Interesting read on MN CCW permit denial

CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior MemberPosts: 10,720 Senior Member
http://www.startribune.com/fridley-man-at-center-of-fbi-terror-probe-wages-court-battle-for-a-gun-permit/487576701/

Not sure how I feel about this, the guy is not restricted from owning a gun, that I know of, he is just not getting a CCW permit. Bryan Strawser is directly responsible for NO new gun laws in MN last session.
I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,891 Senior Member
    edited July 2018 #2
    I'd vote for the Sherrif.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,659 Senior Member
    He apparently wants to fight against "us", so I don't have a problem with the sheriff exercising his discretion  and denying it.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,736 Senior Member
    If he wants to go to Syria, I'll pay for his ticket, with the stipulation that he renounces his U.S. citizenship.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,891 Senior Member
    I thought that has been decreed 
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,551 Senior Member
    If he's too dangerous for a CCP, why in the hell is he walking around? I assume he can buy gasoline and rent trucks? 
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,720 Senior Member
    CaliFFL said:
    If he's too dangerous for a CCP, why in the hell is he walking around? I assume he can buy gasoline and rent trucks? 
    This is the point, I am not sure how I feel about some elected official setting precedence with the CCW topic when there are obviously bigger fish to fry with this loon.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    CaliFFL said:
    This. Either convict the man of something or give him the permit. 

I can can see where the Sheriff is hung up. It wouldn’t be good for your political career to a whack job, that looses it while he is being watched by the Feds. Unfortunately for the Sheriff the ground he is standing on is very sandy. 
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13