Home Main Category General Firearms

Fostech has Echo triggers on sale

timctimc Senior MemberPosts: 6,684 Senior Member
These are a lot of fun but not in the favor of the current liberal gun grabbers. If I hadn't lost my last one in a tragic boating accident I might not have ordered another. I sure hope it doesn't get lost in the mail!  ;)
I like the nicely controlled double tap ability the trigger allows with good accuracy. They are expensive but the sale threw me over the edge.I have a nice beater AR that it would do well on. Besides it drives the liberals crazy.
timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
AKA: Former Founding Member

Replies

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 4,342 Senior Member
    What is a Echo trigger timc ?
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Old Ron said:
    What is a Echo trigger timc ?
    It is a binary trigger that can be selected to fire when the trigger is pulled and again when released. The trigger can also be selected into normal semi-auto mode by a three position safety lever. 
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    Now that sounds fun .......how much are those ?
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,930 Senior Member
    Looks like 479.00
    Not that much fun for me . Showing my age here but money isn't that easy to come by.
    edited May 2018 #7
    $100 discount for previous customers.

Money, easy come easy go, can’t take it with you.
    I try to hang on to as much as I can......until  business , Bars ,estates or auctions come up. Then I am low on funds & hustle to make money all over again. Oh throw in new tools !
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    edited May 2018 #9
    I seen a Deputy Sheriff firing one of those at the range (his personal AR) and man he could dump a mag in a hurry, almost like a bump-fire and getting them on the target board (25 yards) fairly good too. He said he paid a pretty penny fer it.

Me, you can buy a basic AR fer that and although it would be fun, practically speaking I have no real use for one besides maybe the cool factor and blowing away ammo even faster than normal with an AR. 

The option of 'Normal' one-shot-one-pull of the trigger selector makes it more attractive than being stuck with a Mod until you swap something around again, though.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    I guess you could call it a 'Two-fer' two shots fer one pull and release!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Old Ron said:
    I try to hang on to as much as I can......until  business , Bars ,estates or auctions come up. Then I am low on funds & hustle to make money all over again. Oh throw in new tools !
    I look at it like...If I don't spend it the wife will! LOL
    Big Chief said:
    I seen a Deputy Sheriff firing one of those at the range (his personal AR) and man he could dump a mag in a hurry, almost like a bump-fire and getting them on the target board (25 yards) fairly good too. He said he paid a pretty penny fer it.

Me, you can buy a basic AR fer that and although it would be fun, practically speaking I have no real use for one besides maybe the cool factor and blowing away ammo even faster than normal with an AR. 

The option of 'Normal' one-shot-one-pull of the trigger selector makes it more attractive than being stuck with a Mod until you swap something around again, though.
    That is what I like, the ability to switch to a normal trigger at will. I plan to put this on on a beater AR I just abuse as a range toy. This is a parts gun I built out of leftovers with a PSA lower. I have next to nothing in it so it doesn't hurt when I abuse it!

This is what I put the first one in, AR in .300 B/O

How close can you get the hits on paper when you take your time from a rest and do one pull and one release?
    In my world I get way better groups at 10' than I do at 100 yards.
    ( It has to be the ammo )   lol

Big Chief said:
    How close can you get the hits on paper when you take your time from a rest and do one pull and one release?
    At 50 yards probably 1/2”-1”
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Enjoy them while you can. Some jerk in the future will figure it out and use one in a mass shooting and that 'ell be the end of that.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    snake284 said:
    Enjoy them while you can. Some jerk in the future will figure it out and use one in a mass shooting and that 'ell be the end of that.
    Well if they ever say we have to give them up I’ll be real careful to not loose it on the boat ride over.....
    Shipped today. On the way......
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    timc said:
    snake284 said:
    Well if they ever say we have to give them up I’ll be real careful to not loose it on the boat ride over.....
    If I had one and that happened, I think it would get lost in a hole in my back yard, in PVC.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Installed the new trigger today. I locked the doors in case it tried to jump up and go hurt someone when I finished doubling the evil in it. 
    No sooner than I finished installing the trigger that dang evil rifle just laid there, I can’t quite figure out what I did wrong because it functions perfectly. Maybe it’s waiting until I go to sleep!