Blind man in Minion costume attacked outside Florida store, police say

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,663 Senior Member
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 39,240 Senior Member
    Been a real shame had someone pulled a gun and shot the attacker in the face. I’d be crying for him. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 24,285 Senior Member
    There's some people out there that need to be beaten to a bloody mush for doing things like that.
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

• GilaGila Posts: 632 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    There's some people out there that need to be beaten to a bloody mush for doing things like that.
    True, but they will only slap him on the back of his hand and tell him not to do it again. 
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,610 Senior Member
    edited July 12 #5
    Florida!

Curious, why is a violent attack just a misdemeanor? One would think that throwing a punch should at least be a felony, if not an attempted capital offense. If I were the "punchee" I would want the "puncher" executed, lest he throws another punch at someone else. 
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,272 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    Been a real shame had someone pulled a gun and shot the attacker in the testicles. I’d be crying for him. 
    FIFY
    Non-lethal chlorine for the gene pool
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,809 Senior Member
    horselips said:
    Florida!

Curious, why is a violent attack just a misdemeanor? One would think that throwing a punch should at least be a felony, if not an attempted capital offense. If I were the "punchee" I would want the "puncher" executed, lest he throws another punch at someone else. 
    It depends on the extent of the injury(ies). Policed deemed this to be a "simple" misdemeanor assault. Not saying it's right, but I am familiar with police procedure and the penal law.
    I HAVE HATED COMMUNISTS EVEN BEFORE THEY CHANGED
    THEIR NAME TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 24,285 Senior Member
    It depends on the extent of the injury(ies). Policed deemed this to be a "simple" misdemeanor assault. Not saying it's right, but I am familiar with police procedure and the penal law.
    It can also depend on the person that was attacked. It could have been a 17 y.o. young lady in that Minions costume with her father nearby. In that case the guy doing the assault might have ended up in the ER with some serious injuries, or lying in the morgue with a toe tag.
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!