Home Main Category General Firearms

Range day

Gene LGene L Senior MemberPosts: 12,576 Senior Member
Shot my Henry .22 pump and Winchester 250 today.  The Henry is much more accurate, I think, at 25 yards pretty much one hole. Sights on the 250 are hurting; it shot low.  I didn't bench it, kinda offhand.  The Henry was shot off a range bag.  I bought the 250 in 1964 with a 3/4" scope, but for now, both have open sights.  My Henry prefers CCI Mini mags.  I was able to hit a rock about the size of a playing card at 50 yards pretty regularly, just messing around.

A shout out for the Speed-e-Loader.  A great range tool...takes a while to fill up the tubes, but you don't have to do it at the range.  It's quick and efficient.
Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    You need a level fence rail and some charcoal brequets.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Those Speed D loaders are nice, I use one for my Marlin model 60. Heck, I bought two and I can use them with .22 Mag for my Marlin tube fed model 883 too.

Plus it says you just just point the bullets up (instead of down for tube under the bbl fed ones) as you fill them for stock fed .22s.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    "When the last ding-**** of doom has clanged and faded from the last red and dying evening, there will still be one sound, that of..." a .22lr still talking. (Had to insert a little Falkner.)
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain