BABY GIRL

terminator012terminator012 Senior MemberPosts: 3,016 Senior Member
No we aren't having another one.😎

Daughter's boyfriend asked me to go shooting last Wednesday night. I told him I couldn't because we were getting things ready to go camping. He said ok and I thought nothing else about it.

Got a text from him Thursday around lunch and told me he wanted to come by and talk to me before we headed out. I said fine. I'd be home around 5. After thinking about it for awhile I put 2 and 2 together. He texted around 5 and said he was in the way. I went and got my old shotgun and laid it on the gun table with some Hoppes and a rag. Heard him pull up so I stuck my head out and said I'm in the shop. He came in and said what you doing Mr. Tracy. I turned and looked at him and said I'm just cleaning this old gun. His eyes got big and then he laughed and said I guess you know why I'm here.

He asked me for permission to marry my daughter. He is a good kid with a good family. Likes shooting, guns hunting etc. We talked for nearly 2 hours. He is a paramedic hoping one day to be part of the medi vac crew. Daughter is graduating in September and going to be an RN. Wedding date not definite yet but will be in the spring. Daddy's Little Girl is all grown up.

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,292 Senior Member
    They need a Belly Dancer at their reception. Just sayin'!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,016 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    I will suggest that.
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 421 Member
    Good on him. Not many of these kids these days have the respect to even think about formally asking dad first. I often wonder if there will ever be a guy that I won’t hate the second my daughter is old enough to date. Ugh.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,039 Senior Member
    Don't know if I am sorry for you or happy for you.

Just remember they move back in 3 times and there are more of them each time.
    I have a need for speed
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,624 Senior Member
    LOL on the shotgun thing! Sounds like a good guy. Wishing them the best!
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,262 Senior Member
    Would have been cheaper if they eloped.

Jus sayin'.
    Yeah, early; but, Momma's like weddings.
    I have a need for speed
    We have the second Grandchild getting married in 10 days.
    I have a need for speed
    NN said:
    Yeah, early; but, Momma's like weddings.

Momma is excited.
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,524 Senior Member
    edited July 4 #11
    There goes your gun fund for the next several years.

Congratulations,  btw.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 14,045 Senior Member
    Congratulations?
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,735 Senior Member
    First of all, Congratulations

I received a phone call asking permission. Was very pleased that he did that. They lived out of state so no chance to have a shotgun out.
    Him asking speaks a lot, we wish them luck
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,835 Senior Member
    Congratulations!
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,658 Senior Member
    Congrats.  

"I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,309 Senior Member
    Good luck to them both

EMS and nursing careers can both be tough
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

zorba said:
    I will suggest that.
    If you're lucky, you can get a dancer who can do the traditional "Zeffa" - danced with the "Shemadan" (lit candelabra) balanced on the head.

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 13,874 Senior Member
    Congratulations!
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    zorba said:
    zorba said:
    I will suggest that.
    If you're lucky, you can get a dancer who can do the traditional "Zeffa" - danced with the "Shemadan" (lit candelabra) balanced on the head.

I ain't looking for no dancer. If they want one you will be driving further west in Tn. You can choreograph it.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,425 Senior Member
    Congrats!

They grow up quick.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,369 Senior Member
    Congrats!
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,553 Senior Member
    Congratulations.....I guess you will be getting her room ready to rent out then.... :p
    I HAVE HATED COMMUNISTS EVEN BEFORE THEY CHANGED THEIR NAME TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,425 Senior Member
    Congratulations.....I guess you will be getting her room ready to rent out then.... :p
    Naw, gettin it ready so they can move in.................that never works out fer very long........
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,700 Senior Member
    Congrats, so far so good.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,145 Senior Member
    I thought the story was gonna end with her being pregnant.

Congrats either way.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,293 Senior Member
    Good for the young man and you!  Congratulations!
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 5,965 Senior Member
    BAMAAK said:
    I thought the story was gonna end with her being pregnant.

Congrats either way.
    It will. 
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    Thanks everyone. I really hope they make. It's hard to make one work now a days. I'm glad they decided to get married before having to because of pregnancy. I will just keep my fingers crossed.
    zorba said:
    zorba said:
    I will suggest that.

I ain't looking for no dancer. If they want one you will be driving further west in Tn. You can choreograph it.
    Can do, but the travel charges would be killer! They'd be better off with a local dancer, even if said dancer is female - heck, you might get lucky and find one prettier than me!

• bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,257 Senior Member
    Congratulations! Sounds like a good kid!
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 1,230 Senior Member
    Congrats!
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21