LGBTQ Rights Are More Special Than Yours

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 31,414 Senior Member
I'm all for equal rights, not 'Special Rights'.  I feel the same way about so called 'Hate Crimes' and BLM because I think all lives matter.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,032 Senior Member
    Oldest son is visiting----he just went off on a tangent about having a troop
    get a gender change while he was still in the Army.

What is it ----like minds and such.
    I have a need for speed
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,553 Senior Member
    Libs love those special interest groups.
    I HAVE HATED COMMUNISTS EVEN BEFORE THEY CHANGED THEIR NAME TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,616 Senior Member
    We used to have hospitals for the mentally ill. (That's for the LGBTQWXYZ bunch, too.)
    Hate crimes? The concept of hate crime is silly. If Hate Crime is an actual thing, then the existence of a Love Crime must be taken into account. As in, "I love you so much I'm gonna blow your brains out." Both concepts are absurd.
    If the BLM people practiced what they preached, then they'd be whacking and stacking the gangbangers and drug dealers sex merchants as fast as they could catch them. Cops aren't blowing away all those people in places like Chicago and other Democratic controlled paradises.
    Title IX for womens sports has backfired big time. All those 'transgender guys' claiming to be girls are beating the actual biological women in every sport they enter from track to wrestling. Careful what you wish for (Title IX) because the unintended consequences will beat you into the ground.

Like BC said, Equal Rights, not special rights and carve outs.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,835 Senior Member
    Libs love those special interest groups.
     Not all of them.  
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,143 Senior Member
    edited July 13 #6
    It seems everyone's rights are more special than "ours". Still trying to figure out who "they" and "us" are though. It's quite confusing nowadays. I do know that other than "white privilege", my rights as a law abiding, nose to the grindstone, do unto others type don't seem to matter too much.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,295 Senior Member
    Michakav said:
    It seems everyone rights are more special than "ours". Still trying to figure out who "they" and "us" are though. It's quite confusing nowadays.  
    "us" are mostly conservative, heterosexuals 
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

knitepoet said:
    Michakav said:
    It seems everyone rights are more special than "ours". Still trying to figure out who "they" and "us" are though. It's quite confusing nowadays.  

Are you allowed to say that?.... :D
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,555 Senior Member
    I get the first four sicknesses but what is a queer?
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,414 Senior Member
    edited July 13 #10
    Buford said:

"USA TODAY Network talked with experts and individuals in the gay community about what the Q means, why it's used and who is saying it.

What does the 'Q' stand for?

Q can mean either 'questioning' or 'queer,' Fred Sainz, a spokesman for the Human Rights Campaign, an organization that lobbies for LGBT rights, told USA TODAY Network. Either interpretation is accepted, he said.

Queer means many things

People use the term queer because it's not specific to sexual orientation or to gender identity but is more of an umbrella term that can encompass a lot of people, according to Sainz.

"Queer is anything that exists outside of the dominant narrative," Cleo Anderson, a 26-year-old intern at GLAAD, a prominent gay rights group, told USA TODAY Network. Anderson identifies with the term.

"Queer means that you are one of those letters (LGBT), but you could be all of those letters and not knowing is OK," she said."

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,555 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    Buford said:

"Queer means that you are one of those letters (LGBT), but you could be all of those letters and not knowing is OK," she said."

So a Queer is more confused than the other four.
    Thanks.

Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
      So the word has come a full circle.................we were right all along. Odd, abnormal behavior.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,616 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    Michakav said:
    To which I'd add, a conservative of ANY color.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,295 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    knitepoet said:
    Michakav said:
    To which I'd add, a conservative of ANY color.
    Agreed, which is why I left out both any reference to color or gender
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

"Based on a stupid essay from a stupid ad mill (which is the link in the OP)."

I like that conservative site and don't see any more ads there than anywhere else. I don't find the essay stupid either.

I'm for equal rights, not special.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 14,045 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:

I'm for equal rights, not special.
    The author uses the premise that since some NYC city council person suggested a LGBTQ theme event for the Yankees baseball team, white male heterosexuals are under attack and this group is somehow getting special treatment. Take a look at the Detroit Tigers themed events on the link below. Mothers, fathers, LEO's, firefighters, basically every university in Michigan, kids, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Jackie Robinson, Star Wars, military, veterans.... the list goes on and on. There is a whole lot of "more special" going on there. While not a specific white hetero man night, I am sure one event or another will have you covered. I am sure most ball teams are that way. Why not a queer night? Does it really make them "more equal" or was the article some silly emotional rant with no substance designed to appeal to a certain segment of the population and generate ad clicks?

edited July 14 #18
    Did you even read the whole article? There is an audio of it too.

What has been the clarion cry of the left? Of course it’s been one of disenfranchisement. "They are the oppressed – the bullied – the back-of-the-bus riders."

"And for years we on the right have heard that various left-leaning groups just want to be treated as equals – but that Jim Crow conservatives (that’s all conservatives, by the way) are holding these factions down."

"We right-wingers have always been confused by this. We are the true, live and let live Americans. We are the ones who espouse equal rights for all, special rights for none."

"But that has never been good enough for the left, particularly today, as they become increasingly radicalized. The left doesn’t want equal rights. They do in fact demand special rights for every new subset of the left."

"Women and “people of color” did receive the equal rights they deserved. Yet it didn’t stop there. It never does with the left. Women now receive guilt-ridden special rights by virtue of Title IX carve-outs. People of color received affirmative action carve-outs. Both are special rights, afforded to no other groups. Hardly the equal rights that their forefathers and mothers so reasonably demanded."

"But this is what happens when the radical left highjacks an issue. In the name of “women’s rights,” came the pro-abortion movement, or legalized murder on demand. From the civil rights movement came the decidedly uncivil Black Lives Matter, who berates, almost to the point of violence, anyone who has the nerve to just claim that All Lives Matter."

"Next up – the homosexual rights movement. And as each new group popped up, they became more radical, demanding more of society, and claiming that this is the new “civil rights” movement. We were to celebrate homosexuality as equal, regardless of our antiquated religious beliefs. Their rights, it was implied, trumped ours. Still do in most cases."

"Now there is yet a new civil rights movement – that of the guys who think they are girls (and vice versa), or the transgender movement. And once again, we are being forced to celebrate the odd among us. Yeah, I said it!"

"As the movement becomes more radicalized, they make more and more demands. No longer is it enough for society to tolerate these movements. We are no longer allowed to live and let live. We must take part in the celebration, or suffer the consequences. And as long as we continue to acquiesce to demands, they’ll keep pushing the envelope."

"Speaking of pushing the envelope – In Great Britain, not taking part in the nonsense of transgenderism is now a fireable offense. A Christian doctor, who worked for the U.K. National Health Service for 26 years, was recently fired for his refusal to use “proper” or preferred gender pronouns. That’s it!"

"The Blaze reported that British government overseers said, “that noncompliance with the policy toward transgender persons ‘could be considered to be harassment as defined by the 2010 Equality Act.’” Wow! Fired for not calling a dude in a dress ma’am, or something like that. And the left are the oh-so tolerant ones."

"Here in the States, Major League Baseball has become the target of the radical transgender brigade – or one team in particular."

"It seems the New York Yankees, the Bronx Bombers, are the only MLB team left who has yet to celebrate the new “special” civil right of LGBTQ – EIEIO."

"Every other team in the league has held an LGBTQ “Pride Night.” Funny – I don’t recall teams having a “people of color” or Hispanic Pride Night. I guess they’re no longer “special” enough. No – that’s not it. They’re just not odd enough to warrant a response from us evil conservatives."

"New York City Council Speaker Corey Johnson said that, “Pride Nights are really important to show the LGBTQ community that they are just as welcome as anyone else,” CBS News reported. And why wouldn’t they be, assuming they don’t show up in outlandishly inappropriate costumes and publically display the debauchery often seen at their dopey “Pride” parades. Otherwise, few would give a crap."

"Which is why these groups act so outrageously – to purposely elicit a negative response. They can then cry foul, and accuse the repulsed of whatever phobia applies to their outrageous behavior."

"But it seems common sense and reason has been flipped on its head. There is no live and let live, and supposed oppressors have now become the oppressed."

"So in the future, can conservative hetero whitey white males expect MLB to hold a “Pride Night” for us? Or will we just end up on display at the Museum of Science, along side the other extinct species."

https://constitution.com/lgbtq-rights-are-more-special-than-yours/

Where is the article does it say to mistreat LGBTQ or women or anyone else?
    BTW I get:
    "advertisement story continues below" and a blank white space, no ads before it goes on, so my ad blockers work good.
    I have read it. Twice. It doesn't say to mistreat anyone. It claims that their chosen group (white male hetero conservatives) have been mistreated, then offers the suggestion of a NYC city councilperson as evidence of that oppression.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,653 Senior Member
    You mean a right wing site writes  an article to whip up its base?!?

"I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
    Your take on the article and mine are totally different. I agree with the author.
    Yes cpj, it hit the nail on the head and about time too.
    Big Chief said:
    BTW I get:
    "advertisement story continues below" and a blank white space, no ads before it goes on, so my ad blockers work good.
    http://patriotads.com/media-kit/

The left has ad mills too. Here is a good example...

edited July 15 #27
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,261 Senior Member
    Are not the live and let live philosophy and the content of the article contradictory???

If it was my intention to let live, why manufacture contemptuous editorial???

I have contempt for several things. If I put that contempt in print for mass consumption it can't possibly be for the purpose of letting live, can it???

Have I missed something???

• FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 417 Member
    There is a big difference between sexuality and gender. I treat everyone with respect until they start wanting special treatment and/or their actions affect my life. Other than that, I’ll do me and you do you.
    edited July 15 #30
    Are not the live and let live philosophy and the content of the article contradictory???

If it was my intention to let live, why manufacture contemptuous editorial???

I have contempt for several things. If I put that contempt in print for mass consumption it can't possibly be for the purpose of letting live, can it???

Have I missed something???

I "read" that the article was about a pissed off conservative who is tired of the double standard and made valid points. As an independent, so am I.

Kind of ironic actually. These "groups" have been through the ringer trying to get where they are at with equal rights. But now it seems they want to turn the tables the other way and oppress others. 

Hard for me to put into words on a forum how I feel, but that's the surface of it.
    Honestly, what valid points did the author make? Some guy was fired in the UK? A gay city council member suggested a gay themed night at the baseball park? I am not cool with double standards either and can empathize with that, but I fail to see where the author conveyed that.