Home Main Category General Firearms

Weeknight at the Range.

shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior MemberPosts: 5,733 Senior Member
edited June 2018 in General Firearms #1
I found myself with the rare occassion of an unspoken for weeknight, so I siezed the opportunity and hit up a local indoor 100 yds rifle range. 

First up, I zeroed a rifle that has lately attracted the nickname "Gucci gun." After some of the cool-guy stuff I got to do earlier this year I went a little nuts and tossed a Geissele MK13, and a Vortex Razor HD Gen II-E 1-6 on the Daniel Defense upper of my "fun gun," and replaced the fixed stock with a B5 Systems SOPMOD Bravo. Additionally, I added Magpul MBUS Pro Offset iron sights (not pictured):

Pretty straight forward performance. I LOVE this set up for a general use AR. I only had time to zero the optic and irons, so that's all I did. 

Next up was my Tikka T3x CTR 6.5 CM. I only had time to zero the gun and then shoot for groups with and without can (SiCo Omega 300), so that's what I did. 

100yds, no can:

10 rds, rapid, with can:

I didn't get a chance to test for repeatability, but if it drops exaxtlt 2.0 MOA/.7 MIL I'm happy! I will not that 5 rds in the mirage was getting bad enough to distort the target. With this in mind I will be shooting a local PRS match next weekend without the can. 

Overall it was a good range evening and I'm glad I got the chance to sneak away!
- I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski

Replies