In transit... the move to Oregon

2»

Replies

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,688 Senior Member
    Godspeed on the final push brother!
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,475 Senior Member
    You asked for it, you got it.
    Toyota!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,880 Senior Member
    Glad your truck has handled it well.
    Be careful fir that final leg of your trip
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,666 Senior Member
    Pendleton Oregon is a great little town.
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,581 Senior Member
    My wife and I considered moving to Pendleton, but no employment opportunities (like much of the rest of Oregon) coupled with reputed horrid winters kept us from it. But its a beautiful place and a neat town!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • hawk18hawk18 Senior Member Posts: 698 Senior Member
    Welcome to Oregon. I was only 26 years ahead of you. 

Too late now, but, you should have had breakfast at the Grass Growers and Ranchers Coop. Best described as a hearty breakfast surrounded by a unique experience. You will not see anything like it in Portland. 

I hope it's a good move for you. PM me if there's anything I can do for you. 

Hawk
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,025 Senior Member
    Toyota!
    I remember that slogan
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
    Toyota!
    I remember that slogan
    Both mine have been reliable over a long period of time.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,666 Senior Member
    edited May 18 #40
    So, almost no issues.  Woke up yesterday and did my once around and found one of the tires down from 50 psi to 20 psi.  Reached in and looked at the tire and found the inside edge worn down to the cords! ACK!  

Fortunately, I was able to add air, and Pendleton has a Wal Mart with an Auto department.  I ran over and found no wait, and the had two Goodyear Marathons in my size.  90 minutes later on the road.

The previous owner had replaced that axle, and both tires had abnormal wear.  I can only assume it needs allignment of some sort.  The opposite tire rim was was not true on the balancer, so I exchanged it with the spare rim.  It is possible the trailer weight was excessive, but the front axle tires were fine.

I arrived in Portland 2 PM yesterday, and took possession of the rental.  Today the UHaul loaders came and emptied my trailer, no damge!  Now to unpack.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
    Probly hard to see that inside edge for a tall guy.
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,041 Senior Member
    On my second trip with my car trailer Loaded with two 700+ pound gun safes and a lot of "stuff" for sure over weight, I chewed up 3 out of 4 tires. They were the tires that came with the trailer, not the best, and had to have them replaced in Wells Nevada. That cost a bundle.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,212 Senior Member
    The trailer being overloaded will cause the axle to flex and change the angle of the tire. I have the opposite problem with a boat trailer that's made for a boat that weights about three times as much as my flats skiff and the outside edges get all the wear.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • ilove22silove22s Senior Member Posts: 1,053 Senior Member
    The trailer being overloaded will cause the axle to flex and change the angle of the tire. I have the opposite problem with a boat trailer that's made for a boat that weights about three times as much as my flats skiff and the outside edges get all the wear.
    +1
    The ears never lie.

- Don Burt
2»