Brownell's youtube channel cancelled

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 17,525 Senior Member
Hard to believe youtube would do that.

There's much anger on the interwebs.
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,200 Senior Member
    edited June 9 #2
    What a bunch of bullsqueeze! Not that it is unexpected. It is a real shame that my anger meter pegs less and less for this type of action.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,966 Senior Member
    It appears that Brownell's videos are back up. I just checked and they seem to be all there. Maybe some outrage and backlash made YouTube rethink their decision?
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

tennmike said:
    It appears that Brownell's videos are back up. I just checked and they seem to be all there. Maybe some outrage and backlash made YouTube rethink their decision?

Just sent a nasty message.  lmao
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,525 Senior Member
    edited June 9 #5
    tennmike said:
    Okay. I searched for Brownells on youtube and found NOTHING before I posted this.

HOPEFULLY, they (youtube) came to their senses.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Hmmmm, I'm still unable to find their channel

knitepoet said:
    Hmmmm, I'm still unable to find their channel

I too am seeing nothing.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,966 Senior Member
    Just type in Brownell's in the search box and their videos come up. At least for me. Just tried it again and that works. YouTube must have shut down their channel, but the videos are still up. Weird.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,933 Senior Member
    I got nothing. 
    Here’s a blurb on it. 

https://youtu.be/Lg5VzZ50doA
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
    edited June 10 #10
    tennmike said:
    Just type in Brownell's in the search box and their videos come up. At least for me. Just tried it again and that works. YouTube must have shut down their channel, but the videos are still up. Weird.

Still nothing. I see videos that reference Brownells and are copies of, but that's it. Their channel is GONE! They have a lot of work to do if they want to scrub all of it. I will cancel all 4 profiles in this house.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,197 Senior Member
    YouTube announced months ago (after parkland?) They were going to stop allowing how to gun videos.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,107 Senior Member
    I get nothing other than the link CPJ posted. That sucks. 
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,683 Senior Member
    Lots of 'Gun' videos are still up on YouTube. Wasn't there something about not paying any money for hits for a lot of videos like they were?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 2,301 Senior Member
    Has anyone called Brownells ? Ask where they went . I for one will go where they have it posted.
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 2,301 Senior Member
    It went down June 9th

BREAKING NEWS: YouTube ATTACKS Gun Industry/Brownells - The Fight!

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,867 Senior Member
    edited June 11 #16
    Yesterday i found only the video about it being gone, this morning it seems to be back

https://www.youtube.com/user/brownellsinc

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,197 Senior Member
    And in further news of how stupid antis are, ebay has declared 10/22s and 15-22s to be assault weapons and will no longer allow tandemkross to sell parts for them.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,538 Senior Member
    eBay is worse than Google ever thought of being. In many ways...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
    Old Ron said:
    It went down June 9th

Which, surprisingly enough, is the day I started this thread

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,683 Senior Member
    edited June 12 #20
    On their website today the scrolling banner has a 'Special Thanks For Keeping our YT Ch alive' coupon/sale........................so maybe it is fixed now?

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    It's back up for me. Did not scroll through to see if the "how-to" video's are still up. I hope my nasty message helped... :*