Well! Lets see if this place gets run out of business

Replies

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 39,240 Senior Member
    CaliFFL said:
    sgtrock21 said:
    "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone". It is a very, very broad brush. There should be a legitimate reason. A bat s**t crazy liberal hating anyone associated with the Trump administration refusing service? Probably not. In practice it returns to refusing service to negroes.   
    It should be a very broad brush. Refusing service to anyone should be a business owner's right. Don't want to sell to blacks? Fine, but don't expect any non-bigots to enter your establishment. A savvy entrepreneur will open a competing shop across the street with a big sign out front "ALL ARE WELCOME". Let's see who stays in business and who fails. 

The market works when left alone by government. 
    THIS.  
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,809 Senior Member
    I saw a picture of the inside of that place that supposedly was taken today, and it was dead empty. Don't know if that was actually the Dead Hen or not......LOL
    I HAVE HATED COMMUNISTS EVEN BEFORE THEY CHANGED
    THEIR NAME TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 24,285 Senior Member
    I saw a picture of the inside of that place that supposedly was taken today, and it was dead empty. Don't know if that was actually the Dead Hen or not......LOL
    Don't know if they are open on Sundays, or not. Just checked; closed on Sunday.
    Hours of operation(from their website):
    Hours:
    SundayClosed
    MondayClosed
    Tuesday5–8:30PM
    Wednesday5–8:30PM
    Thursday5–8:30PM
    Friday5–9PM
    Saturday5–9PM

The controversy they caused might keep customers away, or it might draw in their target audience. They got their 15 minutes of fame any way you look at it.
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

• RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,644 Senior Member
    edited June 25 #35
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,663 Senior Member
    Now the Bullying and screaming Trump haters has gone to FLA AG Pam Bondi who was surrounded at a movie theater and yelled at for supporting his immigration policies. 

Sooner or later someone is gonna get hurt by this crowd mentality behavior. 
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,270 Senior Member
    Sarah Huckabee should sue the s**t outta them! Start doing what libs would do if it happened to them.

cpj said:
    I FULLY support the rights of this restaurant. Good on them for throwing them out. 
    Me too. Just like a baker shouldn't have to bake a cake for anyone for any reason. A business is a private entity and it should be ran as the owner sees fit. It can sink or swim accordingly.

Personally? I don't mix business with politics, but if someone wants to, I say let them go ahead with their own business.
    What good would suing do other than waste a bunch of money? The Conservative leaning Supreme Court just ruled that this sort of crap is fine. I don't like it on either side regardless of the reason, but expect to see a lot more of it over the next few years. 
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
    Sarah Huckabee should sue the s**t outta them! Start doing what libs would do if it happened to them.
    What good would suing do other than waste a bunch of money? The Conservative leaning Supreme Court just ruled that this sort of crap is fine. I don't like it on either side regardless of the reason, but expect to see a lot more of it over the next few years. 
    The Supreme Court made a very narrow decision, and it had to do with religion. I doubt that the eh-holes obvious political motives would qualify as an exclusion. Regardless, you are probably right that it would be a waste of money and effort to try this in court, but I'm just expressing my frustration with the left-wing tactics that they use against Trump and his supporters.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,509 Senior Member
    We are seeing more examples of self segregation.  Some people are 100% happy to live in their own echo chamber bubble and hate anyone outside it. 
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

Calls from Democrats, celebrities to harass Trump staffers, allies, family members raise safety fears

"Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters of California over the weekend sought to bring the 'resistance' to a new level when she urged supporters to swarm Cabinet members at gas stations and anywhere else they're seen."

"If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere," Waters said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/25/trump-officials-hounded-and-harassed-as-protester-tactics-take-turn.html

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Big Chief said:

Calls from Democrats, celebrities to harass Trump staffers, allies, family members raise safety fears

"Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters of California over the weekend sought to bring the 'resistance' to a new level when she urged supporters to swarm Cabinet members at gas stations and anywhere else they're seen."

"If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere," Waters said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/25/trump-officials-hounded-and-harassed-as-protester-tactics-take-turn.html

Good. 
    That too, will sort itself out, in short order....
    Zee
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,247 Senior Member
    All of these hate campaigns against Trump may energize their dumbass base, but the latest popularity polls show Trump gaining, about equal to Obama and Reagan, at this point in their presidencies. So, this may not be the best plan for recapturing Congress.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 14,498 Senior Member
    edited June 25 #43
    cpj said:
    Good. 
    While I have to agree with you, I find it disturbing that people somehow think harassment is acceptable political discourse.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 18,054 Senior Member
    I detest self-righteous people - from either side of "the aisle".
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 2,530 Senior Member
    The neighbors at the end of the street have a big sign in their yard that reads Trump does not speak for us.

Now maybe the sign's meaning is face value. Maybe not though. It could be put there to put off aggression from anyone that may assume otherwise.

I have no intention of inquiring, and maintain no ill will or animosity either way.

Democratic government (small 'd') is an argument. I have no desire to silence anyone.
    cpj said:
    Good. 
    While I have to agree with you, I find it disturbing that people somehow think harassment is acceptable political discourse.
    I agree with you, but the flip side this there will be a fair amount of “education”, given out. 
    Zee
    True.
    At some point, if this idiocy grows and gets more violent, someone is going to get hurt. Someone will lay hand to someone they are 'protesting' and it will end poorly either way. I do find it odd that the party that protests violence against women so strongly seems to exclude women from the opposite political party in that protest against violence against women. They'll eventually lay hand to the wrong woman, and her husband/significant other will lay into them and make them wish they were somewhere else. At the rate it's deteriorating, that is looking inevitable. Some folks just got to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Even Nancy Pelosi sent out something telling them to more or less cool it/tone it down.
    The solution to this is easy. Just do like the restaurants do that don't allow firearms and put up a sign saying NO CONSERVATIVES WILL BE SERVED BY THIS RESTAURANT or whatever business it is. Now see how simple that is!

edited June 26 #51
    They want to be violent? I would enjoy seeing a few 250 pound conservative gym rats pick a couple of them clear off the ground and slam their heads together like coconuts!
    They want to be violent? I would enjoy seeing a few 250 pound conservative gym rats pick a couple of them clear off the ground and slam their heads together like coconuts!
    Since 'Auntie Maxine' just called for her followers to harass Conservatives everywhere they see one, you might get your wish to see that.

• alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,270 Senior Member
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,103 Senior Member
    To borrow (once again) a phrase coined by Bigslug:

I find myself completely overwhelmed with an all-consuming sense of not giving much of a crap.  

Folks that want storm the place with torches and pitchforks are just as bat scat crazy as the folks who want to have a parade. cpj, jerm and Cali are exactly right on this.  They ask you to leave (or even shrilly DEMAND you leave), then you leave.  Period.  You can tell all your friends about it, you can put it on the tweeter (😉), you can shout it from the rooftops if you want.  But you leave.

Because the Bill of Rights works for everybody, not just conservatives. 

Chief asked "what if it was about guns?"  Heck, that happens EVERY day! You've never seen a "no guns" sign posted on a business??  I'm reasonably certain we've had more than one conversation here about the idiocy of "free fire" zones...
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    edited June 26 #55
    Much better than this...........

photo king-putt_zps52e82eb1png

What Coolgunguy said in Post #55 is the way it should be handled. If you're asked to leave, then leave. I was TOLD to leave a few restaurants when I was in the Navy. I was in either dress blues or dress whites when it happened, too, depending on season. Just sat down at a table, and the waiter/waitress told me to leave. I just got up and left, except for when one waiter followed me outside and called me a name he shouldn't have. When I got through yelling at him, he knew his genealogy to a much higher degree than a DNA test would have revealed. And none of the restaurants were high class hoity-toity establishments, either. I never was given a reason why, just told that I had to leave. That's cool, too; don't really need a reason. If they don't want my money, then I'm O.K. with that.

• VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,392 Senior Member

Nope, SCOTUS ruled that the baker had proven it was not discriminatory by serving the customer, but the customer had no right to the bakers specific talent of decorating cakes for weddings because forcing him to violated his first amendment rights.

This is discrimination based on political belief.

That said, I support their right to serve who they want to and lose the revenue that goes with it. They will see a bump for 2 weeks, then start seeing a loss.

It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 28,191 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    Big Chief said:

Good. 
    cpj said:
    Good. 
    How long before the extreme takes it to far like the Blue Lives Matter movement pushed some psychopaths to execute cops?  THAT is what I'm afraid of.  When you have someone like Aunt Maxine (authority figure) sanctioning this type of behavior it's just a matter of time before one of her mental giant constituents takes the local step beyond harassment.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    But the left isn't alone in this. I think people on both sides need to take a step back and look in the mirror. That evil liberal caricature of a straw man that gets burned on here so often? The left has that same mental image of us. Neither one of them resemble reality.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 28,191 Senior Member
    edited June 26 #60
    But the left isn't alone in this. I think people on both sides need to take a step back and look in the mirror. That evil liberal caricature of a straw man that gets burned on here so often? The left has that same mental image of us. Neither one of them resemble reality.
    True but I do not recall the civil unrest, property destruction, general uncivility and outright violence by conservatives when we had to swallow the Obama regime for 8 years.  They keep pushing the envelope without consequences from their peers the government or the law.  The far left is becoming something overtly violent and evil (open harassment and prejudice, cop killing and property destruction and let’s not forget the shooting of the Republican Softball team during practice).  How long before the other edge snaps?  Is the far right only waiting for the center to unleash them?
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    Looking at the facts, people with a liberal outlook tend to have less to lose than those that are more conservative. It makes sense to me that if you have little or nothing to lose, there is nothing to inhibit bold actions. People tend to be conservative in their actions because they have too much to lose. It is just the way it is.