American hunter's images of her black giraffe 'trophy kill' spark outrage

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 31,734 Senior Member
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 2,330 Senior Member
    That Terry tweet said bow & arrow. It didn't look like that to me in the photo.
    Never really thought about shooting a giraffe but culling the heard is always a good thing. A ton of meat is a lot of burgers !

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,734 Senior Member
    It was old, killing younger bulls able to breed and keep the herd healthy and money from hunters permits goes toward conservation and stopping poaching.

I guess the concept of thinning the herd to keep it healthy is alien to the bunny huggers. I guess they would have rather seen it get ate by lions and hyenas when it got too old to defend itself.  
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    It seems to be easy for them to condemn things they have no understanding of.
    The reintroduction of predators was not well thought out too. 

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,734 Senior Member
    I guess all those hamburgers and hot dogs they eat were all made without killing animals.....................
    They most likely have that soy fake meat stuff.
    I just got the chills thinking about the taste of that stuff. ( yes I dated a vegan )
    Not long !

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,571 Senior Member
    I have only 1 question..
    Did she carry out the hunt in a manner LEGAL where it occurred?
    If the answer to that question is "Yes", then I congratulate her on a fine trophy.

Just look how big the differences in game laws between states are HERE. Something perfectly legal, in say Texas (since I've hunted there), like hunting near a feeder, will get you fined and possibly arrested here in Alabama.

So as long as she was hunting within that area's rules and regulations, Congrats ma'am
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,490 Senior Member
    Well;

It is just in time for the Toys R' Us extinction.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,710 Senior Member
    Sometimes sharing your accomplishments with millions of idiots that have no clue and yet they insist on commenting about your life (and it's quite fair since you willingly put it on display) is just a stupid idea.

If you are going to post a picture of yourself in front of a dead animal for the world to see you need to have the thick skin necessary to wipe your ass with the entire worlds opinions without moaning about it....or you are just looking for global attention which she got tons of.  She'll probably have her own hunting show in a year...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton