Home Main Category General Firearms

Ever seen a Driveby/Hog Ambush.....223 adequate for Oinkers???

shooter10mmshooter10mm MemberPosts: 215 Member
edited April 2018 in General Firearms #1
Now warning this may not seem to be the "Most Sporting" of videos to you folks that think every animal deserves a chance....Well they get plenty of chances around here!  I think they can have up to 3 litters per year and 5 to 10 shoats per litter!!  Okay so my cousin(ex wifes cousin my friend I guess lol) and a few friends have a group they call S5 it's hard to youtube because of all the Samsung debris you find, you just have to attach the word hog to it.....
We hunt out of a 6x6 polaris (Deathstar) he built with a ton of suspension travel, an engine that cost him $10k, lengthened about 8 inches between the back two axles to accommodate more tire, a high rack for us "Passengers" to shoot from, and the passenger upright support removed and the seat canted 45 degrees to accommodate the passenger with a Benelli M1 with a 12 shot magazine extension on it running buck shot! 
This thing will run over 60mph and we can run cross row in a field and remain on target fairly well, no matter how smooth the GoPro's show it rides, it isn't that great but man it's awesome compared to stock rigs! 
Soooo the pigs are spotted with Thermals and let get as far into a field as possible so they can be run down on the UTV and as soon as they come into the 50K Lumens of light off the DeathStar the shooting starts!!

All rifle suppressed fire is .223 ammo, mainly 62gr to 77gr Sierra HPBT out of the high rack.....Enjoy it's kinda entertaining if you understand how much of a pest these things are here in South Georgia! 
Warning...Sometimes they just don't run fast enough to get out of the way!! 

https://youtu.be/PCZuAFHIM-A

https://youtu.be/KUDfqvSkfG0

https://youtu.be/PCZuAFHIM-A

"You miss 100% of the shots you do not take!"
"As long as there's Lead in the air there's hope!
" -- Ralph Adkinson(Daddy) The original Marlboro Man

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,000 Senior Member
    I like the hello flybys 
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    edited April 2018 #3
    Makes you think.
    If it was not pigs, I wonder what it would be?

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    shush said:
    Yankees ?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,490 Senior Member
    Feral Hogs are a plague.  Who cares if it is sporting?
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 4,307 Senior Member
    Do you dress them out & get meat for the amo. ?
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,374 Senior Member
    Looks like fun
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,792 Senior Member
    Who needs to send 50 legions of Sardaukar?   :D
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,656 Senior Member
    That's some serious hog huntin'. Looks like you passed some up? Or is there somebody shooting off the sides as well?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,833 Senior Member
    I can't watch videos, but I get the general idea.

I consider wild hogs a nuisance animal trying to decimate my food supply. Give them no quarter.🐷
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Old Ron said:
    I do, but I don't kill but one at a time.
    zorba said:
    That's some serious hog huntin'. Looks like you passed some up? Or is there somebody shooting off the sides as well?

Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,270 Senior Member
    No complaint from me re the method used. Culling pests leaves no room for the 'niceties' or ethics.

Would love to see a pic of the rig sometime.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,865 Senior Member
    edited April 2018 #13
    Big Chief said:
    shush said:
    Yankees ?
    No, democraps! But seriously, not bad shooting from an ATV on rough terrain. I don't feel sorry for the pigs. They're like vermin, and they can destroy an entire crop in one night, or so I have read.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • shooter10mmshooter10mm Member Posts: 215 Member
    Old Ron said:
    No, it's usually we hours of the morning when they get done, and you have to get a pig taken care of QUICKLY in order for the meat to be good/safe.  These usually get buried by a TracHoe the next morning after they're piled up!
    zorba said:
    Yes there's at least 3 shooters with two in the HighSeat behind the Driver and passenger.  Some get missed due to proximity of the vehicle to the pigs during mag changes and excitement and such of the massacre lol
    orchidman said:
    No complaint from me re the method used. Culling pests leaves no room for the 'niceties' or ethics.

Would love to see a pic of the rig sometime.
    Look at this video it shows the rig behind a F150 and then by itself...I didn't realize I posted two of the same...

https://youtu.be/LBLvU9qsE3M
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,539 Senior Member
    Sign me up. Anybody fall off a UTV yet? What works better, AR or 12 ga.?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Sign me up. Anybody fall off a UTV yet? What works better, AR or 12 ga.?
    NO ones fallen off yet to my knowledge!!  If it happened I'm certain the story would never leave the field!!!  I think the Gauge works the best if they're within range but I shoot a shotgun better than most people!
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,539 Senior Member
    Yeah, I think a shotgun would be the way to go. 
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,542 Senior Member
    Bring on the Zombie Apocalypse!

That's a redneck technical. ;)
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain