Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Bombing in Nigeria.. Western education forbidden.

robert38-55robert38-55 Senior MemberPosts: 3,621 Senior Member
Apparently Al Qaeda, is teaming up with the Mulsim sect called Boko Haram,, the article states that:

Boko Haram, which roughly translates as “Western education forbidden,” seeks to impose a stricter application of Shariah, or Islamic, law across the largely Muslim northern half of Nigeria

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/26/world/africa/explosion-rips-through-catholic-church-in-nigeria.html?ref=world
"It is what it is":usa:

Replies

  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    None of my business.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,664 Senior Member
    Can't have happened...the Catholics must have done something to make the Muslims mad at them, so the fault for the bombing of occupied churches lies squarely in the lap of the Catholics...
    (just applying a little Ron Paul logic here)...killing women and kids....more proof of the peaceful, loving nature of religion practiced by some of the Muslims in our world...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • HakkonenHakkonen Member Posts: 251 Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Can't have happened...the Catholics must have done something to make the Muslims mad at them, so the fault for the bombing of occupied churches lies squarely in the lap of the Catholics...
    (just applying a little Ron Paul logic here)...killing women and kids....more proof of the peaceful, loving nature of religion practiced by some of the Muslims in our world...

    Emphasis added. Millions upon millions of Muslims the world over live peaceful lives, and are no more prone to murder than you or I. There are murderous zealots in every faith; don't judge the majority by the actions of a few.
    "If money is speech, then no money means no speech." --Bill Moyers

    Money is not speech, corporations are not people, and wealth does not trickle down.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,664 Senior Member
    That's why I used to word "some".....

    But just for the sake of discussion.....why is it that it doesn't appear that any of those "millions and millions" of those other Muslims aren't stepping in and curbing their less-peaceful brethren? It would be interesting to see a Saudi expeditionary force going to Nigeria to put a stop to these depredations...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    I've been waiting and waiting for all those millions of peaceful Muslims to rise up and collectively stomp a mudhole in the middle of these minority extremists in their midst and then stomp the mudhole dry. Glad I haven't been holding my breath. This lack of action by the majority that seems to condemn these actions, with their mouths, but fail to act, gives tacit approval of such acts, IMHO.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,664 Senior Member
    Seems like many of these "movements" have a common theme..."keep the unwashed masses ignorant at all costs." Any attempt at progress or any attempt to improve one's lot in life is seen as a threat...and it is!
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    "millions and millions" of those other Muslims aren't stepping in and curbing their less-peaceful brethren?

    millions of peaceful Muslims to rise up and collectively stomp a mudhole in the middle of these minority extremists in their midst



    I do remember thinking the same about Irish Catholics during our bout of trouble, did not happen, and still does not.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Can't have happened...the Catholics must have done something to make the Muslims mad at them,

    It was called the Crusades.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

    Adam J. McCleod


  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    I thought that was called advancement of commerce?:wink:
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,664 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    It was called the Crusades.

    I wonder how many veterans of the Crusades are still around...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,664 Senior Member
    shush wrote: »
    I do remember thinking the same about Irish Catholics during our bout of trouble, did not happen, and still does not.

    Doesn't the Pope employ a bunch of Swiss mercenaries?
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,581 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    None of my business.

    Maybe that is still so, world gets smaller every day and anything that could make your enemy stronger, even just bolder is bound to cost us!
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Hakkonen wrote: »
    Emphasis added. Millions upon millions of Muslims the world over live peaceful lives, and are no more prone to murder than you or I. There are murderous zealots in every faith; don't judge the majority by the actions of a few.

    And those millions support their more militant brethren, sometimes unknowing other times they know full well.
    Many non militants hide behind that cloak yet support the militants with funding.

    Nazi Germany is a great example, Hitler if not for massive support and equally massive apathy and folks that did nothing, was able to come into power, IMHO those that did nothing accomplished the same as those that supported Hitler openly.

    It is the same case with Muslims, they hide behind the cloak of non militancy yet support the militant effort financially, some of Us are just not stupid enough to be fooled.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    I wonder how many veterans of the Crusades are still around...

    They are called descendants. Ask the Jews 1000 years from now if they forgive the Nazis. Some cultures hold grudges forever.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

    Adam J. McCleod


  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,702 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    Some cultures hold grudges forever.

    An old Arab (not Muslim) proverb went something like this: if you get revenge 20 years later, you have rushed things.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    I've been waiting and waiting for all those millions of peaceful Muslims to rise up and collectively stomp a mudhole in the middle of these minority extremists in their midst and then stomp the mudhole dry. Glad I haven't been holding my breath. This lack of action by the majority that seems to condemn these actions, with their mouths, but fail to act, gives tacit approval of such acts, IMHO.

    I have to agree with you tennmike and I might add: "Evil will prevail, when good men do nothing." I don't remember who said that. Case in point Nazi Germany 1938
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    And those millions support their more militant brethren, sometimes unknowing other times they know full well.
    Many non militants hide behind that cloak yet support the militants with funding.

    Nazi Germany is a great example, Hitler if not for massive support and equally massive apathy and folks that did nothing, was able to come into power, IMHO those that did nothing accomplished the same as those that supported Hitler openly.



    It is the same case with Muslims, they hide behind the cloak of non militancy yet support the militant effort financially, some of Us are just not stupid enough to be fooled.

    I agree with you too DoctorWho. The old rock group, "The who" did a song "We wont be fooled again." Part of the lyrics said: Well there's fighting in the street.. Say hello to the new boss, same as the old boss, we won't be fooled again." The old boss being Bin Laden, Heaven knows who the new boss is.
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • ThatMattGuyThatMattGuy Senior Member Posts: 666 Senior Member
    Hakkonen wrote: »
    Emphasis added. Millions upon millions of Muslims the world over live peaceful lives, and are no more prone to murder than you or I. There are murderous zealots in every faith; don't judge the majority by the actions of a few.

    Where are they? Where is the out cry? Why do they not demand this be stopped? They do not and their silence supports the few.
    The poster formerly known as '69MercCougar
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    If the militants were a big stink unto the non militants, and those non militants were truly serious about World peace or any kind of peace at all, the militants would wake up one morning with their throats cut.......
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    Hakkonen wrote: »
    Emphasis added. Millions upon millions of Muslims the world over live peaceful lives, and are no more prone to murder than you or I. There are murderous zealots in every faith; don't judge the majority by the actions of a few.


    Would these be the same "peaceful" muslims that would "peacefully" pray in the streets of London by the thousands in order to "peacfully" bring traffic to a standstill every day? These "peaceful" muslims forced England to ban prayer in the streets. These "peaceful" muslims used to drive to London from numerous outlying towns specifically to pray in the streets and "peacfully" hinder traffic and commerce.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    .
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    Would these be the same "peaceful" muslims that would "peacefully" pray in the streets of London by the thousands in order to "peacfully" bring traffic to a standstill every day? These "peaceful" muslims forced England to ban prayer in the streets. These "peaceful" muslims used to drive to London from numerous outlying towns specifically to pray in the streets and "peacfully" hinder traffic and commerce.[/QUOT


    I think you may have mistaken this;
    Muslim students in London university prayer room row
    http://http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8598455.stm
    For this
    Paris ban on Muslim street prayers comes into effect
    http://bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14945467

    I understand your confusion: We Europeans all look alike, I know:wink:. But the French?:down::yikes: Please!!!!!!!!!!
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    My bad, it hasn't been passed into law in London but they are experiencing the same problem. Notice that there's a park right accross the street where they could do their thing without impeding traffic.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hgCo13BTnf4
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    .
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    We’re cool, just pulling your plonker.
    Seriously though, as we have found throughout history’’ This too will Pass’
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,887 Senior Member
    Their "profit" married children. He had an 8 year old (IIRC) "wife". The world would be a better place without ANY organized religion period, but for sure that "faith" of so called peace, should never have been spat into existence.
  • gunrunner428gunrunner428 Senior Member Posts: 1,018 Senior Member
    shush wrote: »
    We’re cool, just pulling your plonker.

    The international flavor of this forum always amazes me. Thanks for the chuckle, shush!
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement