Dick’s Sporting Goods Solidifies Anti-Gun Reputation

NomadacNomadac Senior MemberPosts: 881 Senior Member
Dick’s Sporting Goods Solidifies Anti-Gun Reputation
https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/05/03/dicks-sporting-goods-solidifies-anti-gun-reputation/?utm_source=thdailypm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl_pm&newsletterad=

Dick’s Sporting Goods, which announced in February it would no longer sell rifles to anyone under the age of 21, hired three Beltway lobbyists to lobby Congress for gun control, according to federal records reviewed by The Federalist.

The lobbying records show Dick’s hired two Democrats and one Republican from Glover Park Group, a DC-based government affairs firm, for “[l]obbying related to gun control.”

Sounds like a good reason to not buy anything from them in the future. If they are so interested in Gun Control they don't deserve any of my business period.

Replies

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,655 Senior Member
    I’m going to go nuts when they have their ammo going-out-off-business clearance sale 😎
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,547 Senior Member
    What I fail to understand is *why* they're doing this as a business. Ok, fine - they don't want to sell guns. But how does hiring anti-gun lobbyists do the square root of eff all for their business?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,534 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    What I fail to understand is *why* they're doing this as a business. Ok, fine - they don't want to sell guns. But how does hiring anti-gun lobbyists do the square root of eff all for their business?
    Because if they don't sell it, they don't want anyone too.

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,245 Senior Member
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,534 Senior Member
    Pretty much NCF
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,655 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR said:
    Shamelessly stolen for my FB page 🤣
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton