Home Main Category Personal Defense

Always be mindful of your surroundings!

shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior MemberPosts: 5,742 Senior Member
This is just a Christmas time holiday public service announcement from here in Texas:

As concealed weapons carriers, naturally we need to be mindful of our surroundings and maintain situational awareness (I know I'm not the only one that watches reflections to see what's behind me). However, this applies when we are clearing our weapons too.

I was unloading my 1911 to perform some fondli... Er, dry fire practice. When I racked the slide to eject the round in the chamber, I sent the 9mm 124gr Speer Gold Dot round sailing...

IMG_1441.jpg

Right into my full coffee cup... So I had to dump it and go fix another cup :silly:

Merry Christmas!
- I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski

Replies

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Ahhh, to be a green horn again !!!

:rotflmao:
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member
    that early in the morning you should have had the 1917
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,742 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    TOE PIC WARNING!

At least its just part of your little toe.

Just for that, I'm going to rock the Vibram Five-Fingers if I make it to Jerry's this coming May...
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
    WTH ???

What are you all on about ???
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • rallykidrallykid Senior Member Posts: 657 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    These images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTn6k_yjyMEOuaeuR_I8x0j-N8Nan32jl3PEab97cNcoHJL0cK_

Those either need fur and claws or paint the nails pink, THAT would be creepy.
    No, I do not have a pink fuzzy bunny fetish but apparently my Facebook hacking wife does.
    Doc,

Notice the footwear in the bottom of the frame in this pic:

Image12142011112029.jpg
    I am quite happy to say I had not noticed that at all !!!
    Weatherby wrote: »
    that early in the morning you should have had the 1917

Once I get it all cleaned up and insure that it shoots well with a good load, it may very well become the house/woods gun.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,715 Senior Member
    Doc,

Notice the footwear in the bottom of the frame in this pic:

Image12142011112029.jpg

The only safe thing for you to do is resign your commission before the troops refer to you as Nancy.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
    NN wrote: »
    The only safe thing for you to do is resign your commission before the troops refer to you as Nancy.

They won't be saying that for long when I outrun them all.
  • QuinianQuinian Senior Member Posts: 707 Senior Member
    Was just thinking that the KSO model would be nice for rock climbing

Found this site after going "WTH ARE THOSE?!" at this thread lol

http://www.runningnut.com/vibram-five-fingers-review/
  • GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,088 Senior Member
    A bullet in a coffee cup?

There you go again, shooting your mouth off first thing in the morning...

:tooth:
    I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA, Pietta 1860 .44 snubnose

I hate it when unloaded bullets do that. I have them get under the floor boards of the boat and it is a PIA to get at them, often I have to take everything out of that section to lift the boards out of the way.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    I'm not ashamed to admit it, either, Shotgun.

I sometimes like to just sit and hold my Springfield 1911 Operator. I will however call it holding and not fondling. I don't want cpj or Buffy to get too excited.
    GunnerK19 wrote: »

There you go again, shooting your mouth off first thing in the morning...

Good one!
    samzhere wrote: »

I sometimes like to just sit and hold my Springfield 1911 Operator. I will however call it holding and not fondling. I don't want cpj or Buffy to get too excited.
    :yikes::rotflmao:

Sam, Sam, Sam did not know you had that in you.
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
    Just trying to look out for my fellow forum members.
    This is just a Christmas time holiday public service announcement from here in Texas:

As concealed weapons carriers, naturally we need to be mindful of our surroundings and maintain situational awareness (I know I'm not the only one that watches reflections to see what's behind me). However, this applies when we are clearing our weapons too.

I was unloading my 1911 to perform some fondli... Er, dry fire practice. When I racked the slide to eject the round in the chamber, I sent the 9mm 124gr Speer Gold Dot round sailing...

IMG_1441.jpg

Right into my full coffee cup... So I had to dump it and go fix another cup :silly:

Merry Christmas!

Good thing you were paying attention, or you may have indeed had to " bite the bullet !!! "
    NN wrote: »
    I hate it when unloaded bullets do that. I have them get under the floor boards of the boat and it is a PIA to get at them, often I have to take everything out of that section to lift the boards out of the way.

Worse part is if you find yourself in Mexico, and the Police find stray ammo and put you in jail !!!!

Police up your stray ammo and frags ! don't leave anything...........
  • R.D.WYLIER.D.WYLIE New Member Posts: 6 New Member
    If you golfed ,i would say hole in one, happy new year!!!
  • R.D.WYLIER.D.WYLIE New Member Posts: 6 New Member
    NN Just curios the two guns in the case are those COLT NEW SEVICE 45'S OR THE NEW SERVICE POLICE MODELS??
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    Worse part is if you find yourself in Mexico, and the Police find stray ammo and put you in jail !!!!

Police up your stray ammo and frags ! don't leave anything...........

Or don't ever go to Mexico, which I consider the ideal decision whether you shoot guns or not.
    True words, they see Gringos as roasted chickens.
    Or don't ever go to Mexico, which I consider the ideal decision whether you shoot guns or not.

I consider anything south of the Nueces River a "Mexican Vacation."