Self inflicted head wound

coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior MemberPosts: 5,870 Senior Member
Took a wap to the melon yesterday.  A pokey/stabby piece of shelving to the forehead to be exact. 

Kinda ouchy, lotsa bleedy.  No stitchy, though. 
"Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
George Carlin

Replies

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,733 Senior Member
    Chicks like scars!
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,650 Senior Member
    You know we all have to laugh at you now right?  Because guys... 🤣
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 2,301 Senior Member
    Glad you are ok there ! Good thing you didn't damage anything you use ! lol
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,933 Senior Member
    Yeah, this. Way to go stupid. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,443 Senior Member
    Hey, at least I'm not the only one that needs a helmet just to leave home.😮
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,200 Senior Member
    I know that didn't feel good!

I self inflicted a broken toe 10 days ago out of anger. Daughter made me mad something fierce and I tried to launch a chair with my toe. The chair won, but she got the point... :D  
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,933 Senior Member
    Michakav said:

I self inflicted a broken toe 10 days ago out of anger. Daughter made me mad something fierce and I tried to launch a chair with my toe. The chair won, but she got the point... :D  
    Did you learn how dumb that was? 
    I now have a toe that won’t bend after attempting to kick a possum last fall, but instead kicking some solid rock landscaping. I’m reminding daily not to kick things unless my life depends on it. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
    edited June 9 #9
    cpj said:
    Michakav said:

Did you learn how dumb that was? 
    I now have a toe that won’t bend after attempting to kick a possum last fall, but instead kicking some solid rock landscaping. I’m reminding daily not to kick things unless my life depends on it. 

Yes sir I did. Only took me about 2.3 sec. to realize. Have not been that angry in quite some time. She's 13 (tough age) and it had been coming, but that's no excuse for the outburst. I apologized to her several times for my actions and we are good now. The kids always say "your yelling at me". I let them know that was me yelling. They have a new appreciation for my normal tone.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,197 Senior Member
    edited June 9 #10
    My daughter took some splatter off steel at the range a few months back from the adjacent range with a 9-10 berm between them.  Drew blood and a marble size lump.  The lump is still there and is starting to hurt she said.  Told her long ago when didn't go down she probably had some lead or cooper in there.  She finally called the Dr to make an appt, told them she got shot in the head.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    edited June 9 #11
    Coolgun. No concussion symptoms? Does not always take much.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,525 Senior Member
    Yep
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,480 Senior Member
    I thought this was gonna be a post about marriage..

"To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,867 Senior Member
    Thats gonna leave a mark. Time to grow your hair longer or have a good war story.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,538 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    Thats gonna leave a mark. Time to grow your hair longer or have a good war story.
    Naw, just cover it with a tattoo.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,870 Senior Member
    Michakav said:
     No dain bramage at all. 😁
    George Carlin
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,870 Senior Member
    I expect nothing less. 
    George Carlin
    edited June 9 #18
    Michakav said:
     No dain bramage at all. 😁

I'd buy that for a dollar..lol.. :dizzy:
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,966 Senior Member
    Cuts to the forehead, and head in general, bleed a LOT. That's gonna leave a nice little scar, I bet.

Best one I ever got on the head, from an accident, was a cupboard door. I opened the cabinet, something fell out and I bent over and retrieved it. When I stood up, my melon and the cupboard door tried to occupy the same place at the same time, and my head lost. Had about an inch long gash in the top of my head, and by the time it stopped bleeding my hair was well matted with blood.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,141 Senior Member

I ducked under a set of jumper cables to start an engine one day, and straightened up right under the bottom bolt of a west coast mirror on the truck doing the boosting.  13 stitches later, I was back in business.  Did I mention it was 15 below zero and sleeting at the time- - - - -and Mary was too traumatized to drive me to the E.R.?  I drove myself, with her holding a towel on top of my head to slow down the bleeding.  21 miles on 5 inches of ice was a fun trip!

After the stitch-up job, I managed to back the car into a ditch and had to dig us out to get back home!

Jerry 

Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,558 Senior Member
    Birth is fatal
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 1,277 Senior Member
    This! :D

"Facts are stubborn things and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of the facts and evidence" — John Adams
    Spk said:
    This! :D

I darn near lost it! Been ages since I have seen that.
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,000 Senior Member
    Big Al1 said:
    Chicks like scars!   Vasectomy scars!

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,246 Senior Member
    Couple of years ago I went over to Dad’s for some reason, and he had a similar dent in his forehead.  I asked him what happened, and he explained he was out replacing the exhaust on his motor home, when “the dang thing reached down and bit me!!”
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    edited June 10 #26
    Big Al1 said:
    Chicks like scars!   Vasectomy scars!

I have that one, can't see it though. The little puff of smoke was a little offputting. Plus a 7" hernia scar. It would take several paragraphs to list all my scars and broken bones. I lived a very active life but am really paying for it now. Still wouldn't trade it. Most of it can be attributed to sports, BMX bikes, dirt bikes/quads and sheer stupidity (alcohol).
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,141 Senior Member

Since it's so easy to collect scars by accident, why do people mutilate themselves on purpose? (tattoos)

Jerry

Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,538 Senior Member
    Teach said:

Since it's so easy to collect scars by accident, why do people mutilate themselves on purpose? (tattoos)

Jerry

'Cause they're pretty! Or at least, they can be! I've seen my share of FUGLY tattoos!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,443 Senior Member
    I got a hotel once on a trip with my boy. Woke up early. Decided to let the boy sleep awhile well I caught the news on tv. When I hit the switch it was a show specifically to model young women that were disrobed and elaborately tattooed. I had never seen the like. It was tastefully done I thought and I found it hard to change the channel. Scars could never have measured up.
    edited June 10 #30
    I got a hotel once on a trip with my boy. Woke up early. Decided to let the boy sleep awhile well I caught the news on tv. When I hit the switch it was a show specifically to model young women that were disrobed and elaborately tattooed. I had never seen the like. It was tastefully done I thought and I found it hard to change the channel. Scars could never have measured up.

I find tastefully tatted women extremely attractive! I have a serious crush on "Jane" from the show Blindspot. Obviously a fictional character, but she is gorgeous nonetheless in real life! 

https://www.google.com/search?q=jane+from+blindspot&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj3x4GenMjbAhUwq1kKHdW_DKcQ_AUICigB&biw=1152&bih=614

• Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 1,253 Senior Member
    If your head was a gun stock we would just call it a character mark and there would be a great story to tell.  With the head wound like that, take a sharpie and write my "wife hit me" above it.  Many get some sympathy from the guys, the ladies will just giggle!  
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21