects to ever try to make money at it early . Not to mention I wouldn't respond well to people pushing at me to get things done .
    A few more months stuck inside & then I'll be off to the west shops to get work done there . Flip flops will be all over that place !
    I invited a few guys to stop by this summer & do some shooting & trading at shop 4 . Hope I can get that ready for them . I have a lot to do yet out there but it would be nice to take some time to play a bit too .
    The snow was all gone ...... boom 6" new stuff .
    Spent yesterday getting tax things to my accountant but did get a pistol out to tear down & clean . It was a nice way to get my mind off taxes ....... this year will be tough to deal with .
    Last year I managed to sell off 80 long guns & only bought around 30 . So the inventory is getting better .
    When these P9R 9mm were new I bought 5 of them because the price was right . I thought I sold 4 & just kept the new one ...... nope had a second one tucked away . I looked up the asking prices of these & about fell out of my chair . Crazy stuff .

Nice!
    I got my Fed refund yesterday. Had to use electromagnification to see the amount......... :/

At least you got some back early ....... what I had to pay in was obscene .
    Buy bonds all your life ....... sit on them until they bring no interest ...... cash them out ....... then they take back almost all you made . Yep great system there . With the cost of everything going up every day ...... that money won't last long .

Single digit to zero interest rates, direct government stimulus payments to citizens. Sure seems like an unstable economy to me. 
    It is a tough one early .
    Not much a guy can do about it . I look for deals all the time & try to save where I can . Would hate to be 25 & dealing with this crap .
    Am already spending time at shop 4 cleaning & getting lumber up that I bought last year. Will keep at it until I run out . Then wait until the prices go back down ...... if they ever do .
    Still have a summers work to do out there without spending much money . The down trees have been across my shooting lane 2 years now so probably should clean them up a bit too .
    My 4 post hoist should be in next month so will need to run north to get that & save the $700 shipping cost . It will be around 12 hours on the road but worth it to save that much . Will see how the beast handles a 22' trailer & the lift on it .
    Was cleaning out a closet in the rescue room & found a folding stock . No idea what went on it but finally figured out a Remingtion 700 action did . Then hunted the barrel pile & found a 7mm & a 22 -250 that would fit it . I think I will go with the 7mm because I already have 2 22-250s . May look for a long wood stock for it too . It will go in the projects to do line for another time .

Wow! I havnt' ever seen a bolt action folder. If its 7mm-08 that would be slicker than grease on glass.

McDonald's coffee and a box a crackers should make them twelve hours go by....