Home Main Category General Firearms

Anyone have any experience with Elftmann (aka Elf) AR triggers?

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 21,089 Senior Member
Wondering because I am thinking of adding one (at first anyway)  to one of my lowers.
http://www.primaryarms.com/ELF-SE-C

Good? Bad?

What say you?

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,089 Senior Member
    edited June 2018 #2
    Well, found ONE, in-stock and on-sale for $134.99 from
    https://haulbrass.com/collections/triggers/products/elftmann-se-drop-in-trigger-curved?variant=10509421609003

I say 1, because I ordered it (and it went through), and now they show the curved as out of stock.

Never shot with a straight trigger, and not sure I want to have to learn how one feels compared to the curved triggers I have on everything else

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    I know nothing about this trigger or a straight trigger on a rifle.

But, I installed an Apex sear kit on my S&W Shield and paid extra for a straight trigger setup, and it is great, very much like a 1911 feel. Offhand, I think that would work out very nicely on a pistol grip rifle. Also, the 3.5 lb. pull is just right for me.
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,859 Senior Member
    I have shot one. A buddy of mine has one in one of his guns. Not as good as a Geissle, but a nice trigger none the less. 

https://www.groundzeroprecision.com/collections/drop-in-triggers
    If I’m not mistaken, anti walk pins are mandatory since they are a drop in trigger and hammer assembly. Don’t have a hammer spring to hold the trigger pin in place. 
    edited June 2018 #6
    Thanks Jay.

I know my Timney has set screws that tension the pins, so anti-walk aren't necessary. Unfamiliar with what the Elf does or doesn't have

I'm going based off of memory from the limited experience with my buddies gun. I’m fairly sure he said it required anti walk pins. The link I posted sells them with anti walk pins. I kinda prefer KNS pins, but that’s just me. 
    Frome your link, looks like I'll have to be moving my anti-walk pins from my pistol lower to the one I decide to drop it in, or, just buy another set

I think Midway sells KNS pins for right around $40. There’s a few reasons why I like those pins. On a new receiver, the anti rotation feature keeps from wearing out the pin holes on the receiver. But where they really shine is in older, high mileage receivers. In fact, the sell pins that are a teeny tiny big bigger for this reason. Once installed and the cross bars are in, the pins square up the trigger and hammer and the lack of pin rotation in the receiver holes reduces friction. A tiny bit of grease on the pins, and it feels like a totally different trigger when all that’s been changed is the pins. 

Just FYI in case you decide to pick up another set of pins. 
    I can get the Elftman  no-walk, no-rotate pins from Brownels for quite a bit less.
    I think it's a set of Gen1 KNS pins I have. They modified their design a few years after I bought mine IIRC

I'll probably go that route

• BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    edited June 2018 #11
    27.00 for KNS mod 2 at primary arms.  All my AR type guns get them when I replace the trigger.  Cheap insurance.  I started using them with the polymer lower on 15-22s after seeing peoples holes get elongated.

Correction, they are on sale right now for 23.00
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician