Ruger P85/89 Magazines

RugerFanRugerFan Senior MemberPosts: 1,510 Senior Member
https://www.cdnnsports.com/email-specials-html/rugerr-85-89-15rd-9mm-blue-magazine-oe.html#.W0A4bDpKjIU

CDNN has OEM P85/89 magazines on sale for $9.99.  That's much cheaper than I've seen anywhere else.  I just bought 2. Beware: shipping is $9.99.

Just wanted to pass it along in case anyone else is interested.   Btw, they've got good prices on other magazines. Look under the "Email Specials" tab.

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,261 Senior Member
    Magazines for my P90DC come with sticker shock if they can be found. I got new springs instead.
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,510 Senior Member
    Yeah, that's why I bought a couple. Price was too good to pass up
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,414 Senior Member
    Great price.

Be advised other places that sell mags for P-89 usually have this.

'Fits P89 models with serial number 304-70000 and above'  I don't remember the why of that and what changed with that SN# and above, though. 

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,691 Senior Member
    Magazines for my P90DC come with sticker shock if they can be found. I got new springs instead.
    Same here with my P97DC
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,510 Senior Member
    I did not see that disclaimer
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,002 Senior Member
    Have to think about this one, have six magazines now but good price.
    When California was no longer allowing more then 10 rounders I purchased several, think they were 15 dollars apiece then.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,414 Senior Member
    My SN# is way above that one listed. Mine is a P-89 DC (Decocker). It's a big chunky Wondernine and it works all the time, digests anything I stuff in it with aplomb.

Trigger pull sucks hind teat, a little better since I put a spring kit in it, but sill heavy. Dead nuts reliable. It is what it is.

I know some of the mags listed for it besides P-89 also fit the the P-85 (I believe) and P-93/P-94/P-95 and PC9.  

Again, I can't remember why that SN# range is specified or what changes were made to the P-89 pistols or the magazines.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!