NASA head changes mind on Climate Change

1235»

Replies

• 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 1,260 Senior Member
    When I was younger and more flexible I drove smaller vehicles (I still have my '06 Mercury Mariner as a back-up vehicle) but as I get older and less flexible getting in and out of smaller vehicles is literally a pain.  I am 6'4" and my 17 year old son is now wearing my clothes, so this is now my daily driver:

In my former lives I was both a bus driver and truck driver so maneuvering the "battleship" (as one of my customers calls it) around town is not much of a challenge for me.....and it sure is comfy.  :D  On the down side, trips to the gas station can be painful, but not nearly as much as if it were an older model.  This one has a mid-size V-8 with cylinder deactivation technology so it gets significantly better gas mileage than the same model from 15-20 years ago.  My beloved GMC Canyon crew cab Z71 5.3L (hence my screen name, reused from another forum) is a hoot to drive, but it was getting too small for me.  That one is now going to my 20 year old daughter to take back to school with her in Wisconsin.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,181 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Do your knuckles drag on the ground if you hang your arm out the window. Your big enough to Fred Flintstone that go-cart :smiley:
    I was looking for a half way cheap used car to run around in. There was this Saturn... my head hit the ceiling unless I leaned the seat way back-- and I tend to sit more upright than most people. I got into that car, my head cleared, I had plenty of leg room...SOLD!!! I love that little car.
    My wife's car is a '99 Saturn. I'm 6'2" 290 lbs and I barely fit into the damn thing. Thank goodness I hardly ever have to ride in it, except if I have to take my truck for service and need a ride home. Thank goodness for big pick-up trucks. They're the only vehicles I can fit in comfortably, and I'm willing to pay the extra cost that they produce. Not only is it comfortable, I use it to haul my landscaping or motorcycle trailers around with it.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,181 Senior Member
    My problem with most cars is a 'one way' problem. I can get in them just fine; it's the getting out that plays hob with me. My knees in my chest trying to extricate myself isn't gonna happen; those knee joints doth protest too much. Especially if I've been sitting in one of those low to the floorpan 'bucket seats'. I need a freakin' 'sky hook' to get out of my nephew's Mustang! :D
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    The 2000 Saturn I had ran good fer 14 years with some repairs. It was too low to the ground and hard to get in and outta, but a dang good car.

My Outback is much mo easy to get in and out and gets over 30 MPH on the highway, usually 32.

Of course now I'm on R&R (Retired & R_E_T_A_R_D_E_D) I don't even have 30K on it yet. The Saturn had over 200,000 miles on it.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!