Just a couple of quick pointers in dealing with the new forums format...

Wambli SkaWambli Ska ModeratorPosts: 26,264 Senior Member
First install Ad Guard on your devices.  Not just to deal with the annoying ads here but to stop all intrusive nonsense adds from all sites.  It's free and works like a champ.  Available in the iTunes Store, pretty sure there are Android and other versions.  

Also when looking at the forum on tablets and phones keep the device vertical.  The format works much better and it keeps text and photos etc in the correct spaces/ratios.

If you have any other helpful tips post them here.
Thanks

"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Replies

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,120 Senior Member
    How come everything I post comes out as one single long paragraph?
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,264 Senior Member
    Don’t know..

Returns work for me...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

How come everything I post comes out as one single long paragraph?
    Does it do the same from any device?
  • joeg52joeg52 Member Posts: 56 Member
    For Windows users FireFox with AdBlock Plus works great.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,120 Senior Member
    I've only used my phone. I don't know if it just looks that to only me, or if you are seeing multiple paragraphs. This post was three paragraphs.
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 851 Senior Member
    joeg52 said:
    For Windows users FireFox with AdBlock Plus works great.
    Using Firefox with Adblock on my Macbook Pro
    NRA Benefactor Member
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,295 Senior Member
    edited June 29 #8
    I've only used my phone. I don't know if it just looks that to only me, or if you are seeing multiple paragraphs. This post was three paragraphs.
    and it came out as one

Another Firefox + Ad Block Plus user here
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,616 Senior Member
    Firefox + Ad Block Plus user here, also. STILL CAN'T POST PICTURES, though.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,287 Senior Member
    FireFox, and Ad Block Plus on a mac here - works fine. No problems with pix!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    Nope, one.
    tennmike said:
    Firefox + Ad Block Plus user here, also. STILL CAN'T POST PICTURES, though.
    Have you tried resetting FF?

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • GilaGila Posts: 164 Member
    How do you upload videos here?  Everything else seems to work fine.
    To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.  Sun Tzŭ
    Just copy and then paste the link on to the body of your post.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,653 Senior Member
    Gila said:
    You can’t, that I know of. You can post links to where they are hosted, but not upload direct to here from your computer. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,616 Senior Member
    Gila said:
    What Wambli said works for YouTube videos, but if the video is on YOUR computer, I have no idea. I can't even post pictures from ANYWHERE.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

tennmike said:
    Gila said:
    What Wambli said works for YouTube videos, but if the video is on YOUR computer, I have no idea. I can't even post pictures from ANYWHERE.
    I tried the copy and paste thing, and it didn't work for videos, but works fine for everything else.
    To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.  Sun Tzŭ
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 1,687 Senior Member
    How about getting rid of the annoying cookie pop up?
    JKP said:
    AdGuard
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,002 Senior Member
    I have also been using Firefox and Ad Block on Dell computer with windows 10. No problems loading pictures.
  • joeg52joeg52 Member Posts: 56 Member
    JKP said:
    What cookie pop up? Windows 10, Firefox, AdBlock plus.
    To clarify, I only see it on my iPhone in Safari. I am running Adblock on the phone and don't see any external ads. 

What i get constantly  is the forum generated cookie policy notice. 
    JKP said:
    I agree now that I've seen your screenshot.  I get the same thing here on my Mac at home.  I don't much want to read the policy every time I visit here.  I don't run AdBlock anymore, since it's a pain and my browser can block ads without it.  I can tell that the site has 3 trackers running right and provide all the particulars on these trackers, among other things...
    ADGUARD!!!!!!!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,032 Senior Member
    So if we get adguard everything will be forum bliss? 
    I have a need for speed
    It blocks a lot more than ads, including the annoying cookie pop ups and it’s completely configurable...
    So you like ADGUARD then
    I have a need for speed
    Yes I do.  Works well.
    B)  :D
    I have a need for speed
    Mo' Bettah than Ad Block?