Coward of Broward collecting $100k pension at 55

2»

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,803 Senior Member
    edited May 2018 #32
    snake284 said:
    Big Chief said:
    An E-8 Master Sgt in the military with 30 years if he/she gets 75% at retirement of their base pay gets  $54,360 today.

A bird colonel 0-6 would get around $104,000.

That is a generous retirement for that cop.

Yeah but chief, that's just money down you're talking about, kinda like a retirement bonus isn't it Don't they still get a pension on top of it? I'm talking about the Bird Col. and the E-8.

Maybe they're giving the Coward $100,000 one time payment which isn't a great amount for seeing that he's 55 years old and has a lot of years left to work. I mean if that's all he gets he will probably need to find another job.
    Nope collecting $8,700 a month for the rest of his life
    Who? That Cop? That's ridiculous. Nobody worth that much a month. That's more pay per month than most of us get while we're working. Now I can see a full Bird Col. getting that for retirement, but not a deputy sheriff! Hell not even a real sheriff.

And if he's getting that kind of money after he let a bunch of kids die, somebody needs to take it away from him.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,056 Senior Member
    edited May 2018 #33

Florida Retirement System,  which Broward County uses, is 3% times number of years in service as your percentage, and using the average annual salary for your 5 highest years. That's for LE, firefighters, and other hazardous jobs. For others, it's 1.6% per year.

I don't know if Broward cuts the max rate off at a certain number of years.
    I was going by the system I retired under in NY. I know Florida is not exactly the same, but I figured it might be similar with regard to retirement income. I guess I should have looked it up. Going by your stated percentages I can see why that guy retired with such a large monthly income.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,051 Senior Member
    No worries. I was just posting for clarification 
    Overkill is underrated.
2»