Interesting read on MN CCW permit denial

CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior MemberPosts: 9,700 Senior Member
http://www.startribune.com/fridley-man-at-center-of-fbi-terror-probe-wages-court-battle-for-a-gun-permit/487576701/

Not sure how I feel about this, the guy is not restricted from owning a gun, that I know of, he is just not getting a CCW permit. Bryan Strawser is directly responsible for NO new gun laws in MN last session.
I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,039 Senior Member
    edited July 8 #2
    I'd vote for the Sherrif.
    I have a need for speed
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,309 Senior Member
    He apparently wants to fight against "us", so I don't have a problem with the sheriff exercising his discretion  and denying it.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,624 Senior Member
    If he wants to go to Syria, I'll pay for his ticket, with the stipulation that he renounces his U.S. citizenship.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,039 Senior Member
    I thought that has been decreed 
    I have a need for speed
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,168 Senior Member
    If he's too dangerous for a CCP, why in the hell is he walking around? I assume he can buy gasoline and rent trucks? 
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,700 Senior Member
    CaliFFL said:
    If he's too dangerous for a CCP, why in the hell is he walking around? I assume he can buy gasoline and rent trucks? 
    This is the point, I am not sure how I feel about some elected official setting precedence with the CCW topic when there are obviously bigger fish to fry with this loon.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 5,965 Senior Member
    CaliFFL said:
    This. Either convict the man of something or give him the permit. 

I can can see where the Sheriff is hung up. It wouldn’t be good for your political career to a whack job, that looses it while he is being watched by the Feds. Unfortunately for the Sheriff the ground he is standing on is very sandy. 
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13