PSA Coming Out With a 9mm AK Pistol...

DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior MemberPosts: 3,353 Senior Member
looks interesting. Estimated retail in the 7 to 800 range.
It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain

Replies

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,856 Senior Member
    No linky or pics.
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,353 Senior Member
    The beauty of the internet. Palmetto State Armory. https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/06/08/9mm-ak-palmetto-state/
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,549 Senior Member
    edited July 2018 #4
    I'm still waiting for the Ruger take-down model to reach my $500 OTD threshold. If it never does...oh, well. Mainly, I regret passing up good deals on M-1 Carbines, many years ago.

I have enough $600 plus AR style rifles and I don't care for Soviet bloc designs.
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,856 Senior Member
    The beauty of the internet. Palmetto State Armory. https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/06/08/9mm-ak-palmetto-state/
    Thanks. I sure can't find it on PSA.
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 1,825 Senior Member
    Wonder if it will lack accuracy and earn the AK designation?
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,037 Senior Member
    I'm not sure of the concept, having not seen a concept.  Is the idea to increase the range of a 9mm pistol round?  To what effect?  A Glock handgun will hold 15 rounds and be effective at 9mm range.  I just don't get it.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,353 Senior Member
    The stabilizing brace folds to the left side of the firearm. It can be used as a butt stock if you don't tell anyone... As for the 9mm round, it was a simple thing to make solid torso shots at 100 yards and beyond with the HK MP-5 in semi-auto so there is an application for a "pistol" chambered carbine. 
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Gene L said:
    I'm not sure of the concept, having not seen a concept.  Is the idea to increase the range of a 9mm pistol round?  To what effect?  A Glock handgun will hold 15 rounds and be effective at 9mm range.  I just don't get it.
    Glock 17,     standard 17 round magazines plus one........
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,259 Senior Member
    Gene L said:
    I'm not sure of the concept, having not seen a concept.  Is the idea to increase the range of a 9mm pistol round?  To what effect?  A Glock handgun will hold 15 rounds and be ebout a effective at 9mm range.  I just don't get  it.
    I doubt you are the target demographic.

We have a guy shoot an AK in 9mm a year ago at a steel match.  He did pretty well with it.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician