Home Main Category General Firearms

Deal or no deal

BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior MemberPosts: 4,484 Senior Member
edited May 2018 in General Firearms #1
Primary arms is selling a Bear Creek 6.5 grendal, 20 in SS fluted barrel for 143 dollars and throwing in a radical firearms BCG.  I have a lower waiting to build, not real familiar with 6.5.  I guess it would be a long distance rifle, up to 600 yrds.  Thoughts?
"He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,135 Senior Member
    That is right around the barrel price at most places. If you want a 6.5 give it a try, especially with the BCG
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Bear Creek is a rebranded Moore Machine Co ... MMC ... product made down the road from me in Sanford NC. The MMC stuff was bad news especially their tolerances on their receivers. Since they reorganized and split the Bear Creek stuff off they have expanded their market big time for budget ARs and parts. I have heard good and meh things about them and scene a couple of their complete ARs fail in a class because of assembly issues not part failure. As to parts ... they are CNC machined so they are likely with “mil-spec” but for longer ranges I’d say you get what you pay for. For $143 your getting a BCG and a barrel ... if you’re going to use factory ammo on say steel you might be fine but if you’re looking to make tiny holes with handloads I’d say look at barrels known for accuracy like Krieger, Shilen, Lilja, etc. The barrel is the heart of accuracy in a firearm.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell