Is they on drugs........$500 over priced, at least

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 31,688 Senior Member
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 2,308 Senior Member
    I don't see a grand in that box. Some of the prices went way into stupid ranges. For stupid money I would sell all mine. ( except 1 or 2 ) I need something to shoot !
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,209 Senior Member
    You're living in the past Chief. There were three of those on GunBroker and one had a "buy now" price of 1200.00 and the other had an opening bid of 1255.00 so that was potentially the lowest priced one available and not out of line. The times, they are a changing. I've been looking for a pre-safety Winchester mod 94 in 30-30 and in my mind they should be about 300.00 but most of the ones I've found have been in the 700.00 range. I bought my first 30-30 for 65.00 but I guess that was a while ago.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,000 Senior Member
    Glad to see it, I have a SS Mountain gun in .41 magnum. I didn't know it appreciated that much.
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,000 Senior Member
    Glad to see it, I have a SS Mountain gun in .41 magnum. I didn't know it appreciated that much.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,688 Senior Member
    Crazy, a 5 shot .44 Spl that much $$.

Glad I got some "Vintage" S&Ws to shoot.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,640 Senior Member
    edited May 10 #7
    No dash model, which means it's sans safety lock and with the firing pin on the hammer, only a 5-year production run on that model, more desirable barrel length....
    Overkill is underrated.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,655 Senior Member
    He’ll get his $1k as long as he wiling to wait.  The right buyer will pay it.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    If I were gonna buy a 5 shot .44 Spl, I'd look hard at the Ruger.

I think I got $750-800 total in both my 624s..............6 1/2" bought NIB in 87 and the 4" about 10 years ago used from original owner. 
    I know now ain't then, but dang seems steep to me. More than I would pay.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,209 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    If I were gonna buy a 5 shot .44 Spl, I'd look hard at the Ruger.

I've had my Charter Arms Bulldog for a few years now and I believe that I paid around 325.00 for it and am still very happy with it.

snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    I have always liked the CA Bulldogs too. I got an older Off Duty .38 Spl
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 9,553 Senior Member
    No dash model, which means it's sans safety lock and with the firing pin on the frame, only a 5-year production run on that model, more desirable barrel length....
    Looks like the firing pin is on the hammer.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,640 Senior Member
    My bad. 
    Overkill is underrated.
    Dang it, the firing pin belongs on the cotton pickin hammer nose on a S&W centerfire revolver. It ain't natural I tell ya to see them frame mounted.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,558 Senior Member
    Read the description - it's a consignment gun. Actual owner probably got hosed for full retail when he bought it.