Springfield Armory Cuts Business Ties With Dick’s

NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior MemberPosts: 4,245 Senior Member
http://concealednation.org/2018/05/springfield-armory-completely-cuts-off-dicks/

GENESEO, IL, (05/03/18) – Springfield Armory is severing ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, in response to their hiring a group for anti-Second Amendment lobbying.

“The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
- George Orwell

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 13,960 Senior Member
    I love it.....the more of this the better....every gun company should follow suit....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,938 Senior Member
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,110 Senior Member
    cpj said:

Interesting. First time I'd seen that.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,444 Senior Member
    cpj said:
     Kind of like Henry Ford lobbying to restrict funding for road improvements?
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,640 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    But, but Dicks! 
    Overkill is underrated.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,314 Senior Member
    So you swear off Colt, Ruger, S&W, and about every manufacture? (Colt refused to sell AR's, Ruger stood for a reg cap ban, S&W refused to sell to anyone but govt, ect ect ect)
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,197 Senior Member
    edited May 4 #8
    cpj said:

Interesting. First time I'd seen that.
    It was posted hear when it happened.  The gun who runs SA is a D'bag.  He tried to sell guns illegally in S America then testified to save his ass.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,938 Senior Member
    edited May 4 #9
    So you swear off Colt, Ruger, S&W, and about every manufacture? (Colt refused to sell AR's, Ruger stood for a reg cap ban, S&W refused to sell to anyone but govt, ect ect ect)
    Love the **** quote feature. 
    Anyway. 
    Ruger is the only one that I'll buy. They supported a ban. The dumbass that did is now dead. I'm sure he's rolling in his grave at the sight of scary AR15 and big scary magazines. But They didn't make deals with the devil like Prancing Pony And Smith.  Politics aside, I'm not buying a revolver with a ignition key, not an overrated AR15 with non standard pins. Maybe they have changed that, don't know, don't care.  
    And SA supporting a law that limits gun owners purchasing PRODUCTS THEY MAKE? Not only are they a bunch of pus sies for giving in, they ain't too bright. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 990 Senior Member
    I get what @cpj is saying, but it appears that SA is trying to rectify past wrongs.  
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,655 Senior Member
    This.  Bill Ruger was one of the loudest voices asking for mag capacity limits.  Every gun company I know of has tripped on their owns Dick’s (funny how that worked out) at some point in their history...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,802 Senior Member
    Give them some credit, get the ball rolling in the other direction
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,547 Senior Member
    This.  Bill Ruger was one of the loudest voices asking for mag capacity limits.  Every gun company I know of has tripped on their owns Dick’s (funny how that worked out) at some point in their history...
    What "gets" me: "Gun People" get pissed at some company. Be it a manufacturer or retailer. Be it for perceived anti-2A activities or just bad business practices. Word spreads. Company in question gets blackballed, etc, etc.

THEN

Said company stops and/or recants the undesirable activity. "Gun people" never "go back". Isn't the point of a boycott to teach/inform the company that their activities are undesirable? But when they have (apparently) learned, ceased and desisted, they're still blackballed.

Makes no sense to me.

Case in point: Cheaper Than Dirt! - They were selling .22 ammo for outrageous prices during the shortage. Fine. Don't buy any from them. Boycott them if you want. But when their prices normalize, if its a fair enough price, why not buy? That reinforces "good" behavior.

-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,972 Senior Member
    zorba said:

Case in point: Cheaper Than Dirt! - They were selling .22 ammo for outrageous prices during the shortage. Fine. Don't buy any from them. Boycott them if you want. But when their prices normalize, if its a fair enough price, why not buy? That reinforces "good" behavior.

They USED to be a good place to order from with good prices. Then they got greedy with ammo, accessories, and especially shipping charges. I can shop around and find cheaper prices on most anything they sell unless they have a REALLY GOOD sale and that isn't often. Last two orders I had with them were several months apart and I wasn't ordering from any other companies that sold guns, ammo, accessories at the time. They had some decently priced stuff that was very competitive. Before the FIRST order arrived my credit card had been hacked and USED in the Ft. Worth area. The second order was a few months later; same deal. Credit card info was hacked and used in the Ft. Worth area before the order arrived. Once is an unfortunate incident; twice is a pattern. I don't order from them any more. Once burned is twice shy; twice burned is BYE, BYE!
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,547 Senior Member
    Yea, if my card was compromised twice like that, I wouldn't either. They *do* have the occasional sale that's pretty good. Once is an accident, twice is coincidence, thrice is enemy action - so why wait for the third?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,314 Senior Member
    Gun owners are pretty myopic when it comes to who is doing what to them. S&W went whole hog no questions asked anti customer and during it, people were still buying their stuff. RRA may or may not have did bad things to the gun buying public, depending on which article you read they did dumb, or got caught in something they didnt want to. But folks are badmouthing them like they are the antichrist.
    Gun people make excuses to buy what they want to where they want to when they want to, and will tell others when to stand on principle.

It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,089 Senior Member
    edited May 9 #17
    All companies are capable of STUPID.....!
    If we boycott every company that says something Anti, we'll soon be making everything we shoot! And at that, we'll still be using much of what they make or made.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,640 Senior Member
    Gun owners are pretty myopic when it comes to who is doing what to them. S&W went whole hog no questions asked anti customer and during it, people were still buying their stuff. RRA may or may not have did bad things to the gun buying public, depending on which article you read they did dumb, or got caught in something they didnt want to. But folks are badmouthing them like they are the antichrist.
    Gun people make excuses to buy what they want to where they want to when they want to, and will tell others when to stand on principle.

Not just gun people.  People. 
    Overkill is underrated.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,089 Senior Member

Not just gun people.  People. 
    Exactly.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.