Those of you with skunk loving dogs....

CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior MemberPosts: 9,805 Senior Member
A farmer said this stuff works good enough to let the dog in the house after you use it.

No clue how to rotate the image, see a chiropractor if you get a stiff neck.
I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,973 Senior Member
    I can read sideways, backwards, and upside down with no problems, so no stiff neck here! :D
    Never seen that in the Farmer's Co-op or anywhere else. Hope it works for ya. Dogs are stupid; they don't realize that the striped kitty kat is armed with a liquid WMD until it's too late. That liquid WMD is sort of oil based and it sure resists most soaps/detergents. Maybe that stuff will kill the smell.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 2,310 Senior Member
    Let us know if it works .......I could take that to my next auction in a spray bottle & see if it works on people too !
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,041 Senior Member
    edited June 9 #5
    joeg52 said:
    That is the mix I use and tossed in a little febreze for good measure.
    Our dog doesn't learn, six times so far.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,134 Senior Member
    With all the things a dog will roll in to pick up that scent, they probably like the skunk smell.
    I have a need for speed
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 1,253 Senior Member
    joeg52 said:
    I use this but add a cup of vinegar.  How do add Febreze?  Just spray with it.  Our white boxer Bandit just loves his skunks and proudly brings them home and puts them on the front porch to show us.  We always know as he comes home with shoe string drools hanging out of his mouth!  Drives me nuts, worst thing is I have a resident skunk living in the small woods about 25 yards from the front door.  My wife says it's just a matter of time.

Oh yeah one last things folks have forgot. Take the dog collar off and let it soak in the mixture prior to and while giving them a bath.  I usually bath him twice, as I said my dog loves skunk! 
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
    Added Febreze to the mix from refill bottle.
    The last skunk was trying to take up residency, next day after spraying the dog he sprayed the cat.
    22 to the head cured the problem.
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,560 Senior Member
    rberglof said:
    Added Febreze to the mix from refill bottle.
    The last skunk was trying to take up residency, next day after spraying the dog he sprayed the cat.
    22 to the head cured the problem.

That will teach that dog............no #7 that way.
    oh wait.......you may have meant the skunk
    Yes, I shot the skunk!