Cougar snatches house cat on driveway in FL

Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior MemberPosts: 1,253 Senior Member
Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,978 Senior Member
    That was one quick takedown.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,558 Senior Member
    Yea it was, but it would have been quicker if somebody had EDITED the video first...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,120 Senior Member
    Those things are in my neck of the woods now. Makes you think a little bit when walking in the woods.
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,289 Senior Member
    I hate mountain lions. We have a season on them with carefully regulated tags in South Dakota . My belief is that they should be treated like all vermin. As soon as a toddler gets snatched out of someone's backyard, they will be eradicated and sent into the hinterland where they belong.  Wolves also for that matter.
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,953 Senior Member
    That’s unfortunate. She should know she doesn’t have to snatch some peoples pet, the shelters are full of needy kitties. 

Ohhhhhh! Nevermind. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,141 Senior Member
    Those things are in my neck of the woods now. Makes you think a little bit when walking in the woods.

Just stay out of the bars and health clubs that cater to those kind of clients!
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,978 Senior Member
    Teach said:

Just stay out of the bars and health clubs that cater to those kind of clients!
    When I read the thread title I thought of THAT kind of cougar that was also a crazy cat lady stealing someone's cat. But your advice is sound, too! :D
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,456 Senior Member
    Wasn't there a couple of bicyclists attacked just a few days ago in Oregon some place???

Gotta remember to watch your back trail. Or keep a small domestic animal handy for a distraction.

Yep, a couple of bikers got attacked- - - -one KIA, one badly injured.  Serves 'em right for not having some horsepower between those two wheels.  Bombers use chaff and flares to deflect missiles- - - -I guess a biker could use a poodle in an ejection seat!

Jerry

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,707 Senior Member

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 5,994 Senior Member
    edited June 12 #12
    Fluffy “ran away” with some stray cat kids. Sorry. 
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,211 Senior Member
    Debbie wants me to put a small "kitty door" in the garage for the semi-feral mouser that hangs out around the ranch. It just had a litter and she brought them into the garage to keep them safe from coyotes. I'm tempted to do it as since they've been in the garage, I've seen no evidence of rats trying to get into the garbage or chicken feed but even a small pet door is big enough for a possum.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • GilaGila Posts: 262 Member
    Debbie wants me to put a small "kitty door" in the garage for the semi-feral mouser that hangs out around the ranch. It just had a litter and she brought them into the garage to keep them safe from coyotes. I'm tempted to do it as since they've been in the garage, I've seen no evidence of rats trying to get into the garbage or chicken feed but even a small pet door is big enough for a possum.
    They make locking pet doors with collars the pets wear to unlock the door.
    To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.  Sun Tzŭ
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 5,994 Senior Member
    Gila said:
    By chance have you ever tried to put a collar on a semi feral barn cat? By the time you get enough PPE on you can barely hang on to the cat let alone manipulate the collar. 
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,953 Senior Member
    Gila said:
    By chance have you ever tried to put a collar on a semi feral barn cat? By the time you get enough PPE on you can barely hang on to the cat let alone manipulate the collar. 
    I’ll pay to watch, and I’ll buy the beer. (If I had a nickel for every time I’ve said that)
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 19,443 Senior Member
    You could hear the skull “pop” when the mountain lion bit down. 

Cool. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,558 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    I’ll pay to watch, and I’ll buy the beer. (If I had a nickel for every time I’ve said that)
    It would probably end similar to:

-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • GilaGila Posts: 262 Member
    Gila said:
    Why would I?  I don't have any cats, I don't even like cats, and around here the coyotes are better than that mountain lion at getting them. 
    To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.  Sun Tzŭ
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,707 Senior Member
    Pound fer pound cats can be pretty vicious when they want to.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • AxeAxe Member Posts: 369 Member
    Isnt that cannibalism? We have them up here as well, and its pretty cool to watch them take down a whitetailed deer. 

It's rumored that at the first Thanksgiving dinner, bobcat was on the menu, not turkey.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

No, I'm NOT going to share the punch line to that joke!

Jerry

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,871 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    You could hear the skull “pop” when the mountain lion bit down. 

Cool. 
    For us.  Less so for the kitty.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin