Home Main Category Clubhouse

Veteran kicked off ride for not having ‘real legs’ calls on Six Flags to change policies

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
I've seen this guy on Fox as a guest commentator, good guy, medically retired Marine Staff Sgt Bomb Tech. He has overcome his disability and continued on with his life.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,962 Senior Member
    edited May 2018 #2
    I would say, "Fire that DillWeed" working the ride just for his attitude and for being a Montard.

"Our policies are customized by ride and developed for the safety of all our guests. Our policies and procedures are reviewed and adjusted on a regular basis to ensure we continue to accommodate the needs of our guests while simultaneously maintaining a safe environment for everyone." -- Six Flags

Having been on many of their rides, the retaining bars go across your legs so I'm guessing they're not too sure how safely someone with artificial legs can enjoy their rides.

Solution, upgrade the retaining features ($money$). He mentions how other theme parks bent-over backwards to help him.

SixFlags got some splaining to do.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,929 Senior Member
    Tell us how you really feel. B)
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    Back in the day we called the ride tenders carneys. The were an outside the box group to put it politely. Now they're young clueless children. I try to avoid such places.