Anderson AR15 lowers $29.99

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 18,940 Senior Member
edited July 2018 in General Firearms #1
Just got an email from Primary Arms, the have 2 types of stripped AR-15 lowers (open and closed trigger guard models) on sale for 24 hours.

Never used an Anderson lower, and have no connection to Primary Arms (other than being on their mailing list)
Just thought I'd pass this deal along if anyone's needing another lower or 3 (limit 3)

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,940 Senior Member
    OOPS, I got my P's mixed up, It's Primary Arms that's having the sale and not PSA like I originally posted. I edited the original post and here's a link

http://www.primaryarms.com/AdName+Clearance,Sale/SaleName+24-Hour-Deal

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,829 Senior Member
    I don't know much about ARs.  Do this lower need any milling/machining?
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 11,003 Senior Member
    Nope, it is mil-spec, should be good to go.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    Eh.  I own 4 complete lowers already... don't think I need any more right now.
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
    edited July 2018 #6
    RugerFan said:
    For the most part, no.

Though I have heard that Anderson doesn't thread the pistol grip screw hole as deep as some other manufacturers, so you need a slightly shorter than "Mil-spec" screw. Even the description says, "Accepts 3/4″ and 1″ Grip Screws"

No positive, but I think 1.25" is "standard"

I've also heard of people running a tap into the hole and lenthening the threaded part

• RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,829 Senior Member
    Thanks. For that price I might consider getting 1
    you're welcome

• JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,327 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    RugerFan said:
    For the most part, no.

Though I have heard that Anderson doesn't thread the pistol grip screw hole as deep as some other manufacturers, so you need a slightly shorter than "Mil-spec" screw. Even the description says, "Accepts 3/4″ and 1″ Grip Screws"

No positive, but I think 1.25" is "standard"

I've also heard of people running a tap into the hole and lenthening the threaded part

I THINK they’ve fixed that problem. Not positive though. I’ve buikt several ARs in Anderson lowers, some with mil spec lower parts kits, and have never had a problem. 

In in any case, I just ordered 3 lowers from your link. Thanks for spending my money...😡
    Jay said:

In in any case, I just ordered 3 lowers from your link. Thanks for spending my money...😡
    You're welcome... Bwahahahaha >:)

• BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,309 Senior Member
    Yea I used a DD grip on mine and the screw worked fine.  They are decent lowers.  I have one lower left of 3 for 99.00 deal I got at LGS.  Not sure what i'm gonna make with it.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,725 Senior Member
    Looking at the picture, I think I know. But, the closed ear lower, you are unable to change the trigger guard, or is it done differently?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    I have enough parts and pieces laying around, I can complete one of these lowers as soon as it gets here. After I get the LR308 project done, I’ll order a cheap, complete upper from PSA or somewhere and I’ll have a complete gun. Shoot it a little and stash it in the back of the safe. Second one, I’ve always wanted to do a “poor boys precision AR.”  See if I can build a sub MOA shooter on the cheap. eBay, used parts, whatever it takes to build cheap but be relatively accurate. The last lower will probably be a super light weight build. Gonna take me a while to get to them all. 
    Diver43 said:
    Looking at the picture, I think I know. But, the closed ear lower, you are unable to change the trigger guard, or is it done differently?
    That’s correct. The trigger guard is cast cast into the receiver. They are arched to provide room for a gloved finger. Those are what I’ve been using when I use Anderson. For no other reason than it’s one less thing to have to install. 
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,725 Senior Member
    Jay said:
    Diver43 said:
    That’s correct. The trigger guard is cast cast into the receiver. They are arched to provide room for a gloved finger. Those are what I’ve been using when I use Anderson. For no other reason than it’s one less thing to have to install. 
    Thought so, Thanks
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,734 Senior Member
    I ordered a complete pistol upper front Davidson Defense. 

Don’t think I want another pistol lower. I’ll just swap it back and forth as needed with one of my other pistol lowers 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    Want schmant, its 29$, and you have an upper that "needs" a lower.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    $29 + $30 transfer fee. 
    Zee said:
    $29 + $30 transfer fee. 
    Will they write up 2- 3 lowers for the $30?
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,924 Senior Member
    I got 3 in a cart. Not sure what my FFL would charge to do 3. I will find out tomorrow if PA still offers them tomorrow.
    My lgs will do 3 on one 4473 for one transfer fee. $25. I took my cans to the recycler Friday and got $25. Free transfer...
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Zee said:
    $29 + $30 transfer fee. 
    Will they write up 2- 3 lowers for the $30?
    $30 + $10 for each additional. 
    Sale is over, so you either got what you wanted, or you missed out.

I didn't need/want any, so I ordered ZERO

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,924 Senior Member
    I just sit down to order 3. I had 3 in a cart but they are 39.95 now. My LGS said he would do all 3 for 30.00 dollars total. I new I should have came in earlier today and ordered them. 119 for the 3 and 30 bucks to get them is not that bad either.